Slimming to multiply - my weekly weigh down

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Slimming to multiply - my weekly weigh down

Postby ganymede » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Awesome STM, keep up the amazing work! :mrgreen:
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Slimming to multiply » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:36 am

So this week I've continued running, I can honestly say I'm loving it and I think I am addicted to it :shock:

So it's TTOTM for me so yeah BLOAT-A-RAMA but in spite of that I weighed myself yesterday. Where at least there was a weight loss...

Last week's weight: 117.4kg
Current weight: 117.0kg

I'm not game to weigh myself today (guaranteed to at least put on +2kgs of water weight) which would totally get me down.... :cry:

But overall it's all going in the right direction so I'm very happy!!! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjJakJc/]

First mini goal is to reach 110kgs - achieved November 2011
Second mini Goal is to reach 105kgs -
Slimming to multiply

Postby Slimming to multiply » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:17 am

Last weeks weight: 117.0kg
Current weight: 115.7kg

This is not a mistake! I have really lost 1.3kgs this week!!! YAY!! This is so exciting - I know I've got so much more to go but it's moments like this that make me realise I can succeed.

I'm even more surprised because this week I had a cold and wasn't well enough to exercise so I really had to rely on my diet to create the energy deficit to lose weight, but I did it! :D and I will keep doing it.

Slimming to multiply

Postby Sassyt » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:01 pm

Well done STM. That is a great loss indeed and yes you can do it. You WILL be a success. I really admire you positive upbeat attitude. Keep going girl!
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby Slimming to multiply » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:03 pm

Feeling a bit depressed about my lack of motivation this week. I'm so tired and it's making me crave junk food like crazy!! I have been soooo crazy busy the past few weeks so between that and work and my social activities I am now exhausted. To top it off I have had minimal time to exercise and now I have hit a plateau. I need to perk myself by going to the gym or something or call someone to go for a run.

I'm going to America in just over 2 weeks and everyone keeps telling me the favourite pastime over there is eating :shock: - alot!!! so I kinda wished I had started my weightloss journey a little earlier.... but I can't change that now!

RIGHT I'M GOING OUT TO BURN SOME FAT.

Slimming to multiply

Postby Slimming to multiply » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:12 pm

So I'm happy to report I have finally broken through my plateau....since my last post I have weighed 115.7 and then suddenly two days ago I went down 100g and then today I was 114.6!!!!! :shock: I couldn't believe it!!
I was feeling so frustrated because since my previous post I have slammed the exercise again and filled my diet with even more fruit and veg in lieu of other stuff so I was wondering why it wasn't moving and then suddenly.. Total YAYNESS! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Slimming to multiply

Postby Sassyt » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:49 pm

It must feel really great! Well done 2 u! Keep on going!!!
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby Slimming to multiply » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:33 pm

Thanks Sassy it does feel great, as you would also know! I see you have broken through into the 70's!! That's amazing, keep going. :D

So I have been away in America for the last 2.5 weeks - it was an amazing trip, loved it!! I ate as healthy as I could, got in some workouts (stayed with my brother and went to his gym) and walked around pretty much all day everyday. I did have a couple of desserts and 'candys' when I wanted to though (I was on holiday after all). I was 115.6kgs the day before I left which was annoying because it meant I had put on 1kg since my last weigh in :oops:

The day after I got back I weighed myself to see the damage and discovered I had lost 1.7kgs!! YAY. Maybe I should go to America permanently and I may just be thin, lol.

Slimming to multiply

Postby Grapefruit » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:55 pm

Well done on your loss so far, you're doing great!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbbRGId/]
[/url]
Grapefruit

Postby Sassyt » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:54 am

Thanks dear! Just glad 2 hear u had a good tym on ur holiday! Must say u are a better person than I am. With me a holiday = weight gain I just cannot keep up with my diet when I'm on holiday so big up 2 u 4 not 4getting your goals! Just keep up the good work!!!
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby Slimming to multiply » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:12 pm

So this week I have really knuckled down with my diet and have cut out all chocolate and lollies, I feel so motivated to do this. I feel my time in America with my bro and his 10mth old son has really put my goals and why im doing this back into perspective. I have realised the only person who is holding me back is me and my choice to emotionally eat. I am so aware of what I do and why I do it and this helps me stay in control.

For example: Yesterday I was a little upset and I needed to go to the supermarket to buy some essentials while I was in there I decided to buy some chocolate because I 'wanted' it. However after I got home I realised I didn't actually want the chocolate because of the taste, I just wanted to eat it to make myself feel better - so the chocolate has not touched my lips, I have put it into the cupboard where it will stay until I want to eat it for taste not for emotional reasons.

Whenever I want something like chocolate or some food which isn't the healthiest I will ask myself two things:

Do I want it to taste the food or do I want to eat it because I'm feeling sad or emotional. If it's for taste then I will have some and I will be happy with just a little bit. If it's for emotional reasons then I will not have any as it doesn't matter how much I eat I will not feel any better for it.

I know for some people this is the kind of thinking they do subconsciously but for me I have never learnt this way of thinking so I'm trying to instil these thoughts to improve my relationship with food.

So onto the weight side of things:
Last week's weight: 113.9kgs
Today's weight: 112.7kgs

so that's a 1.2 kgs loss! YAY :D

Slimming to multiply

Postby Grapefruit » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:20 pm

Well done STM!

I can totally relate to gaining awareness with emotional eating and life in general. Even if you don't always act on it, just being aware is wonderful. Those times where you assess the reason and then change your initial thoughts (eg, eating the chocolate) is just so empowering. Good on you!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbbRGId/]
[/url]
Grapefruit

Postby Slimming to multiply » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:31 am

So the last week or so I have been eating so well and continued the exercise routine and loving it! The frustrating thing though is that I haven't been going to the toilet as much as I should be (sorry for TMI) which has left me feeling so bloated and not really seeing the results I should be.

So for the weigh in results:

Last weigh in: 112.7kg
Current weight: 111.9kg

I don't really understand why this has be happening though because I've been drinking litres and litres of water (im talking minimum of 6litres a day - no joke!!!) I'm just a thirsty girl. Also I've been eating so much fruits and veggies and my bread (when I do eat it) is the heavy brown multi grain type.

I keep wondering whether I still need to add some type of fibre supplement to my diet.....Anyone have any advice? :oops: because it's making me feel like crap.

Slimming to multiply

Postby Slimming to multiply » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:17 pm

The last couple of weeks have been terrible for me health wise, I have been so sick with the flu - the doctor gave me a lecture when he found out I didn't get my flu shot and I work at a hospital.....in my defence I did try to get it but the day I went the people weren't there and weren't answering their pagers and I didn't get back to get it done before they stopped offering them. So anyway hence the reason why I have been so sick. So for the most part I have been eating very healthy (when I was eating) but I have moved very little.

The result being:
Last weigh in: 111.9kg
This weeks weight: 111.8kg

So I did lose 100grams but that's nothing to get too excited about. In my time out I did alot of TV watching (boring) and scrolling through the internet reading up on various things (also boring but to a lesser extent). One thing that I did alot of reading into was the whole green smoothie and raw diet idea. Whilst I think going 100% raw would really really hard to do and maintain I think lowering the amount of processed food I consume overall would be great for my overall health.

I found a 12 step plan for eating whole foods and I think it looks so realistic and achievable, I'm really interested in giving it a go. The idea is that every month you add something new to your diet whole food wise and thus eliminating other foods by craving them less. The first month is having a green smoothie for breakfast. I did this for a little while a year or so ago and I felt great and I didn't even do it everyday.. so I'm going to do this consistently and see if it helps my immune system as I feel so run-down at the moment and then I will see about the next months step, etc.

I'm looking forward to joining the real world again next week and I will have to get someone to slap me if I whine about being too busy lol.

Slimming to multiply

Postby Slimming to multiply » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:51 pm

Soooooooooooooooooo...... I have been continuing strong with my whole food journey and have been going really well. I have been seeing some really positive things occurring, many things to be exact. The only thing I haven't seen happening is weight loss, while I haven't gained weight I haven't lost it either. This part of it is really starting to annoy me! I have still been counting my calories because I didn't want to suddenly be eating too much compared to energy I've been using but my weight still hasn't budged, I don't get it. Is there like a period with this sort of food transition where your body does a hanging on thing? I have no idea.

Although I haven't seen any movement on the scale I want to note down other improvements I have experieced so that I will feel good about continuing with this because I do think it's worthwhile.

Positive changes are:

Better digestion
No bloating (even no pre period bloat)
very regular (sorry TMI)
Glowing skin
nails and hair are growing faster (nails are stronger)
more energy
increased stamina
Quality of sleep has increased
amount of sleep needed has decreased
Losing CMs

My husband:
Was diagnosed with high cholesterol and high blood pressure a few months ago. He has finally taken to having green smoothies (for breakfast) for the past couple of weeks and now his blood pressure is perfect - and the green smoothies is all he has done different to his normal diet routine.

So anyway overall I feel good but I just don't want to get sad about the non weightloss stuff and go off the rails....hopefully the weight suddenly starts dropping again :D

Slimming to multiply

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In