It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:45 am

Free Newsletter

Whats the secret?

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Whats the secret?

Postby GinaG » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:01 pm

Hey out there to all the wildly sucessful people loosing stacks of weight - good on you Katie & Slimmin Down... how are you's doing it? Do you guys ever get to eat out? I think I need somebody to be with me every minute of the day taking the food out of my mouth before my hand gets it there...
Gina
GinaG

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:51 pm

haha gina i can imagine the person by your side making sure you put the right things into your mouth :) i think everyone should have some sort of guardian like that! be it eaters, alcoholics, drug users etc etc.

i do get to have treats, like today after my weigh in this morning i popped down the shops and brought those allens pineapples i had been craving for a few days :) to be honest i dont think i enjoyed them as much as i thought i would have. i think the amount of sugar at once left me feeling pretty crook lol. i also eat out but say if my meal comes with chips and salad i will give the chips to heidi (my daughter) or someone ese who is with me. we cant really afford to eat out a lot so its pretty much a treat for us :)

the plan i am on isnt a particular plan as such but its following the low carb high protein principles. i also make sure i drink at least 2 litres of water a day. its a must! i also have some walk away the pounds dvds and i have been doing some light weights with items from around my house. i dont stress though if i dont get exercise in i aim for about 30-60 mins 3 times a week. but as long as i carry on with my eating im fine. i eat lots of salads - i love them. i also dont have dressings on my salads because i HATE dressing lol.

but different things work for different people. some weeks i havent had big losses but i think any loss brings me closer to my goal so that makes me happy :) as ive sometimes mentioned on the forum and kim has too, you one day have this light bulb or something in your head telling you to do something about your weight from that day on! and it hit me like lightening one day. so from then on ive learnt to say the 'n' word 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO' to things. if i say 'oh ill ahve a little bit of this or a piece of that' it ends being the whole lot and i think 'what the hell might as well give up' so by saying 'no' first off then i know i cant be tempted.
sorry about the whole saga ive just written! lol but really theres no tricks to it. you need to just find what works for you!!
kate_turner2000

Postby GinaG » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:58 pm

Thanks Kate for always responding :D You seem like such a warm, vibrant person - I'm very happy for you that you're so close to achieving your goal weight :P WELL DONE!
Gina
GinaG

Postby slimmindown » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:36 pm

Hey Gina, For me it is perservence and planning.
I pretty much plan in advance every meal sometimes the day before or at least that morning. This for me leaves the least amount of room for error, like snacking on the wrong things or having something fast and full of calories because I didnt plan.

I also count weight watchers points, I dont attend the meetings, though I did many many years ago. I purchased the current points books and calculator out of the weight watchers mag..

I also am pretty hard on myself when it comes to exercise and following through with planned routine. I'm currently going to curves 3 times a week(a fitness centre that does hydraulic circuit work) I swim for 2 hrs twice a week and also walk when I can usually for 45-60 mins.

At the moment this is working for me, it took a while for me to work up to ding the amount of exercise I'm doing as a had a back injury about 3 months ago and had to just follow a diet plan, lucky for me I still managed to loose a few kilo during this time too.

I have cut out pretty much all junk food,I may have chocolate once every couple of months. Funnily enough I dont crave it anymore. :shock: , soft drink and white bread. And like Kate drink 2 litres of water a day.

Something different seems to work for each individual, the trick is to find what it is for you.
hope this helps a little gina.

I like you love to read about how people achieve their weight loss.. :D :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby slimmindown » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:38 pm

I got a bit ahead of myself with the exercise Gina, I only swim for 1 hr twice a week :oops:

boy i scared myself with that one :shock:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Return to Weekly Weigh In