It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:13 pm

Free Newsletter

Memphis weight loss challenge

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Memphis weight loss challenge

Postby memphisrose10 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:34 pm

Im an emotional eater so over the years ive put on so much weight on ive never been thin and now its a matter of life and death.
i currently weigh in at 102.9kgs
my goal is 62Kgs
memphisrose10

Re: Memphis weight loss challenge

Postby memphisrose10 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:49 pm

Wednesday 31st august.

KInda drifted away.. so hard to get started but im motivated..

well since the 24th august i have lost 4.2Kgs

SW- 102.2Kgs
CW- 98kgs

NEXT MINI GOAL - 95kgs
OVERALL GOAL- 62kgs
Total weight loss goal of 40Kgs.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKV8BpP/]
[/url]
memphisrose10

Postby Grapefruit » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:59 pm

Well done on a fantastic first week weight loss, that is incredible, well done you, you should be so proud of yourself!

I have been in therapy for a few years now and one of the things I have battled with is emotional eating. For most of my life I would go through massive binge eating where I would stack on 10-15kgs in a very short space of time, then I would starve myself and other patterns of bulimia. Learning to love myself no matter what (trust me, it has been a very hard road and I could write a book on it now I think) has been the key. Another great tool my therapist has me do is when I feel the need for a binge (so long as it is not due to being over hungry or depriving myself) is to close my eyes in a quiet room and gently ask myself why I want to eat. The key is to not think about it but trust the first thing that comes to your mind. For me it is usually worry, fear, stress about something in my life. It could be my job, a relationship, something I need to do that I am afraid of doing etc. Once you have realised the reason, try and either come up with a solution or talk yourself through it and ALWAYS being kind to yourself. Almost speaking to yourself like you would a small child. None of this tough love crap. Has worked very well for me. In 5 months of eating well and exercising to look after my body I have not once had a big binge though I have not unrealistically restricted myself either. In the past with any sort of weight loss plan I would go hell for leather during the week and overdo it with exercise and restricting my calories then on a Saturday or Sunday I would absolutely gorge myself stupid and that is NOT healthy.

The other thing that I have found good in terms of wanting to look after yourself is each meal you eat ask yourself that if you had a child that you were preparing a meal or snack for, is this something you would like to nourish your child with.

Keep going, you're doing great :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbbRGId/]
[/url]
Grapefruit

Postby memphisrose10 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:16 pm

hi grapefruit.

My therapist also taught me similar tricks but they dont seem to work for me.
i eat when im happy and when im depressed. the only time i dont is when im bored. its really fustrating. its not a sense in i can just close my eyes & give it some thought (although in the past it worked) its im now addicted to sugars and it makes it so much harder.
i feel like im comming of drugs
[/url]
memphisrose10

Postby longtobeskinny » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:00 pm

I am a very big emotional eater. if i'm upset i'll just eat and eat and eat. breakfast lunch and dinner.

Its hard but you can do it! we can do it!
longtobeskinny

Postby memphisrose10 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:16 pm

Week 2. and this week ive seen no change. just alot of changes in my skin and over all glow from the amount of water i have been drinking. and the break outs because of all the bad toxins leaving my body.
i feel better and less stressed even if no change.
how ever im using ultra slim now because they taste like a chocolate milkshake but not so it fools my body.
and on monday i start with my personal trainer so should all be getting better from here. ill post a pic soon so can see the comparisson
[/url]
memphisrose10

Postby Grapefruit » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:02 pm

That's wonderful news about the changes in your skin and that you're starting with a PT next week, you go woman!!! I would not at all be concerned about no scale change this week, especially since your first loss was so massive. Well done :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbbRGId/]
[/url]
Grapefruit

Return to Weekly Weigh In