It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:03 am

Free Newsletter

Another Duromine kick starter

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Another Duromine kick starter

Postby longtobeskinny » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:32 pm

Well, 1.5 years ago i started a diet where all i would eat was fruit, vege, meat, nuts and seafood. I'd have my metagenics shake and after 3 or 4 months i went from 95 down to 69. worked awesome! When we renovated our house and moved 12hrs away we both fell off the wagon and i've failed to get back on, returning to 86kg.

Today is the first day I've started on duromine, to kick start the weight loss. I'm on 30mg and haven't really felt anything yet. Still feel like going for a midday nap which i will, but will probably power on all night.

My goal is to lose as much as i can, in a healthy way but the start of November where i'm seeing all my family for my granny's 80th. thats just under 2 months, so hopefully i can lose 16kg.

So, today is day one. I had a bacon and egg mcmuffin for breaky as we were out, but got it without cheese. I've had lots of water and 1 can of diet coke.

I am going to have an orange for lunch, and for dinner we're having roast pork and veges. I plan on going for a 30min walk this arv, and will probably weigh myself on day 3.
longtobeskinny

Re: Another Duromine kick starter

Postby Leesa » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:27 pm

I used Duromine for a few months, only lost about 5kg but had to stop as I could not afford them and put it all back on plus more! I have just signed up today! I am over 100kgs and have finally decided to do something about it! Have tried diets before but have not got the will power to stick with it! Fingers crossed this time I can get through the first month!! Good luck to you!! :)
Leesa

Postby longtobeskinny » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:51 pm

Thanks leesa. I just joined up too. Today is day one! We can do it!
longtobeskinny

Postby longtobeskinny » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:10 pm

Ok. So yesterday was day 1 of my new diet, and my new life.

I had the duromine at 8:3am and didn't really feel any effect except for a dry mouth. I didn't really have an increase in energy but was very restless when it came time for bed.

I ate quite well. For breakfast i had a bacon and roll only because we were in a rush and i needed to eat something. Lunch was an orange and a banana, and for dinner was roast pork and a slice of garlic bread.

I went for a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood.

So i'm half way through day two and still no extra energy. For breakfast I had a banana and a small handful of almonds. I plan on having some prawns for lunch. I went for a walk this morning. 30 minutes again and was roughly just over 2kms.

This afternoon i plan on cleaning the house. Fingers crossed i have a good day. Will check back in tomorrow
longtobeskinny

Postby newmee » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:28 pm

Hi all,
I'm a 36 yr old mum of 4 & for many years my weight has fluctuated much to my dismay! About 4 yrs ago I underwent a tummy tuck & Lipo, my weight was 64kgs. Some may say thats not much but I'm a tiny 4ft9! I wasn't entirely happy after the operation so I decided to try Reductil, the results were fantastic. Except that I suffered a mild stroke, not too sure if it was due to the weightloss pills, but apparently it has been linked. I have since recovered from that. Unfortunately now 4 yrs later I've put the weight back on, my ideal weight is between 50-55kgs. I have since found out that Reductil has been taken off the market due to patients having heart attacks & strokes!
Today I was prescribed Duromine 40mg, I don't know too much about it but hope to lose at least 20kgs!
Can anyone tell me how fast the results may be as I had a very overweight friend on Duromine & it made no difference to her weight. :D
newmee

Return to Weekly Weigh In