It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Help! Weight GAIN!

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Help! Weight GAIN!

Postby Maddy's Mum » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:08 am

I have just done my second weekly weigh in and I have GAINED 300gms! How can this be? I have stuck rigidly to Calorie King and for the first 3 days of this week I have done extra exercise - I even did a 2 hour bike ride yesterday (was supposed to be 45 minutes but it was a nice day......and I got a bit lost! :oops: ) so every day I have been doing 45 minutes walking and then the last 3 days it has been over 1 1/2 hours exercise at least? What's gone wrong? Need motivation before I fall off the wagon! :(
SW: 71kg
W1: 68.7kg
W2: 69kg
W3: 67.9kg
W4: 67.6kg
W5: 66.6kg
MGW: 67kg ACHEIVED!! 6th October 2011 :)
W6: 66.0kg
W7: 65.1kg
W8: 65.1kg
W9: 65.4kg
W10: 64.7kg
GW:63kg

Maddy's Mum

Re: Help! Weight GAIN!

Postby Skylla » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:18 am

Ok...don't panic. It's just a small hiccup...2 kgs in the first week (is that right?) is amazing. Perhaps some of it was just a fluid loss though and now this week may be a better reflection of true fat loss.

If you keep doing what you've been doing the weight has to come off. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water so there's no fluid retention. Also check there's no hidden salt in any of the foods you're eating.

Chin up and chest out, we're in this together, the dog loves you and needs a walk. Oh, and by the way....you're skinnier than you were two weeks ago. :wink:
SW: 81 kgs
W1: 80.2 kgs
W2: 79.7 kgs
W3: 79.2 kgs
mini GW1: 75 kgs
mini GW2: 71 kgs
GW: 69 kgs

Skylla

Postby Grapefruit » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:24 pm

MM I know it's hard but PLEASE don't be discouraged. For now you will need to be motivated by all the other positive changes you're feeling such as pride in the changes you have made to your life, extra energy, getting fit etc.

If you're about to have your period or have your period then I would almost guarantee this is the reason, ovulation can also cause minor weight gain. Stick it out till weigh in next week and i'm sure you will see a change on the scales.

As Skylla said, you're doing all of the right things so the weight WILL come off. Also, how many calories are you eating? Eating too few calories can really inhibit weight loss.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbbRGId/]
[/url]
Grapefruit

Postby Maddy's Mum » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:45 pm

THANK YOU BOTH!! I feel alot better now - I am thinking rationally now (unlike when I stepped off the scales!) and I am sure that it is either hormonal or something to do with fluid retention. You know what it's like - you work really hard for something, don't get what you expect and think about throwing in the towel but.....I am NOT going to give in - I've come this far - made some great changes in my lifestyle and I would like to see this through - onwards and upwards (or downwards weight wise!).

Truly - thanks so much for the words of encouragment and support - it really helps.......stay tuned! :)
SW: 71kg
W1: 68.7kg
W2: 69kg
W3: 67.9kg
W4: 67.6kg
W5: 66.6kg
MGW: 67kg ACHEIVED!! 6th October 2011 :)
W6: 66.0kg
W7: 65.1kg
W8: 65.1kg
W9: 65.4kg
W10: 64.7kg
GW:63kg

Maddy's Mum

Postby Grapefruit » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:20 am

Also, as it is likely a hormonal/fluid thing, good news is you should have a good loss next week which I look very forward to hearing about :D

Do you feel bloated? You know how somedays you feel lighter and others you just feel bloated and heavy? I always 'feel' I know if I will have a loss or gain just by that light V bloated feeling.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbbRGId/]
[/url]
Grapefruit

Postby Metalcharm » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:59 pm

Some days you're the bug and somedays you're the windscreen.

So long as you know that you've done all the right things .. eaten right, exercised lots, drank lots of water ... and all that then that is all you can do. SOmetimes your efforts might not show up on the scales but the will be there in your changing body.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Return to Weekly Weigh In