It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:19 am

Free Newsletter

Jo's Weekly Weigh In

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jo's Weekly Weigh In

Postby jharre01 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:56 am

Hi Everyone,

I have been inspired by my friend Lauren to join this forum, like everyone here, to loose weight.

I currently weigh 74.1 and I am a bit of a yo yo dieter. I was 81kg when I left Uni, dropped to 71kg.. added a few... then lost a few again, but am now slowly creaping back up..

My goal weight is 68kg to start with.

I think by signing up to this forum and weighing in every week it will help me get to my goal!!

So here we go :)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsZK2GO/]
[/url]
jharre01

Re: Jo's Weekly Weigh In

Postby lmelro01 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:08 am

Yay!!! Good on you!
I can't believe we were such fatties at uni! It was like we didn't even care or didn't even notice how the weight was piling on! Im not sure you remember this day but it was the day I finally realised how much fatter I got.... We had gone lingerie shopping and I just presumed I was a size 12 like I always had been (and being me I never try censored on).. so then we get home and I go off to try on my new G and like, the string pretty much disappears into the layers of fat!! Haha, pretty sure I ran to your room and had a mass freak-out!

Definitely not going there again!! :D
SW= 67.2
GW= 60
W1= 66.5
W2= 66.0
W3= 65.9
W4= 65.5
W5= 65.7 :(
lmelro01

Postby jharre01 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:15 am

This time we both better stick to it :)

I dont want to see any photos of us together with me looking like i have a double chin or i am pregnant!

I really dont remember that day! But I'm sure the G didnt disappear into your layers of fat - LMAO!!

I realized at uni when I saw a photo of myself looking massive.. and then buying clothes which were bigger than normal :(

Yet I still put weight on now?

The dietician said that I cant afford to put anymore weight on cause I am already 'overweight' according to the BMI Index... also cause I now struggle to do up my work pants and i feel the fat on my ass wobble when I walk!

No fat b*tch cake or maccas!!

[/url]
jharre01

Postby annaham » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:23 pm

lmelro01 wrote:Yay!!! Good on you!
I can't believe we were such fatties at uni! It was like we didn't even care or didn't even notice how the weight was piling on! Im not sure you remember this day but it was the day I finally realised how much fatter I got.... We had gone lingerie shopping and I just presumed I was a size 12 like I always had been (and being me I never try censored on).. so then we get home and I go off to try on my new G and like, the string pretty much disappears into the layers of fat!! Haha, pretty sure I ran to your room and had a mass freak-out!

Definitely not going there again!! :D

Hahaha lmelro01, your post made me laugh!
I refused to try clothes on after I had my son late last year, because I didn't want to be a size 16, so if I didn't try anything on it wouldn't be happening to me...

Week 1 to 10: -5.6kg

Week 11: -0.2kg
Week 12: -0.1kg
Week 13: -0.6kg
Week 14: -0.5kg
Week 15: +0.1kg
annaham

Postby jharre01 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:45 am

My first weigh in didnt go as well as I hoped.

I lost 200grams!! What the?

I have been eating pretty well. Trying to keep under my 1200 calories a day (which mind you is freakin hard!!), plus i have been walking everyday day, somedays 2 times!

..... and all I have lost is 200grams...

I think reading everyones posts saying they have lost 1-4kgs each week made me think I would lose the same!

But I guess any weight loss is a step in the right direction.

Will have to stay motivated! - Jeez its hard!!

jharre01

Postby lmelro01 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:03 pm

Shut up! You lost twice as much as me this week! Haha! Yeah I really dont quite understand where we went wrong! I could have done a bit more exercise I admit but racing around the Emergency Department all day is bloody tiring!
Chin up, any loss is a good loss!! :D
SW= 67.2
GW= 60
W1= 66.5
W2= 66.0
W3= 65.9
W4= 65.5
W5= 65.7 :(
lmelro01

Postby jharre01 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:16 am

Well its week 2 and I have to say after today I am feeling a little more motivated.

I lost 800grams this week. Not a huge amount but in 2 weeks I have lost 1 KG!!! YAY!!

Its coming off slowly, but I am getting there.

I think I could have done a little better.. I went out for the grandfinal so that was a little splurge.

I also have been studying and you always need something to snack on when you study.. :) then again, i didnt snack just kept having chai lattes!! (my weakness).

Hopefully next week I can break into the 72kg range... thats my mini goal for the week!!

My bikni body is somewhere in the future :)

[/url]

SW: 74.1
GW: 68
W1: 73.9
W2: 73.1
jharre01

Postby jharre01 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:43 am

This week was just depressing!

Yesterday was weigh day and I gained 900grams!! :(

I dont know what happened. I mean I was walking everyday and I think I was eating fairly well.. but then I gained weight?!?!

I think maybe my portions were a bit to big.

But head up! I went to the gym last night and absoluetly gave myself a flogging!

I am going to keep under my 1200 calorie limit, and I am going to up the time at the gym!

Summer is just around the corner and I want to be down to 70kg by Christmas.. That gives me 4 kg to lose in about 10 weeks!!

That is very possible! I just need to keep positive and watch what Im eating and encourage myself to go to the gym!

Back on the Wagon :D

[/url]

GW: 68.0
W3: 74.0 :(
jharre01

Postby jharre01 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:13 am

This week was better than last. I actually lost something rather than gained.

I only lost 400g but I am still happy with that. Its going down slowly and thats all i can hope for!

I have been eating fairly well and exercising everyday even if its a 30min walk with the dog!

My partner has been really supportive this week - he only found out over the weekend that I was doing this and since then has been encouraging me! It really helps when there is someone supportive at home.

I'm heading back to Canberra this weekend to see my new nephew! Im scared though... I am flying up tomorrow but Sunday will be the ultimate test as I am driving back!! To Melbourne!!

What do I eat on the way back? I know my sister will want to have McD's of KFC (and she is one of the naturally skinny people!!) so its easy for her! There is soo much temptation, but I am trying to lose weight and I know I will be soo frustrated if I go backwards again!!!

Any suggestions?!?!

[/url]

W4: 73.7
jharre01

Postby Metalcharm » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:28 am

Pack your own food for the car! Make a sandwich or a salad even and have some grapes or other non-messy fruits to go with :D

You say you try to stay under 1200 calories a day ... that could be too few for you. If you're very active through the day and going to the gym then you'll need more fuel so your body doesn't think you're trying to starve it. When I'm losing I have a 1200 calorie NETT so I might eat 1700 cal a day and do 500 cal exercise to make the goal.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby jharre01 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:45 pm

Metal Charm - Thank you so much for your advice! I did pack some fruit in the car which I ate, however I did get some nuggets at McDonalds... I could have done worse I think. So I have taken on your advice about eating more than 1200 calories as long as I go to the gym.. Hopefully my body wont starve itself and actually starting eat all my fat :D haha.

Well i jumped on the scales this morning and I weight 73.0 kg. That is a loss of 0.7 so I am pretty happy with that. I think over the weekend being back home and having all the temptations around made me lose that motivation. When I jumped on the scales this morning I was dreading the result but to see a loss made me happy.

Obviously I am doing something right and heading in the right direction. I need to keep motivated.. but its soo hard! I just got to picture myself in that bikini!!!

I am giving myself 8 weeks to lose 5kg!! Got to get cracking!

[/url]

W5: 73.0
jharre01

Postby jharre01 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:01 am

I didnt check in last week - I wasnt proud of my efforts and weight, but I was 73.4 last week.

Today I jumped on the scales and to my amazement I was 71.4!! I was in shock and thought my scales were lying. But I jumped on again and the same weight came up!

I have been eating very well this past week. Eatiung smaller portions and healthy food.

On the weekend I also did a massive walk - but uphill!!

I want to make sure that weight doesnt come back on so I am off to the gym tonight! And hopefully every other night!!

I only have 3.4kg to go!! But i know thats quite a bit!!

Still motivated which is the main thing!!

[/url]

[b]GW: 68.0[/b
]W1: 73.9
W3: 74.0
W5: 73.0
W6: 73.4
W7: 71.4 :)
jharre01