It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:25 pm

Free Newsletter

Closer to target........

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Closer to target........

Postby Maddy's Mum » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:44 am

It feels like it has been a slow process but, actually it's only been 6 weeks however, I have hung in there and I am now 66kgs precisely! I am very pleased with myself as it's only 600gms this week but, I am now only 3kgs exactly off my goal and I need to really put my head down for the final push - it is becoming too easy at the moment to stray food wise or just give the exercise a miss for one day.

MUST keep focused! It is now starting to hot up here in the West so I need to keep my eye on my bathers and remeber I don't ant any additional flesh squeezing over the side of them! :shock:

Does anyone else get friends, family and colleagues telling them that they have "lost enough weight" and you "don't need to loose any more" ? It is very frustrating as I am not going to move into an eating disorder - I just want to be happy with my weight and body! I would like to be a really healthy BMI and a size 10 in clothes - is that unreasonable? :roll:

I now need a little more support and motivation - more than ever - I would love to be at goal by Christmas! 8)
SW: 71kg
W1: 68.7kg
W2: 69kg
W3: 67.9kg
W4: 67.6kg
W5: 66.6kg
MGW: 67kg ACHEIVED!! 6th October 2011 :)
W6: 66.0kg
W7: 65.1kg
W8: 65.1kg
W9: 65.4kg
W10: 64.7kg
GW:63kg

Maddy's Mum

Re: Closer to target........

Postby lmelro01 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:22 am

We pretty much have the same goal! Im finding it such a hard slog to shift these last few kgs, its just coming off so slowly! But to have a healthy BMI and to fit in a size 10 is where I'd love to be! Even bought a pair of size 10 denim shorts as my "goal"! Good luck!
SW= 67.2
GW= 60
W1= 66.5
W2= 66.0
W3= 65.9
W4= 65.5
W5= 65.7 :(
lmelro01

Postby Maddy's Mum » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:57 am

Yes - it seems that we are very similar.

My problem area is my legs - I am walking every day for 45 minutes with the dog (early mornings) and I do 1 hour of Zumba per week - but, at the wrong side of 40 I don't think that I will ever wear a pair of denim shorts again - however, i do have my size 10 skinny jeans hanging behind my door as a reminder of what I will be wearing once this is all done! I have done all of this before but, never set myself a goal this low so I am really hoping that the weight will still keep slipping off although I fully accept that it will start slowing down now :roll:

You look as though you are rocking along despite a slight (and I emphasise slight) increase this week.....often it is hormonal or water retention (certainly is with me) but I know how frustrating it can be when you are working so hard towards your goal.

Anyway - I can now say that I "only" have 3kgs to loose so I will press on despite all around me telling me that I don't need to loose any more weight etc etc. I sometimes feel that they are jealous rather than supportive but, that is probably just paranoia?

Good luck to you too - let's see how we go over the next few weeks..........

Maddy's Mum

Postby Metalcharm » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:50 pm

Maddy's Mum wrote:
Does anyone else get friends, family and colleagues telling them that they have "lost enough weight" and you "don't need to loose any more" ? It is very frustrating as I am not going to move into an eating disorder - I just want to be happy with my weight and body! I would like to be a really healthy BMI and a size 10 in clothes - is that unreasonable? :roll:

I now need a little more support and motivation - more than ever - I would love to be at goal by Christmas! 8)

I hear ya!
You know what really really REALLY annoys me is my MIL who was forever making jabs about being overweight is now the main one saying that I've lost enough. LOL She really is lucky to be alive some days.

There are others that say the same thing. It's only because it's a drastic change from what they're used to. In reality I am only just in the ideal weight range and could still lose 8kg and be in the right range. (although You're right .. it's not them you (we!) are doing it for but for ourselves and it's good to have a goal to strive towards to keep us motivated.

Good luck!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby Maddy's Mum » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:42 am

Thanks Metalcharm - I'm glad it's not just me! I am only looking to looses another 3kgs - I am over 40 for goodness sake and I think that I am capable of making sensible decisions for myself! I have it from all sides - my Mum, my husband and all of my work colleagues! I just wish that they would butt out and let me go until I'm happy - I havn't been under 10 stone (64kgs) for over 10 years and I just want to see if I can do it!

Good luck to you also as I know from my previous marriage how hard it is to have a MIL like that! :evil:

:D

Maddy's Mum

Return to Weekly Weigh In