Wednesday weigh in 'Let it Shine'

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Wednesday weigh in 'Let it Shine'

Postby let it shine » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:55 pm

Height: 157cm
Weight: 75kg
Waist measurement: 86.6cm

I rode my bike to the shop, in spite the rain being a potential excuse not to, to buy scales and a tape measure. My guesses were wrong. I weigh less than I thought but am also shorter than I thought, so my thought that I would probably be 15-20kg off my middle healthy weight was pretty accurate. Ialso need to lose at least 6.6cm from my waist to be considered in the healthy range.

So now I am off to set my goals and write the first phase of my lifestyle change under 'My pledge'.

Good luck everyone!
let it shine

Re: Wednesday weigh in 'Let it Shine'

Postby let it shine » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:56 am

Week 2
Weight: 72 kg

A loss of 3 kg is not what I expected. I got back on 3 times and triple checked the calibration of my scales. I thought maybe half a kg at best. Mind you, the sun came out and absolutely blared the moment I left on my 13KM km round bicycle trip, so I reckon that it 2.5kg there!
let it shine

Postby Mayden » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:22 pm

Congratulations!! what a great weight loss, well done.
Goals
30th April 77 Kilos I am so determined to get to this goal
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Postby SugarandSpice » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:13 am

WooHoo!!

Such an excellent result - keep up the great work!! :D
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Postby let it shine » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:30 pm

Thanks guys.
let it shine

Postby let it shine » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:32 pm

71 kg!

Another kilo gone. I am much more comfortable with that amount of weight loss because I am not on any 'lose weight fast' plan, just making better choices.

:D
let it shine

Postby let it shine » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:31 am

71 kg, no change.

I'm not surprised at that. I had a very bad and stressful week. With all the stress and lack of time for food shopping, I went back to old habbits once or twice ... too busy to eat all day until the afternoon/evening and then when I realise it is 5 o'clock and I've only had 2 cups of coffee and water all day, I was on a race to feel full so shoved whatever in my mouth instead of making sure I was getting my fill of veg, protein, calcium etc etc.

I had a bike accident and killed my bike last Wednesday and my replacement, on order, was due Monday or Tuesday but the stores shipment didn't arrive so I am still waiting. I walked 30km on Saturday and commonly walk close to 10km most days. My water intake was good 5 of the 7 days. Unfortunately, I got my wake up call yesterday when I walked so much in the heat and drank so little water that I got a dose of heat exhaustion and dehydration ... cramping legs, distorted vision, mild confusion and so weak I collapsed in the supermarket (I really needed to buy some fresh food!) in the evening :oops:

So this week was lessons about basically caring for myself ... here is what I've done ....

I have a picture of breakfast and water bottle on the back of the door so I won't leave the house without either. I have saved a 'standard' shopping list on a supermarket online shopping site so if I get too busy I will just be able to bring that up and pick a delivery time and make payment. I invested in individually packaged (I usually avoid this for environmental reasons) nut mixes to keep in my bag. That way, even if I don't have time to pack one in the morning, it is already there. I have enrolled my children in some of the healthy eating plans practical tasks ... e.g. filling up water bottles and returning them to the fridge, topping up the vegie containing, serving a 'milk foods' afternoon tea to everyone INCLUDING mum.

Hopefully this will be a better week :)
let it shine

Postby let it shine » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:42 pm

I'm not weighing in today as I am sticking to only once a week weigh ins but am changing to Monday as I've joined the 10kg in 10 week challenge. However, I thought I'd add the two bits of news ...
1) After a continually delayed arrival date, my new bike was finally ready for me to pick up from the store this morning, so I've had a couple of test rides and am back to my 13km return daily trip as of tomorrow. Yippee!!! Far easier to get motivated and my heart rate gets much higher for much longer on the bike than other 'exercise.'
2) As I am not weighing in, I did my 1st updated waist measurement today. 85.4 I've lost 12mm off my waist. WOOHOO!

Good luck all!
let it shine

Postby breakingfree » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:22 pm

Well done on mm lost! Woot woot! Enjoy riding! Xx
SW 95.6 Started 8 Feb 2012 GW 65kgs by September 2012
CW 87.2 At Wednesday 27 Feb Weigh In
Week 1- 3.6kgs loss.
Week 2- 2kgs loss.
Week 3- 2.8kgs loss.
breakingfree

Return to Weekly Weigh In