It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:51 pm

Free Newsletter

Weighing in AGAIN

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Weighing in AGAIN

Postby bestinred » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:08 pm

Weighing in AGAIN! I was here a year ago, weighing in each week and watching the weight fall off. Slowly, but I was losing. I went from 84.1 to 74.5 over about 4 months. I was so happy! Then I plateaued for about a month and I was getting a bit down. I was also getting a bit down that nobody had noticed the almost 10kg I had lost, I had not one comment on my weight. Had a few other things go wrong in my life around the same time and just gave up and started eating again. And eating, and eating... and 6 months later I was back to 84kg... So I've started trying to lose it again. Have lost 2.3kg in the past 6 weeks, which brings me down to 81.7kg.

I haven't been sticking to my plan all that well... I'm a student and I've had exams, but it's not really an excuse. But I'm motivated and ready to stick to it 100%!! I bought an elliptical the other day and have been doing 15-20 minutes on it morning and night. This is as well as walking my dogs for 30-45 minutes each day. This time I want to tone up, not just lose the weight!

I'm in no rush. I'd like to lose about 1 kg a week but if it doesn't happen it's ok. As long as I don't gain, and I know that I've stuck to my diet and exercise. I just want to be healthy! My goal is 58kg (agreed upon by my Dr also). I'm 26 years old.

Tonight I'm going to a friend's party and will be drinking a bit. So I'm adding in another elliptical workout this afternoon before I go (I've already done 20 minutes of elliptical and a 40 minute walk with the dogs, I'm about to do another 15-20minutes on the elliptical then again before I leave tonight). I'm also making sure I eat a good meal before I go out to make sure I'm not tempted by party food, and I'm not planning on drinking too much. Usually on days I know I'll be drinking I just give up and eat crap!

I'll be weighing in here weekly so watch this space!

Ultimate Goal = 58kg!!
bestinred

Re: Weighing in AGAIN

Postby bestinred » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:08 pm

Lost 800g this week!! Bringing me down to 80.9kg!

I'm very happy with that considering 3 days this week I did no exercise AT ALL! And I went over my calorie limit a couple of days... I need to be stronger around other people offering me food!

Hoping for 1kg loss this week!

Ultimate Goal = 58kg!!
bestinred

Postby UnknownUser15 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:13 pm

bestinred wrote:Lost 800g this week!! Bringing me down to 80.9kg!

I'm very happy with that considering 3 days this week I did no exercise AT ALL! And I went over my calorie limit a couple of days... I need to be stronger around other people offering me food!

Hoping for 1kg loss this week!

The weeks when you slack off AND still lose weight are the best, aren't they? :) Well done!
UnknownUser15

Postby Metalcharm » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:34 pm

Good luck!
Looks like you've got a good start.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby bestinred » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:03 pm

I've gained :(

82.5kg this morning.

Hoping it's not true because I haven't done badly at all. I injured my knee (an old injury - just re-injured really) a week ago so haven't really done alot of exercise. But I still have been going for slow walks with my dogs each day for about 15-20 minutes so it's better than nothing. And I've been eating pretty well. Haven't gone over my daily calories at all!

Just so discouraging to see a weight gain on the scales. Going to try the elliptical again tonight and see if my knee feels ok!

Ultimate Goal = 58kg!!
bestinred

Postby Metalcharm » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:51 pm

I know it's easier said than done but don't take too much notice of the scales - if you didn't go over your calories and were and have still been active then it's probably down to something else like water retention (did you have a very salty meal or similar?). Or maybe your scales were having a bad day. To put on 1.5 kilos of FAT you need to have consumed an extra 10,000 calories + (one kilo is 7000 ish calories) so you know you haven't done that so chin up! You're doing the right things :D
Metalcharm

Postby bestinred » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:26 pm

I still haven't lost anything. I'm still sitting at 82.5. I'm eating really well - 1300-1500 cals a day but I still can't exercise as much as I'd like because of my knee. Just walking (slowly) for about 20 minutes most days. I know the lack of exercise will be contributing to the lack of weight loss but I thought if I ate right I'd still see a slight loss.I hate this feeling, it's so discouraging and makes me want to just give up.

On the up side my knee is improving and I think I should be able to start more exercise soon. Hoping for next week, but I want to see the doctor about it first.

I just don't understand and it all seems a bit unfair :(

Ultimate Goal = 58kg!!
bestinred

Postby bestinred » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:39 pm

Weighed in at 81kg this morning! I lost 1.5kg this week!! I don't know what was making my body hold on to that weight because I haven't really done anything different this week but it suddenly just decided to lose weight! Pretty happy :D

Aiming for another kilo loss next week and I'll be in the 70's before I know it!!

Ultimate Goal = 58kg!!
bestinred

Postby admin » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:31 pm

Fantastic.....good luck for next week

From the team at weightloss.com.au
admin
Site Admin

Postby bestinred » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:18 am

Back again... Fell completely off the wagon all over again and got right back up to 84kg. Have managed to lose 3.2kg in the past 3 weeks though (1.7kg just this week!) and am now down to 80.8kg. :D Feeling so good and so so motivated right now. Eating around 1400 calories a day (calorieking estimated that I should eat 1450) and trying to exercise off another 100-200 calories a day.

Hoping to lose another 1.5kg this week. Wish me luck!!!!

Ultimate Goal = 58kg!!
bestinred

Postby Metalcharm » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:38 pm

Good luck :D

It's good to see you jumping on the wagon again .. it's the best palce to be.
Metalcharm

Return to Weekly Weigh In