It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:03 am

Free Newsletter

ThinLizzy's Weigh In

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

ThinLizzy's Weigh In

Postby ThinLizzy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:15 pm

My first weigh in. I'm new so have just introduced myself in the introduction thread - am determined to start today! Now!

I currently weigh 75kgs, and want to get down to 60, which will be within a healthy BMI range for me. At the moment considering my short height, I am heading rapidly toward obesity and am really beginning to feel the more serious health problems associated with that. I'm aiming to lose 500g to 1kg per week... give or take :)

I will update every Sunday... and I'll keep the wise words of Yoda in my head: Do or not do... there is no try! Maybe a bit hard on myself but at this point as I explain in my introduction it is a matter of sink (literally) or swim.

ThinLizzy

Re: ThinLizzy's Weigh In

Postby Scout » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:18 pm

Good luck! :)
Scout

Postby ThinLizzy » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:17 am

Scout wrote:Good luck! :)

Thanks Scout!
ThinLizzy

Postby ThinLizzy » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:33 am

Ok, so I am now 74.2kg from 75, which is great! I ate pretty healthily (minus a 3 course French dinner with so much butter and cream!) But I went to splendour in the grass for three days, and must have walked a zillion k's, plus hours of jumping up and down... I'm sure that helped!

ThinLizzy

Postby ThinLizzy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:22 pm

Yay!

I am 73.8 today, and I have to admit I feel lucky because it has been a sloppy week. I have only done yoga ONCE, and today I went on a short bushwalk but that is it. I think my healthy diet has a lot to do with it as I enjoy healthy food - but for the most part I haven't been gorging myself because I am working on dealing with my feelings in a healthy way, instead of eating away the pain.

I really want to be a bit more active this week though, because I need to be fitter and stronger and I have SO MUCH trouble with exercise. i really don't enjoy it for some reason. Need to work on that!

ThinLizzy

Postby ThinLizzy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:24 pm

I feel terrible. I have put on weight, so now I weight more than when I started. This is so upsetting. Besides doing no exercise, I was sick for a few days then a collegue at work lost her temper at me, and I spiralled into eating again. Just sitting in front of the tv and eating.

So now I am 75.4 kilos.

I have a counselling session this week. Being too sensitive is problem because I eat to numb the pain. But I'm aware of it and am working on it.

This week will be a better week. Just got to get back on the horse!

ThinLizzy

Postby ThinLizzy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:22 pm

Posting this a few days late, though i did weigh myself on the Sunday. 73.2 kg! Am a bit embarrassed about myself because I didn't really do anything, in fact at the moment I have been really slack both food and exercise-wise.

I need to pull myself together. I am going to Thailand in a couple of months for a break and to see family, and I don't want to be ripped to shreds (again) about my weight. It's not that they are nasty, but they just state observations, and I don't like seeing someone after a long time and them saying "So fat!". but compared to the Thais I am! And considering the ind of work I did there 12 years ago no wonder I startle them. Grrr. Get it together!

ThinLizzy

Return to Weekly Weigh In