It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:44 pm

Free Newsletter

Emmas Weigh In

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Emmas Weigh In

Postby AboutTime » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:11 pm

I am not really looking forward to weigh in this sunday coming.. i had a really busy week and i only walked 1 hour so far. I intend to walk tomorrow and then saturday i have my cousins birthday bbq. I really need to just stick to salad a palm size of meat. I wont be suprised if i am the same weight, which i suppose is still good. I went out for lunch also today has chinese ( yum cha )....This week hasnt been the best but thats ok.. I am still determined to melt this fat off haha..

Blessings
Em
:D
SW : 150 kilos
CW : 131 kilos
GW : 70 kilos
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:08 pm

Em

It's never over until the fat lady...weighs in...skinner! :lol:

But seriously you never know what it will end up being. The other night I was very ill so I didn't expect a good weigh in but I held my own from the day before. Next day I weighted 0.3 heavier but yesterday I weighed one kilo less and I did nothing much different than the other days. This morning I expected to weigh about the same because generally after a kilo loss my body takes time to settle yet today I lost another 0.6 - and this comes after a fortnight of trying to get a kilo lower (admittedly I did try very hard). So you can see you never know where it will end up.

Just do what you can do. Minimise the damage. You've got a few days to catch it up - so work them.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:54 pm

every 20 kilos i lose im going to pamper myself big time.. So today i got a colour and cut.. considering i reached my first goal last week...next pamper will be a pedicure and manicure.... this is fun fun fun :lol:

weigh in in 2 days..... i wonder how it will go..... haha :roll:
AboutTime

Postby AboutTime » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:09 am

not much to say... i put on 1.6 kilos this week.. i didnt exercise , had a busy week and i ate out twice,,, not happy... :(
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:25 pm

:shock: :shock: OUCH! :( :(

Get back on that horse girl! You can do it!

:D
Kim
Blitz

Postby Tea85 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:31 am

Aw Emma that's tough :(

But hopefully you've learnt from this and next week we'll see a great loss from you. Don't give up, keep working hard and you'll get back on track.
Tea85

Postby AboutTime » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:07 am

Thanks Ladies,

Yep im back on track.. I am not going to make excuses not to walk even if i have a busy week...
My dad is coming down from queensland and have already planned to eat out on both saturday and sunday. I am going have to pick healthy foods to eat. Then on the 15 th i have my aunties 50th birthday then christmas day. December is not a good month... I am going to have to really discipline myself and make sure i exercise. shucks !!

I am really hoping for a good loss this sunday at weigh in ..... I reap what i sow .... so im gonna put the work in to see the results...

I Am Determined To Get To My Goal Weight !!
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:18 pm

Ladies???...but I'm a bloke! :lol:

When I was losing weight I absolutely hated going out for dinner. Unfortunately life does get in the way of our plans. It was many defeats before I had a victory at one of those outings. My friend was celebrating his silver wedding anniversary and I had been his best man so I couldn't get out of it. That day I exercised like a mad fool, ate a light lunch and readied myself for the evening. They served up this huge chicken with cheese. Thankfully the rest of the meal was self serve. I ate most of the chook (getting as much of the cheese off as I could), kept myself light on the self serve and begged off the cake. When I got home I went for an hour walk with my wife. Result? A zero weigh in...that was a victory compared to my other efforts. Even today I approach one of these outings with fear and worry. I like to be in control and that isn't guaranteed.

Work hard Em...plot and plan for victory as much as you can.
Regards
Kim
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:59 pm

Hello Kim,
My apologies i just assumed you were female because of your name...
Yes , you are so right...
I need to plan days ahead before going out to eat...
Some events can not be avoided...
I am suprised that i put on 1.6 kgs because i didnt exercise and ate out twice.. One of the outings i had yum cha ( a traditional chinese meal) and all i had was steamed food. Like dims sims etc..nothing deep fried...
Your determination and perseverance is really encouraging bro. .... Rest of the week i am going to try to walk 45 mins.... I can only push myself to 45 mins for now as I struggle to do an hour. But i would like to get to that long of a walk some time soon... I do have my slack days where i cant be bothered to walk so i just walk around a couple of blocks which takes 25 mins....
I will keep pressing forward till i reach my goal weight... but for now i am reaching for a weight of 120 kgs...needing to lose 10 kgs by end of feburary.... 3 months to lose it is enough time i believe..

Bless You .
Em
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:29 am

It's very easy to put weight back on especially if you don't exercise. Your body is still in fat mode so it thinks that your natural sitting weight should be higher. It will take time for your body to get the idea that there is a new management in town.

Chinese food can be deadly. I've had a few bad times there. It looks so innocent but it can pack a wallop. You'll need the exercise for that lot.

I was walking about 45min when I was at your weight now. At this stage I was building the speed up on my walks. Trying to beat the time it took me to walk the same distance. That pushed me enough to get my fitness to the next level where I went out for an hour. Putting in short walks is a good idea (and the occasional longer one). Routine is the enemy of exercise. Mixing it up and keeping your body guessing keeps your metabolism on it's toes. The lighter and the more fit you get; the more you will be able to do. Listen to your body. Push it but never break it.

Three months is more than enough time to lose 10 kilos but if you want to do it you have to watch "slipage". That's a word that I've coined for regaining weight that had been lost. If you regain a kilo, the problem isn't the kilo, the problem is the waste of time and effort losing another kilo that doesn't bring you forward. You slip behind where you could have been. You've had to lose 2 kilos instead of one for the same result. Gosh knows how much quickier I would have reached goal if it wasn't for slipage. Actually I've just done the calculation...I could have finished 3 months earlier! I could have lost the 87 kilos in 11 months if I had had no gains at all during that time. So you can see how important slipage is?

Kim
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:24 pm

I just measured my waist and in one month i have lost 4.5 cms around my waist. I am happy with that... Maybe some people lose more but i am still happy with my results and also i am 100 grams away from losing all the weight i put on last week. ( 1.6 kilos ).. I put it on in a few days and 4 days to lose it. I am not going to repeat last week again.. though have to admit Christmas time my whole month of december is not easy.. As i have family birthdays and christmas day and boxing day all there is is food food and more food. So I am really gonna have to discipline myself and exercise more seriously this month. I cant afford to put more weight on only having to lose it again.. ( what a waste of effort and time )....
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:03 pm

Life will always be there. We just have to learn to live in this world successfully managing our weight.

Glad that you've pulled back that number. Also pleased that you are focussing on the positive. 4.5cm is a big deal...and there more to come off in your future! Wait until your pants or your underwear fall down! :shock: :lol: Been there...bought the t-shirt! :D

Knock this Christmas for a six and you can do anything. Go for it!
Kim
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:10 pm

some reason my ticker is not woking and it wont allow me to update or edit it.. anyway despite eating out i have lost 700 grams.. now weighing 128. kgs... i have lost 22 kgs...
AboutTime

Postby AboutTime » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:11 pm

oops no i lost 900 grams this week... sorryyy typo
AboutTime

Postby Tea85 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:52 pm

Woohoo solid loss!! Congrats keep up the hard work :)

22kgs is an amazing amount you must be so proud!
Tea85

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In