It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:19 pm

Free Newsletter

Emmas Weigh In

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Emmas Weigh In

Postby Blitz » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:47 am

Gyms are fine - so long as you use them. The average gym's business model is based on the fact that most members don't go regularly or quit after a short time. If this wasn't the case then it would be standing room only at the gym. They sell more memberships than capacity! :shock:

Gyms aren't essential for success. I was always going to join one but only got as close as getting a quote. I still managed to lose 87 kilos without it. Weight loss doesn't have to be an expensive adventure.

Walking and running cost next to nothing (reasonable shoes...at a reasonable price). Swimming at the local council pool is cost effective. They have multi pass deals for whatever your budget is...if you became regular they will even give you the occasional free entry! A cheap exercise bike or regular bike won't cost the earth. Got my mountain bike for $100 at a second hand shop. There are many little used exercise bikes out there that can be gotten cheap. My first one was new and cheap enough - when I finally killed it...my second one was given to me by my sister who had given up on exercise bikes (great way to burn calories very quickly by the way...so long as you are prepared to put in the work). I've seen workout DVDs going out cheap in bargain bins at the shops and there are many for sale in op shops.

There are many ways to lose weight cheaply. Poverty isn't an excuse...it can be done on a budget...just not in designer athletic gear! :shock: :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:55 am

Hi Kim
Yes I did decide against the gym for the reasons you mentioned... I can lose this weight without spending a small fortune..

:)
Em
SW : 150 kilos
CW : 131 kilos
GW : 70 kilos
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:25 am

Spend the money on the new clothes you will be needing instead! 8) :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:40 am

Blitz wrote:Spend the money on the new clothes you will be needing instead! 8) :lol:

Kim

But buy them from the op shop to begin with because (as I've learnt from experience) as you're losing the weight you'll shrink out of them and soon those lovely clothes that you've paid top dollar for will need to be replaced! Save your pennies and once you hit your goal weight, then go do some serious damage on a full wardrobe of brand new outfits to make you look the million bucks (you now look and feel like)! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby AboutTime » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:49 am

Mid week weigh in : 132.55 kgs exactly same weight this time last week. At least I didn't put on but this Saturdays weigh in I'm going to weigh less :)

Cw : 132.55
Gw : 70
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:54 am

Push it hard so that you can make a success of Saturday's weigh in.

I weigh myself daily and when I was losing weight, Friday mornings was my weekly marker. I would really knuckle down to it the closer I got to Friday...most of my weekly losses were usually the result of that push closer to the deadline.

Emma, back yourself and push it hard! I know that you can do it...it is time that you did too. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:39 pm

I have no idea why but i put on 450 grams. Maybe I have fluid retention. I walked 5 hours this past week and ate so well .. I was really angry with myself but I had to remind myself I did my best. I'm not going to go by weight I'm going to start measuring myself

CW : 132.95
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:39 pm

I say that you should probably review how much you are eating - or what type of food you are having. Let's take a closer look at that...maybe we can spot what is going wrong. Mistakes of this kind can easily happen - and kneecap our progress.

As a general guide...if you are not going to bed with slight hunger pangs then you are probably eating too much.

No time for discouragement - time for thinking smarter and working it out! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:02 am

AboutTime wrote:I have no idea why but i put on 450 grams. Maybe I have fluid retention. I walked 5 hours this past week and ate so well .. I was really angry with myself but I had to remind myself I did my best. I'm not going to go by weight I'm going to start measuring myself

Emma, without trying to dampen your spirits, let me just say that the "I have no idea" card is often played by those who either don't want (or are afraid) to face reality. :oops: And all too often that reality is nothing to be too alarmed about, and can be simply explained! Chances are that you probably DO KNOW why, but have either chosen to ignore it or are unaware of the real reason(s) for this minor shift upwards.

I'm guessing that one of several things may have contributed to your gain this week:

1. You've eaten more than you think you had
2. You've eaten the wrong types of food (for your body to register a loss)
3. You've built up a bit of muscle in your (quite admirable 5 hour) workout (and we all know muscle weighs more than fat!)
4. It's coming up to "that time" of the month for you, and there's a general rise in weight for women at this time (perfectly natural)

Regardless of which is correct, don't be disheartened. Your efforts are not in vain, and the 450g gain this week will come off next, or in subsequent weeks, if you continue to do the right things for your body.

Keep going, stay positive, and above all keep up the good work. :wink:
DD Diva

Postby AboutTime » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:09 pm

Yay mid week weigh in and I have lost 700 grams since Saturday passed . I'm happy with this as I know I have been doing all that I can..
CW : 132.25
GW : 129.00 is my mini goal for the end of the month anywhere in the 129.00 range..

I'm gonna stick with this..
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:58 pm

Glad to hear that it is starting to come together for you. :D

Your mini goal can be achieved but only if you really knuckle down to it. These mini goals aren't essential to achieve on time but rather spurs to move us forward - which is essential!

Tip: Never eat after eight pm. Frozen grapes are ok for an energy snack (just a handful) but not late night consumption...it will foul your metabolism's rhythm.

Go Em...I know you can do it. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby äirly » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:01 am

Congratulations on your 700g loss :)
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby DD Diva » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:21 am

AboutTime wrote:Yay mid week weigh in and I have lost 700 grams since Saturday passed . I'm happy with this as I know I have been doing all that I can..
CW : 132.25
GW : 129.00 is my mini goal for the end of the month anywhere in the 129.00 range..

I'm gonna stick with this..

WELL DONE EMMA!!! 8)

You see, doing the right thing by your body does eventually pay off! :) Sometimes we think we should do better but our bodies beg to differ, holding on to every morsel of food that passes our lips, because it feels it needs the energy. The gain may have just been your body's way of saying, don't starve me?! Who knows. Anyway, it's paid off this week and you're on track to meet your goal.

Keep up the good work!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby AboutTime » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:24 am

Thank you everyone for the encouraging words :)
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:50 pm

Good work Em...keep being accountable and you will get there! 8)

Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In