It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:52 pm

Free Newsletter

Scarlett's Weigh In

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Scarlett's Weigh In

Postby Scarlett » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:39 am

Ok, so I wasn't sure whether to post this or not...sigh. :(

The thing is yesterday I decided to make Sunday mornings my weigh in day and use my scales at home. So this morning I jumped on the scales with a positive outlook and looked down to find that I HAD GAINED 1 KILO!

I don't get it? I have definition in my abs for the first time in 15+ years, I'm going to the gym 3 times a week and I'm watching what I eat. :cry:

So I'm picking myself up, dusting myself off and putting aside the embarrassment of joining a weight loss forum only to gain weight in the very first week. So clearly I need to watch what I eat even more closely and that means a food diary.

So yeah, officially 87kilos now.
Scarlett

Re: Scarlett's Weigh In

Postby Blitz » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:57 am

Don't let the number get to you. There are could be a few reasons why the gain. It may simply be muscle build up. In which case that means greater weight loss down the track. It could be that you have fluid retention, which is something that will pass. One number doesn't give you the full story.

If it continues however then you need to look at what you are doing. If you are exercising then it's probably about your eating. You're eating too much or not enough. With increase of exercise we tend to increase our food intake unconsciously...so watch it. Conversely sometimes we are so severe with ourselves that we don't eat enough to keep the body ticking over. The body responses by holding onto what it's got even to the point of gain more weight. Balanced food intake is the key here.

A kilo isn't much. I can put that on in one day just by missing my daily exercise or eating a biggish meal. The key is to keep hammering at it. Success WILL follow. See this time as a chance to build character and a place to learn more. You can do it! :D
Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Scarlett » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:46 pm

Thanks Kim. You are absolutely right. I think it has a lot to do with the inconsistency with my food intake. Too much food one day, not enough the next. Hopefully the food diary will help me work out what is going on.

Thanks so much for your support and encouraging words, this is why I joined. :D
Scarlett

Postby Scarlett » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:51 pm

Yay I lost two kilos over the last two weeks. Although in truth I had a bad case of Gastro, and I would definitely NOT recommend it as a weight loss system. :shock:

I went to my PT tonight and did exercise for the first time in a week and a half. Oh God my poor stomach.
Scarlett

Postby Ty-Gwyn » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:57 pm

Woohoo great work Scarlett!! I bet that felt great seeing that number on the scales??!! :)

We should push each other along ... You're 5 kilos lighter than me but our target weight is the same so hopefully we'll help each other get there :)
SW - 99.6 (4th Sept 2012)
CW - 79 (15th March 2013)
GW - 70 ( or a comfortable size 12!!)
Ty-Gwyn

Postby Scarlett » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:37 am

Sounds good to me! Your consistent weight loss is very inspiring. I hope I can do that too. :D
Scarlett

Postby Scarlett » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:03 am

I weighed in at 84.6kg this morning. I know it is only a small loss (400g), but I am ecstatic as it has been a long time since I've been able to get under 85kg. :D
Scarlett

Postby Blitz » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:50 am

Great mind thinking. Grab every victory goal you can. Every loss counts. Good work!

Regards
Kim
Now: Keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Ty-Gwyn » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:52 pm

Excellent work Scarlett well done!! As long as its a loss thats all that matters! Most of my weeks I average around 500g - 800g and I'm happy with that. Imagine how that weight would be going if you weren't on this healthier path?!! I know for sure I'd have got into the 100s ... thankfully I finally weighed myself (after hiding for 4 years) and I tipped in at 99.6kgs! Another week or two and it would have looked a lot uglier (psychologically!).

Well done you!! :D :D
Ty-Gwyn

Postby Scarlett » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:04 am

Weighed in at 84kg today. YAY that is a 600g loss.
Scarlett

Postby feebeejay » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:34 pm

Well done Scarlett, it sounds like you have a definite plan and going strong! I'm yet to tackle the consistent exercise thing, but am planning on getting on to it today ... I have to clear the cobwebs off the exercise bike first though (lol) ...
I started my new program on a Wednesday a bit more than 5 weeks ago, and completely blew it the first day with dinner at a pizza restaurant!!! But recovered from that, and am now really taking time to consider what I actually put in my mouth. I also have found that my weekends blow out a little, just in terms of inconsistency with the times of meals, and sometimes I'm challenged and eat naughty things which I've then incorporated into my calorie count. By the time Monday comes, the work week sort of keeps me on track, Wednesday is actually a good weigh in day as I have settled a bit by then.
As of today's weigh in, yes I weigh every day even though they suggest you don't, it looks like I've lost a total of 6.5kg since I started my program, so I'm pretty happy with that. But I guess, the thing I've learned is to take things one day at a time, and if I blow out a bit today, I can reduce my intake the next day, or do more exercise to make up for it. I'm getting a bit obsessed with the whole thing at times, and have to remind myself to chill a bit, there's no end date to this for me, I'm going to need to do it forever so I just have to be realistic about it all and how I can best make it work for me.

Keep up the good work, and hopefully you'll be at your goal in no time.
Regards
Fiona :)
trying to stop the yo-yo!!!
feebeejay

Postby Blitz » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:54 pm

Doing well. Every week a step closer to your goal. Keep it going! :D

Regards
Kim
Now: Keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Scarlett » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:13 am

Thanks for your support Fiona and Kim. :D

I don't really have a set plan as such. I watch what I eat and allow myself 2 small treats during the day. This means that I don't feel like I'm completely depriving myself. It may take me a little longer to get to my goal weight, but I know that I'm more likely to keep the weight off.

I was going to the gym 3 times a week but since I've been sick I haven't been exercising at all (except may be chasing after the kids). I have been sick for about a month now, so when I go back I'll be easing back into it. :wink:
Scarlett

Postby Scarlett » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:04 am

Ughhhh. Gained 400g this week. NOT HAPPY JAN! :x

Had a really stressful week, so a lot of emotional eating going on. I really have to work out a strategy to combat that. Thankfully we are not hosting Christmas this year.
Scarlett

Postby Ty-Gwyn » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:40 am

Disappointing for you but at least you know where it stemmed from. I tend to take the dog out for a walk when I feel the risk of unhealthy eating coming on, or if that's not an option I make a cup of tea which keeps my mouth and tummy busy for a little while! :)

Onwards and upwards!! :)
Ty-Gwyn

Next

Return to Weekly Weigh In