It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:33 pm

Free Newsletter

Rach taking control!!

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Rach taking control!!

Postby Blitz » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:16 pm

I was much the same way when I started. I'm a very private person who perfers to fly under the radar. I swore my wife and daughter to secrecy in case I couldn't pull it off.

The first month a friend at a club I attended pulled me up. He was concerned about the weight I had been stacking on. I let him know that I had just started to do something about it. Best thing I could have done. He was into body building and had a keen interest in fitness. Gave this beginner heaps of advice and encouragement.

The thing about weight loss is that sooner or later people do begin to notice. My sister who has struggled with her weight for forever noticed very early on. Again lots of encouragement and helpful advice. She passed on her Weight Watchers mags. Love reading the success stories.

Some people were quickier than others. Most members of my church didn't notice (or were too polite to ask me) until I started wearing tighter clothes (I was beginning to look very comic in the old ones). I had lost just over 30kg before it became general knowledge. The members of the club I belong to didn't notice until I had lost over 42kg. This is a magician's club, you would thing that these guys would be more observant! :o

By telling people you will find encouragement from unexpected quarters. One day at the local pool I attend, the assistant manager said to me that I was an encouragement to him. He said that in the fitness industry he had seen many try to lose weight, they come for a while and fail. He said that it was great to see me succeed and it encouraged him in his job. When I reached goal all the staff at the pool were happy for me. They presented me with a bag stuffed with fitness goodies, a free month of pool entry and a letter of commendation with very kind words.

Then there are the ones you help without knowing it. One day my wife noticed that a young man at our church was looking thinner. Knowing how it encouraged me when people noticed my weight loss, I asked him if he had lost weight. He replied that he had and that I had been the one to inspire him to do so. Many times folk have said something similar. That in turn encourages you - and keeps you true to your path.

Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: Keeping it off for life!
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Ty-Gwyn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:27 pm

OK you've convinced me ... no more secrecy ... the cat is now officially out of the bag!!

Thats very funny about the magicians club!! 42kg before they noticed ... thats insane! I've only lost 7.7kgs and I'm wondering why people aren't noticing!! haha ... I might have to wait a little longer then! :)

Just back from a nice hour long walk with a friend again - we've been doing it daily for about the last 6 weeks and I really enjoy it. Having said that, all I wanted to do again today was sleep, but I pulled myself up and got my trainers on! Feeling good again now!

Keep talking to me Kim ... you talk a lot of sense! :)
SW - 99.6 (4th Sept 2012)
CW - 79 (15th March 2013)
GW - 70 ( or a comfortable size 12!!)
Ty-Gwyn

Postby Blitz » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:43 pm

Believe it or not the more weight you lose the less tired you will feel. You are increasing your fitness level and that will soon pay off. It is real surprising how quickly the results start showing. One day it will hit you out of the blue just how far you have come.

You have to keep telling yourself the good it's doing you. Reinforce the benefits of your lifestyle change to yourself. Remember how unfit you were when you started? And that was only a little while ago. My first exercise was a daily 10 minute walk and that was hard going. My back would ache a treat from it. Now I jog for an hour and it's fun! :shock:

Go to bed tired and you know your body is going to spend the night making muscle and moving the fat off you. When I went to bed tired (and hungry) that is what I would tell myself and it's true!

At the very least, all this exercise will help you have a good night's sleep. :)

Regards
Kim
Blitz

Postby admin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:51 pm

Thanks for sharing that....it hopefully will give people encouragement to keep going.

All the best

Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Ty-Gwyn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:40 pm

Woohoo I just got my first 'wow what's with you looking fit and slim' !!!!

It was down to me buying new 3/4 trackies ... That's it, shopping trip for more soon!! Haha
Ty-Gwyn

Postby Tea85 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:40 am

:) always nice to get those compliments!! Helps to keep you going on the right track. Keep up the great work!!
Tea85

Postby Blitz » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:17 pm

I see a shopping lead economic recovering for Australia coming soon. :lol: Don't go buying too many new clothes because you'll soon find that they will be too big for you!

The trimmer you get the more choices you can have. When I was huge I hated shopping for clothes. Apart from confronting me with how big I was getting,there was no choice. Even the "big men's shop" had a limited range. Why do manufactures think that large people have no taste or style?

If they think you like good now, how brilliant will it be when you reach goal? Its great watching friends faces if they haven't seen you since you've lost weight. Some people I've met have even failed to recognise me!

Caution, never get to cocky. Let your guard down and that fat dude will try and get you again.:shock:

Regards
Kim
Blitz

Postby Ty-Gwyn » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:41 am

Blitz wrote:Caution, never get to cocky. Let your guard down and that fat dude will try and get you again.:shock:

I'll kick that fat dudes ass if he tries to knock on my door again!! :twisted:
Ty-Gwyn

Postby Blitz » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:01 pm

My sister got angry with me once when I referred to myself as a "fat b*****d". Told me I shouldn't label myself with negative self talk. I told she has got it all wrong. I wasn't labelling myself that way - I was actually disassociating myself from that fat guy by speaking of him in the third person and as someone who I didn't want to hang out with any more (bad company).

I was trying to change my image of myself. No longer the fat guy but the skinning guy kicking that fat man out of my life.

Regards
Kim
Blitz

Postby Ty-Gwyn » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:55 pm

Yup I'm liking that idea! I might make a cardboard cut of 'fat me' and carry it around with me!! haha
Ty-Gwyn

Postby ganymede » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:34 pm

I put up shockingly flabby photos of myself in my underwear from the front, back and side on my wardrobe so that every time I'm lying in bed wishing I didn't have to get up to go for a walk, I can look at those photos and think NO WAY!!! And get up :) At the moment I can just feel my big butt keeping me back from walking faster haha. It's like this gigantic weight! I have stopped getting stitches from my fat wobbling though, thank goodness LOL.

Rach, I am looking forward to your numbers on Wednesday :) I have a feeling you're going to smash it!!!
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Ty-Gwyn » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:11 pm

You're braver than me!! Haha!

Leaving weigh in until Thursday next week (usually Monday) because I have a challenge with a friend for us both to lose 1.4kgs by then ... Fingers crossed!
Ty-Gwyn

Postby Blitz » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:32 pm

You may be getting stitches from not breathing right. Try breathing in through the nose and slowing breathing out through the mouth.

Stitches are a good sign (although painful) it is thought that they occur in people who are building fitness level. If they do come back you may want to slow the pace down to give your body a chance to catch up.

I like the pictures on the wardrobe idea. Getting up and started is always the hardest thing. I have that with swimming. It takes me ages to get my butt to the local pool but after the swim I feel on top of the world.

Regards
Kim
Blitz

Postby Ty-Gwyn » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:19 pm

I've decided I'll weigh in on my usual day of Monday - feeling a bit apprehensive about getting on those scales in the morning!! :shock:
Ty-Gwyn

Postby Blitz » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:09 am

No matter what the scales say, remember it's a marathon not a sprint. One number doesn't make you or break you.

If you have done the work and controlled your eating, the results WILL come. Building muscle means more weight in the short term but always pays dividends long term.

Having said that, I knowing the feeling. Excitement mixed with fear. Hoping for the best and dreading the worst. Wish for you the best!

Regards
Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In