It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:24 am

Free Newsletter

Sydney Girl's Weigh In

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Sydney Girl's Weigh In

Postby Sydneygirl » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been stalking everyone's threads over the past few days.
I am here because I need to make big changes. I have been overweight for most of my life.
My highest weight I've ever been was about 96kgs beginning of 2011. I got down to 86kgs just by starting a new job that was a lot more physical in Sept 2011. Then I went back to a slower paced job and the weight krept on bringing me back up to 93kgs.

So I all of a sudden became very motivated at the start of October this year.

I'm 23 years old and 5'4 and work as a nurse (non physical job). I wear size 16 clothes but is probably more like 18, I just refuse to try on anything more than 16. I am getting married in 4 months so that is a big motivator, but as well as that I just want to improve my fitness and look sexy for my new husband.

Things that are important to me include
- getting healthy to make things easier when we start a family
- be able to do a challenge obstacle course like tough mudder
- look great in and out of clothes. I have an awesome sense of fashion but am currently restricted to what fits....
- I also want to be able to go out to the city to swanky cocktail lounges and not be worried about not being let into clubs because I'm overweight

My big prize to myself when I reach my goal of 60kgs is a breast lift. I already feel like my boobs are saggy, so it's going to be 10 times worse when I've lost all the weight.

I started my journey about 6 weeks ago. Today my weight is 87.5kgs.
I'm addicted to weighing myself and I do so several times per day. But I only go off the weight that I am after a wee and before eating in the morning.

I walk everyday before work, I try to include as many hills as I can and walk at about 4.5kms/hr for 30mins. I also try to do extra walks on the weekend.
I am eating really well. I try to 'clean eat'. Loads of fresh fruit and veggies. Limiting bread and potato and pasta intake.

Sorry that was very long winded. Bt welcome to my journey. I will keep updating very regularly.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Re: Sydney Girl's Weigh In

Postby Sydneygirl » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:30 am

I forgot to say in my last post that I am using MyFitnessPal app to track calories etc.

So as I said, I like to weight daily (I know it's not the best thing to do but I can't help myself).
So today I am 87.3kgs which is a loss of 0.2kgs in a day.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Blitz » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:02 pm

Sophie

Sounds like you have got a good start. These are the easy (well - easier :? ) days so get the basics right and when it gets to the sharp end you will have the tools to deal with it.

All those motivations you listed will help you stay the course. You will find that the health reasons are the most important ones in the long term. One day you'll get too old to bother with cocktail bars. :shock: Along the way you will discover other benefits that you never even thought off. I think one of the big motivations that you have thought off but haven't mentioned directly is looking killer in your wedding dress, right? :lol:

I weigh myself daily too. And yes, after toilet stop but before breakfast. Do try to keep it down to once a day or you'll drive yourself crazy. The important thing to remember about daily weighing is that one number is NOT the whole story. Your body weight will go up and down for a whole bunch of reasons other than you are putting on fat. Use as a guide only and don't get too hung up on it.

Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: Keeping it off for life!
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Sydneygirl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:59 am

Yes of course looking amazing on my wedding day is a motivator, however I'm being realistic that there probable won't be a huge difference by march.
Oh and my dress was purchased at 93kgs. Eek I hope it still suits me. It should arrive this month.

Today's weight 87.2kgs
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Sydneygirl » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:52 am

Today - 86.8kgs.

This was my lowest weight I got to last year when I was working a very physical job.

I missed my yoga class last night because I fell on the weekend and have wrecked my knee so kneeling etc was not a good idea. So to make up and give me a bit of a boost I've doubled my walk (distance) in the mornings. Today was the third day that I've done the double walk.
Feeling pretty good. I still can't see any difference though. I took some underwear photos last week but they look warped because I did it in a mirror. So last night I got my fiancé to take some pics of me (clothed) so I can start comparing.
I might upload them tonight for you all to see ( not looking forward to that as they really make me cringe, but I think it's something I really need to do to help my motivation).
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Blitz » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:09 pm

Sophie

Great work getting to this benchmark weight...now onwards into new unexplored lands.

Don't worry about not seeing big changes. They are happening, they tend to creep up on you suddenly. The mind can play tricks on you. They say that seeing is believing but as a magician I know that the opposite can be true as well. What we believe, is what we see. After I had lost my weight I was looking at some old photos of myself. All of them looked as if someone had stretched them out sideways. I showed them to my wife and she had the same experience. It was as if we were seeing the old me for the first time. Our minds were in denial of my weight back then and our brains had altered our view of me and made me look thinner.

I think that is why people were worried about me toward the end of my weight loss. They thought I was too skinny (the charts showed that I was at the conservative end of the range) and worried that I was becoming anorexic (no fear of that - love food too much). They were looking at my thinner face and remember the fatter one which was the "normal size" Kim to them.So their brain told them that I was too skinny.

I didn't take too many transistional photos of me. At the time I thought I looked fantastic. Now I look at them and can't tell that I lost much weight at all. :lol:

It's the clothes that are the great tells. I had a belt that every two weeks I'd have to put new holes in it so that they could still do the job. Retired it finally when I was in danger of wrapping it around my entire body twice. There's also the old clothes that you use to wear that you put quietly into the drawer because they were too tight, now do fit or are too big!

Looking forward to your photos and the many changes to come.

Regards
Kim
Blitz

Postby Sydneygirl » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:31 pm

Yes I bought a pair of designer jeans in New York earlier this year. They have been sitting in my drawer, but I was able to actually wear them last weekend! Yay
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby admin » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:33 pm

What a great feeling that must have been....keep up the great work.

Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Sydneygirl » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:45 am

Today 87.0kgs that's a gain of 200grams. Not ideal,but that's ok, tomorrow will be better. I did have Thai for dinner last night as it was my sister in laws birthday. I didn't have any alcohol or cake though. So could have been worse.

I was thinking on my walk this morning. Right now I don't know what my body type is. Is just fat a body type?
When I was a teenager and slim I was always pear shaped. I always had larger thighs (i remember one boy at school used to call me 'thunder thighs' although I was only a size 8 then... ahh "fond" memories lol) and biggish bum.
But I alway had a lovely flat stomach, like I would wear bikinis with board shorts, no issue.

Now I have massive thighs, big belly, my boobs are gross, I even hate my back, arms and neck. All gross.
Oh we'll, all I can do is to work on it and fix it for future Sophie.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Tea85 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:59 am

I think I'm a pear shape too but well now I'm just fat lol but at school I was always larger around the thighs so I guess that's the shape I'll find again once I shift the extra kilos we'll have to wait and see.....
Tea85

Postby Blitz » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:26 pm

I use to describe myself as a well rounded person. :lol:

200 grams isn't much. Just a glass of water or a missed bowel movement. Nothing to get worried about.

Dwell on the positive. We've all got fantastic muscular calves from holding all that fat up!

Going out is always difficult. Sounds like you did well.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sydneygirl » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:47 am

Hmm still the same today... 87kgs.

I don't understand. I did my normal walk in the morning and then I did another half hour walk in the evening. I ate well. Grrr. Oh we'll ill just have to do better today.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Blitz » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:58 pm

Your body is consolidating the changes. Nothing may seem to be happening but in actuality lots of great things are happening. Muscle is being built, metabolism is adjusted so you will burn calories faster and a host of other changes. You may find while you weigh the same, your body has changed shape. Fat has vanished from one place and muscle trimness has appeared at another. All this will show up as weight loss in the next few days. Patience...weight loss is a long game.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sydneygirl » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:49 am

Yep, same again today 87kgs.
I didn't go for my walk this morning. I feel like I'm running myself into the ground. I'm so tired and I'm working 7 days in a row at the moment (today is day 6). I did do some sit up and push up sets though this morning.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Blitz » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:05 pm

Hang in there. :D

Because you are so tired your body is holding onto what it can. Listen to your body. Easy back a little and give yourself breathing space. Don't worry, working at your job is exercise too.

Remember - push yourself but don't break yourself.

All this will pay itself off with long term weight loss.

Regards
Kim
Blitz

Next

Return to Weekly Weigh In