It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:48 pm

Free Newsletter

Sydney Girl's Weigh In

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sydney Girl's Weigh In

Postby Sydneygirl » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:16 am

Ok well I'm back from my honeymoon.
My wedding day was absolutely perfect. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Honeymoon also was perfect. We went to Fiji. For the whole week I ate buffet breakfast and 3 course meals for lunch and dinner, not to mention loads of cocktails.
The only physical activity was a daily walk on the beach, we went coenoing once and I even tried paddle boarding.

so the damage, besides FEELING like I gained about 10kgs, I weighed in this morning as 81.1kgs. A gain of 1.6kgs. It's definitely not good, but also not terrible.
I'm looking forward to getting back into my walks, and I've already started planning some yummy healthy meals to make.
So I am officially back here as a fixture.

So as Kim keeps asking, here's a pic of me in my wedding dress. Not my best angle, but its just a pic my bridesmaid took on her phone. Gives you an idea anyway.

Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Blitz » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:46 pm

Hoorah! :D :D :D Finally...I've been hanging out for this photo! Good one - you look absoluting fantastic! I hope you and your husband have a wonderful marriage. If you work at it - it gets better and better as the years pass. :D

Now that the worry about getting too skinny for the wedding dress is behind us - time to get back to real life! :shock: Embrace that healthy lifestyle so that you can have that better future! :D You know what you have to do; rid yourself of that honeymoon excess and bear down to you reach goal! 8)

Thanks Sophie for sharing your wedding preps and the picture. This is definitely your year! :D
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby mishy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:07 pm

well done - so pretty!
mishy

Postby Ty-Gwyn » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Wow you look beautiful !!
SW - 99.6 (4th Sept 2012)
CW - 79 (15th March 2013)
GW - 70 ( or a comfortable size 12!!)
Ty-Gwyn

Postby Sassyt » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Stunning...
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby Sydneygirl » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:31 am

Thanks so much. I definitely felt like a princess.
Today I weighed in 80.6kgs.
On my way back down. I'll be stoked to get back into the 70s. I made a brief visit there the week before the wedding. I'll be back there soon.

I go back to work on Monday, so I'll be in more of a routine then.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Blitz » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:04 am

The honeymoon is over! Back to real life! :shock:

Good work losing the 0.9kg! Keep it up and it won't be long to you back in the 70's. 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sydneygirl » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:37 am

Ok I'm back with a shameful face.
I have been comfortable and complacent the last few weeks. My weight has creeped up. I'm devastated. I have been eating whatever I want, and haven't been doing any structured exercise.

I have decided to start using MyFitnessPal app again so that I am logging everything I eat and what exercise I do. I need to keep myself accountable. It seemed to work well for me when I was using it before my wedding.
So yesterday I started my morning walks. (I had stopped them for a big reason, daylight savings ended last weekend and before that it had become so dark in the mornings and I didn't feel safe to go walking in the dark.) I did 20 minutes yesterday and 30 minutes today. This with my smart eating, I hope to start seeing results soon.

My weight this morning was 81.2kgs. Although I havnt gained a lot of weight, I can definitely feel it. I feel bloated, and my face looks chubbier which I completely hate.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby AboutTime » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:49 am

Welcome back, Sophie....
Good on you for jumping back on the weight loss wagon :)
I wish you all the best on reaching your goal weight...
Oh and I saw your pic of you in wedding dress you looked very pretty.... congrats again :)

Em
SW : 150 kilos
CW : 131 kilos
GW : 70 kilos
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:11 pm

Thank God you're back! :D :D :D You had me worried :cry: ! Welcome back! :D :D :D

It takes character to be accountable...good on you. Now work your butt off girl! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sydneygirl » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:45 am

Thanks Em and Kim. I'm certainly happy to be back.

So I saw the Colour Run people released a training program to sun 5kms/30mins.
So I've decided to try it. Here's the plan

So I attempted to start week one today and managed 2 reps. Hahahaha.
I did also my 20 minute walk.
So I'll definitely have to try again. It's so strange, I could walk forever, but running just kills me.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Blitz » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:42 pm

Looks a good plan. Inactivity has probably robbed you the fitness and muscles you had so it may take a while to get your mojo back. The good news is that they will come back quickier because your body will be more willing to give you them. :D

Ease into the plan if it is too hard to start with. Similar plans that I've read tell you do that. Strive to increase but not at the expense of injury or burn out. Do this at each level. Once you've got the running thing under your belt you won't look back. It was ages before I managed to convert my walks into runs (ok...a better desciption would be a slow jog). Now I walk to keep my wife and daughter company but I much rather go for a run for a "real" workout! Believe it or not - it is addictive! :shock: :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sydneygirl » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:26 pm

Ok I didn't run this morning but I did my full walk. I'm still feeling bloated and yuck. I haven't lost anything yet this week which is a bit sad. I have done 4 days in a row of walking. And I plan on doing a second one tonight.
I'll try and remember to do a new 'before' photo soon since I'm restarting.
My first mini goal is to get below 80kgs. I'll then be heading for 75kgs.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Blitz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:43 am

Your body is probably busy returning all that muscle condition that you've lost so that could be masking your losses. Don't worry it will show up soon so long as you are eating and exercing right.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sydneygirl » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:46 am

Last night I did a 40 minute walk and a 5 minute run. Then when I got home I did 40 PUSH-UPS!!! Which was an amazing effort for me.

Today's weight... 81.1kgs...

I will admit, I binged on a chocolate Easter bunny yestderday. I just couldn't stop my self. Or maybe I should say 'wouldn't' stop myself.
I have to keep working on my will power. I'll get back to where I was, when it seemed easy.

I didn't walk this morning, I woke up super early with a migraine so I'm spending the day in bed :(
I think 4 days in a row of exercise this week is a good start for getting back on the wagon.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In