It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:59 pm

Free Newsletter

Sydney Girl's Weigh In

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sydney Girl's Weigh In

Postby Tyger » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi Sophie!

I just wanted to let you know that today I've been reading through this progress thread, and I find it really helpful and motivating. You did such an amazing job with your weightloss, and now you will do it again, even better! Congrats on the wedding and the new place, how exciting!

I have just re-started my journey also, I am always sort of "trying" (and failing) but now have kicked it up a notch by restarting my gym membership and tracking absolutely everything in myfitnesspal, I also have a fitbit which is awesome as it connects with myfitnesspal and helps with net calories.

I am starting out at around 83.8kg, which is the highest I've ever been! I went to Vietnam for 3 weeks and came back 3kg heavier, despite all the walking. This week I've only lost around 500g, which is much less than I would like, but hey, I'm older than I was the last time I lost weight and I guess its going to be a slower journey this time. Its demoralising getting on that scale and not seeing the drop I feel I deserve for my effort, willpower and hard work, but reading your thread has helped me feel better about it. I'm such an impatient person in general!

My goal weight is 70kg, which I used to be 5 years ago, but in that time I've gained 14kg!

So please do keep us updated! I love reading your posts!

Tyger.
Tyger

Postby Blitz » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:18 pm

Finally you are back! yeah! 8) I thought the skating picture I drew scared you off. :lol:

I'm very happy that you are back. I've been very concerned about you. I've made a great start - but you've still got to finish it off.

I'm confident that you will get back into the swing of things very quickly. You will find that your fitness level will come back up reasonably fast.

Take it easy getting back into the swing of things...reintroduce your exercise slowly and carefully so as to avoid injury.

Looking forward to your next weigh in...knock it out of the park! :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Sydneygirl » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:28 am

Thanks for your support guys!
I know I can do this. I just have to stay focused.
At the end of last week I found a spot where my scales seem to work. So last thurs I did my official weigh in at 85.4kgs. Even worse then I thought.
This morning I weighed in 84.8kgs. I'm on the right path!
I want to see this to the end!

Ultimate goal is 65kgs
First mini goal is to get below 80kgs!
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:29 pm

I've got a special spot on my bathroom floor like that. I say it is to be consistent. My wife says it's because I'm compulsive obsessive! :shock: :lol:

Only 20kgs (look when you've lost 87kgs - that is a small number! :lol: )! Keep chipping at that number and before you know it - you are there! 8)

Focus...work on the small things and you will win through.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sydneygirl » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:49 am

I missed my weigh in this week, whoops. I weighed today 84.6kgs.
Not too bad considering I haven't been for a walk all week and Its also that time of the month so food cravings have been crazy.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Blitz » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:14 pm

Sometimes it hard to get that rock to roll again once you've stopped it. Keep at it and you will win through!

Put your shoulder to it and shift it bit by bit.

We are here for you :D
Kim
Blitz

Postby Sydneygirl » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:00 pm

Well it's been 17 months since I was last here.
I have managed to gain the most part of all the weight that I had lost.
In March 2013 I was down to 79kgs. I am now back up to 91.3kgs.
2014 was a very difficult year for me, we decided to start trying for a baby. We fell pregnant twice but unfortunately both ended in miscarriage at 11 weeks and 6 weeks. My hormones and emotions have been on a roller coaster ride to say the least.
I gained 3-4Kgs in the last 2 months alone.

My goals at this moment are to go walking 3-4 mornings per week. I am also starting lite n easy next week. I really excited about it.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby admin » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:44 pm

Welcome Back Sophie...sorry to hear about your loss in 2014.
Good to hear you are starting a walking program, best way to get a kick start to exercise - That is how Blitz started, from memory he went from pole to pole to start with and look where he is now!

Look forward to your progress.

Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Blitz » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:40 am

Welcome back Sophie! I have missed your smiling charming face around here!
I have wondered often how life was treating you...very happy you have returned to finish the job! :)

I feared that newly wedded life would crowd out your weight loss endeavours.
It is not surprising really - I know that when I was first married the pounds piled on me at an alarming rate but I was so happy that I just put a blind eye to it.

Sorry to hear about those miscarriages.
It something that happens a great deal more than people realise but most keep the grief to themselves and so the unspoken goes unnoticed. :(
The good news is that getting your weight down, being more healthier and fit can improve your chances of successful pregnancy.
So use that thought as an additional motivation to drive you to success. :D

Your past shows that you have the skills to lose weight and I'm sure that you will soon get back into the swing of things again.
Just remember to ease back into it and pace yourself.
This weight loss journey is a marathon not a sprint so girt your mind into "the long haul" thinking and you will be able to see it through to the end.

Learn from the past...but don't let it grind you down...
Yesterday is finished with. Today is a new beginning. Tomorrow holds the promise of a better future!

Looking forward to following your successful journey to that better future! 8)
We are here for you friend.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sydneygirl » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:37 am

Thanks Sharrelle!

Kim, so glad to hear from you. I've been going walking every second day since Christmas.
I'm trying not to put pressure on myself about it, just making realistic changes.
:)
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Blitz » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:04 am

Very good Sophie.
Walking is a great way to start easing your way back into exercise.
Keep introducing small healthy changes into your life and before you know it you'll turn into a mean lean fitness machine! :lol:

When I started exercising all that I could manage was a daily ten minute walk (then the asthma and bad backache would get me)...little could I imagine then that within the year I would be able to jog for two hours at a time - and still be up for more! :shock: :lol:
You too will be surprised by how quickly fitness will come back to you. 8)

Looking forward to charting your progress to victory! :D
Kim
Blitz

Postby Sydneygirl » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:00 am

I had meant to write every Friday but I forgot yesterday, so here I am.
Yesterday I weighed in at 90.9kgs. Loss of 0.4kgs. Pretty good because on Tuesday I took myself to the beach and got super sunburnt so exercise has been on the back burner for this week. I still tried to eat well though.

My lite n easy arrived on Thursday, so first official day of it yesterday. 1200cals per day. I found it easy to stick to, but did feel hungry. The calculator suggests I be on the 1500 cal plan, so the days that I really struggle, I can add a piece of fruit or other healthy snack and just keep count of it in myfittnesspal app.

My first goal is to lose 5 kgs before I go to Thailand in 5 weeks. I'd like to be 86kgs for it.
Me and mum are going for a week, it will be full of healthy eating, loads of fresh fruit, zero alcohol, yoga classes and long walks.
Very different to the holiday hubby and I had there in November, we ate non stop, drank too much, and barely moved from out sun loungers.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Tams » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Looks like its just you and I around here at the moment! Well done for a loss, and good goal planning. I can relate to the options in Thailand - the honeymoon situation had me put on weight, but the backpacker holiday (when I needed to lose weight after living in England) saw me lose it. They have such yummy smoothies - it was the perfect meal for the weather. And there's plenty of activity to be done.

Best wishes for this week :)
Tams

Postby Blitz » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:53 am

You should be able to have a better result this week.
The lite n easy meals should kick in and give your body a wake up call and fluid retention caused by the sunburn shouldn't interfere with your weight results. 8)

The 5 kilo goal is doable but you have really got to lust after it and get your head right into the game.
Even if it isn't quite reached the striving will still be useful to push you towards your ultimate goal weight...which is always a good thing right? :D

Don't let the hunger throw you. Learn to link hunger pangs with success.
When I was losing weight and went to bed hungry (but not ravenous) I knew that more likely than not I would have a good weigh in the next morning. Nothing like a good weigh in to put perspective to a little hunger.
Hunger for success - that is the hunger you want to dwell on! :)

Keep going Sophie - that better future is yours for the taking!

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sydneygirl » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:14 am

Weigh in day! 89.8kgs today. That's a loss of 1.1kgs this week.
I've stuck to the lite n easy plan almost perfectly! I'm doing the 1200cal plan instead of the 1500cal plan that online calculator suggests for me, so I can add my cup of coffee and an extra piece of fruit when I need it.
I must admit, I havnt exercised at all this week. I used to be so good, walking everyday, but I find now whenever I start, I keep it up for 2 or 3 weeks and then I lose motivation again.
So I'm going to focus on 1 week at a time. Next week, I will walk for half an hour on 3 days.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In