It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:05 pm

Free Newsletter

Sydney Girl's Weigh In

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sydney Girl's Weigh In

Postby Blitz » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:35 am

A good result (as predicted)...very good work Sophie! :D

It is very hard to re-establish good habits but success depends on it. You may want to commit to walking every day. You don't have to put any meaningful miles into each day...just a token amount to re-establish the good habit.

Good idea to focus on one week at a time. Personally I was less ambitious - I concentrated on one day at a time! :lol:

Keep at it Sophie...you are 1.1kg closer to your better future than you were a week ago...so keep pushing towards that goal! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Sydneygirl » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:49 am

Morning, once again I forgot to write on here on the Friday.
Ok so my weigh in yesterday was 89.3kgs. So that was a loss of 500grams for the week.
Once again I let myself down and didn't exercise.
I don't know why I can't just kick my butt into gear.
I'm doing great with eating well, and I know that's the biggest part of this all, but exercise really helps. I've seen it before, and I know that I need it if I want to reach my goals.
Feeling very frustrated with myself.
All my energy is so focused on getting pregnant, each week exercise is just pushed to the side.
There is a great park next to my workplace, it has free gym equipment etc and a running track. My goal is to go there after work at least once this week.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby DD Diva » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:20 am

Hey Sophie,

Congrats on the weight loss (so far) you're doing really well; keep up the good work!! :wink:

With regard to exercise, if it makes it easier, take heart that once you're in the right frame of mind (believe it or not) you can learn to LOVE exercise!! :shock: No joke...and although I make many (and still hoping for an "edit" button to be added to this forum....Hint Hint admin :lol:) that was not one of my "typos" YOU WILL learn to love exercise BUT ONLY IF the form you choose is enjoyable!! If it's not, you won't sustain it. That's the key, find an activity you like and then build on it from there.
I used to loathe exercise, and would find any (and every) excuse not to do it, and in fact I didn't exercise until quite later in my journey, but once I did start I was hooked. Now I go to the gym between 5-6 days a week for about 1.5 - 2.5 hours each time, and I get itchy if I don't go for more than a day!!
I have to laugh about it whenever one of my friends refer to me as a "gym junkie" because 12 months ago I'd have been lucky to even allow myself to drive by a gym let alone find myself in one (as often as I do)!! :lol:

Here's a few tips that may help motivate you to be more active:

1. Baby steps, no need to pound the pavement for hours.....a brisk 5 minutes during a lunch break is all you need to get started (and can help boost your metabolism) 8)
2. Make it fun, whatever activity you choose, make it enjoyable.....if you like it, you'll stick to it! :wink:
3. Feel good, exercise not only helps burn calories but releases endorphins which will boost your mood you'll feel a sense of achievement as you get better at it (i.e. extend the time, reps etc)! :D

You've got the food/eating down pat :D and once you make the leap into being more active, you'll see the weight melt off (trust me, it will happen!!) :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Sydneygirl » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:02 pm

Thanks for the encouragement DD.
In 2012 I lost 17kgs and I loved exercise. It was the biggest part of it for me. I was walking everyday for 40min to and hour. I felt great.
I've realised that I have become depressed again and I think that's a big factor. I've started thinking about going back to the doctor about it, but I don't want to go on medication again, so I'm not sure what else they can do.

Hubby and I went for a walk last night after dinner. It was only 20 mins or so, but it was nice. We are going to try and do it most evenings now.

You may have noticed I've avoided posting my weigh in this week. Usually it's the first thing I write. I am very ashamed to say that I binged all week. I made some terrible choices mainly led by feeling depressed and also monthlys arriving. So my weight this week was 89.9kgs.
That's a gain of 600grams.
I have refocused and will follow my program closely this week with the added evening walks, I hope to see a good result next Friday.

I also have a new motivation. I have been asked to be bridesmaid for my friends wedding in 8 WEEKS! The other 2 bridesmaids are very slim, so I want to lose at least 5 kgs before then so I can be comfortable in a dress.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Tams » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:42 pm

Those are good motivations - both the walk buddy (and a manageable time), and the Bmaid thing!

I relate to what you write about feeling depressed, binging, etc. I've had a bingey weekend, and a mopey day today, but I MADE myself get to the pool, and my mood has lifted considerably. Fish and exercise are two of the natural things that help depression (and also vit D!). And then there's just being bloody minded and doing it all anyway, even if you don't think it helps :lol:

Well done on re-grouping. Better scale readings to come...!
Tams

Postby Sydneygirl » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:43 am

Still feeling very depressed this week. But I managed to control my eating well.

88.7kgs today. That's a loss of 1.2kgs this week.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Tams » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:25 pm

Yay!!
Tams

Postby Blitz » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:27 pm

Keep at it Sophie...
keep changing that lifestyle into a healthy one!
Remember your long term goals...that better life is waiting for you...don't let decades pass you by like I did without getting on top of it!

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sydneygirl » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:14 pm

Whoops, I missed my last check in.
So on Friday 13th I had a gain. My weight was 89.2kgs. I think contributing to this week was it was my babies due date on the 10th. A very hard week emotionally.

The next day I headed to Thailand, so no weigh in on the 20th.
I'm now back home and weigh in is 2 days away. I'm feeling good but very bloated.
I'm in a really good headspace now.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Blitz » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:20 am

Okay - time to re-group, re-double your efforts and rev yourself up for better results next time. 8)

Times like this are times of opportunity to learn more about yourself.
So that you can develop insight and skills to build a healthy lifestyle that will last and stand against all the problems that life can throw at you.

One of the things that you may find useful is to explore the linkage you are making between how you feel emotionally (good and bad) and your weight loss efforts/results.
Part of the growing experience is to break that pattern of thinking and behaviour.
Eating extra/not exercising/sabotaging your weight loss doesn't in the end help in any way to deal with the emotional burden.
Indeed, the sense of guilt and failure will often make you feel worse in the end.
All these things are habit responses that are not based in any rational thinking on the matter.
It is time to build new responses and actions when you find yourself in a similar situation in the future.

For example, in the old days when I had a fight with my wife and things got really overheated I would storm out of the house and find myself at the nearest takeaway or fast food outlet and then sit in the car and gorge myself silly.
One time during my weight loss days I found myself in an argument with my wife (why does she disagree with me so...I'm such a reasonable man :wink: ). It was reaching the point where I make the grand gesture and sweep out of the house. Suddenly I realised that hitting the grease traps wasn't an option any more - that was the old me...the new me doesn't do that now. So what did I do?...while arguing I put on my running shoes and head phones - announce in self righteousness that I'm going and then head into the night. That night I ran three times my normal distance and by the time I had finished I had completely ran out my anger, found perspective (gosh...may be I wasn't right after all) and felt really great from the run. Far healthier way to deal with life. Win - win.

Looking forward to your continuing success Sophie!
Kim
Blitz

Postby Sydneygirl » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:57 am

Well I was expecting a gain after a week of enjoying amazing Thai food.
I had such a lovely time away and even did some exercise including a 14km beach walk! Man my calves punished me after that one.
Anyway my first official weigh in for a fortnight it 87.8kgs. Yay.
So in the fortnight I lost 1.4kgs.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Blitz » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:30 pm

That's not so much of a beach walk...that's a hike! :lol:
Very good work doing that! Give yourself a pat on the back for that one. 8)

Losing the 1.4kg is great too! :D
That is 1.4kg closer to your goal. Nothing is sweeter than the taste of success.
Keep it up Sophie...I have every confidence that you will achieve your goals and dreams. 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sydneygirl » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:35 am

I haven't fallen off the band wagon, just been forgetting to post on here.
I quit lite n easy after seeing the doco movie The Sugar Film. Seriously, you all have to see it!!! It's changed my life. I've quit all refined sugars and artificial sweeteners.
I make everything from scratch, no packaged foods. I'm now 25 days sugar free! And I'm feeling really good.
Down to 84.9kgs.

I also have some other news... I'm pregnant again! Yay! Only 4weeks 4days, but so excited. After my 2 miscarriages, I really hope this is my sticky baby. I'll be due in December, on my birthday!!
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Blitz » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:15 am

Very happy to hear that you haven't fallen off the wagon - and even more happier to hear that you are pregnant again! 8) :D

"That Sugar Film" sounds very interesting and I'm looking forward to catching it some time.
It is good that it brings brings awareness of the hidden sugar content in the food we eat.
Just because something labels itself "low fat" or "lite' doesn't mean necessarily that it contains less sugar as well.

But a note of caution...this film has been gently questioned over some of it's claims.
(The film-maker) claimed the amount of energy he consumed (measured in kilojoules, or calories in the United States) remained the same and that the amount of sugar in his diet was the only thing that changed.

Dietitian Anne Finch works with the Heart Foundation and Cancer Council on the LiveLighter campaign and said she had some serious doubts about whether that was actually the case.

"I'm not convinced that in a perfect lab setting, with perfect measurement, the same human would gain eight kilograms over two months on a sugar-heavy diet if the kilojoules were the same," she said. "All calories are equal, that's thermodynamics. You can't gain weight unless there's more energy going into your body."

She goes on to question the scientific validity of his experiment.
However she does welcome the film's main message of warning over consumption of sugar and awareness of hidden sugars in food.

Bottom line...a calorie is a calorie - no matter the source and moderation in all things is a good idea.

Sophie...take care of yourself at this time.
Don't fall into the trap of thinking that you need to "eat for two".
A proper healthy food diet is all that is required. So eat sensibly - and sugar is a part of that too.
Particularly natural sugars that are found in fruit will give you a good energy bounce when needed.
It may pay for you to seek good nutritional advice from a qualified dietician to give you top expert help for a successful pregnancy outcome.

Can't be more happier for you. Will hold you and your pregnancy in my prayers. :D
Keep in touch...and stop forgetting to post - it worries the heck out of me! :lol: :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Previous

Return to Weekly Weigh In