It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:13 pm

Free Newsletter

Mishy's Weightloss Mission

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Mishy's Weightloss Mission

Postby mishy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:23 am

HI all! I'm Mishy, I'm 23, 173cm and as of today I weigh 86.6kg. I've been reading all of your weekly weigh ins for about a month now and so here I am starting my own. I am down from 91.8 a couple of months ago, and I feel like I need encouragement and accountability. My big weightloss goal is to be 63Kg, and the goal I'm working on right now it to be 80kg by new years. So, I guess I'll be back next week to log my progress
mishy

Re: Mishy's Weightloss Mission

Postby Sydneygirl » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:04 am

Welcome mishy, you are very similar to me! Your ago, start weight, current weight and goals are all just like mine. Good on you for starting a weight in. It definitely helps with motivation.

What are your motivations to lose weight?
What is your first reward when you reach 80kgs?
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby I'm Simon » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Welcome aboard Mishy...good luck!

Simon
I'm Simon

Postby Blitz » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:36 pm

Welcome to the forum.

It's great that you've keyed into the importance of accountability in weight loss. Getting real with other people, our friends, our family and our God brings us to the place where we get real with ourselves. It develops character which will lead to permanent lifestyle change and permanent loss.

This is the place for encouragement. We have all been on this journey. We know the thrill of a good weekly weigh in, the despair of a gain week and the frustratation of a plateau period. We have gained insights on how to cope through the tough times and through sharing support each other on our journeys. Above all we want to enjoy your achievements at reaching your mini goals and main goals because that will bring hope and encouragement to someone else in need.

You have made a great start. Now press forward to your victory prize...a better future!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby mishy » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:16 am

Hey, thank you for your comments and support! I have little rewards already waiting for me to fit them.. Just a few items of clothing at different sizes for me to look at and say 'I WILL fit you one day'
I weighed in today at 85.2kgs! Happydance!
mishy

Postby Blitz » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:30 pm

It's a wonderful feeling of triumph when you finally fit into those clothes. The only thing better is the smug satisfaction when those same items became too big! :lol:

Keep at it - to a new wardrobe!
Kim
Blitz

Postby mishy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:14 am

Im 2 days late with my weigh in. I wasn't going to post at all because I'm embarrassed, but I'm here for honesty right? This week I have struggled. I weigh 85.9, gaining back most of what I lost last week. I'm PMS so theres hormones contributing but mostly I ate total crap all week. I hate when I do this, it's so hard to stop even when I know and hate that I'm doing it. I think maybe I eat this way when I feel overwhelmed by things. I had a job interview (which I got yay!) so who knows, maybe that didn't help. All I really KNOW is that I hate getting into this cycle and I'm only coming out of it again today. I was able to say no to late night binging tonight so that tells me I might be snapping out of it. Anyway, I hope for results next week.
mishy

Postby Blitz » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:17 pm

The first key to successful in weight loss is accountablity and honesty. You have taken that step and you should feel good about that.

Weight loss is a journey. In that journey we learn about ourselves and discover ways we can grow in our character to achieve our goals. This is a time for reflection, asking questions and not blaming. You fell down because you followed old habits of behaviour. Why is this pattern happening? How can it be changed? What are your tiggers? Is there stragedies that you can think of that will help avoid falling into the old ways of behaviour? Is there things that you can change that will help you to achieve success?

For example, boredom is a common reason for uncontrolled eating. A way to deal with that is to take some basic steps in your life. Don't buy junk and stock up with healthier alternatives. Make boredom a trigger for another activity that doesn't require stuffing your face (ie go for a walk, do a jigsaw puzzle...anything that works for you).

Don't waste this week. Learn from it and grow your lifestyle to a successful one.

Kim
Blitz

Postby mishy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:50 am

Ok I am back, I feel bad that I went away and gained weight (went back to 89 kilos) but I am back down to just under 87 kilos. I think I have noticed a pattern of giving up when I lose confidence. I had some personal relationship conflicts going on and I just retreated into my shell in general, not just with my weight loss. I'm recognizing now that my confidence is also a big thing I need to work on at the same time as my weight loss, not just relying on losing to give me confidence.
mishy

Postby admin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:01 pm

At least you are back, dont worry about what you have done, just focus on what you are going to do.
Ummmm. Relationships can be a trigger point, you are not alone there.
Back on the band wagon, onwards and upwards.
Good luck.
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby mishy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:18 am

Thank you for your encouragement, it means a lot to me :)
I'm going to keep it very low pressure on myself and start with committing to exercising three times a week, drinking two liters of water a day and keeping the kilojoules under 6000 per day. I can do that without putting too much thought into it (apart from watching the kilojoules in what I eat, I may have to work at not obsessing over that because it can be exhausting to stress about it).
As for the confidence, I did a dance workout from youtube twice this week and it was pretty fun and seems to help me feel good about myself even if I do jiggle the whole way through it :oops:
I'm not sure how to tackle the set backs I face when relationship stuff crops up as it's bound to do... I wish I had a thicker skin. I'll think about it over the week and see if I can come up with ways to deal with it all better so I don't get overwhelmed and abandon my weight loss progress.
mishy

Postby Blitz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:47 pm

Welcome back and good on you for having the courage to do so. :D

Yes life has a habit of getting in the way of weight loss. Stuff happens...but character is about continuing even when it gets hard. You can't let these sort of things distract you from your goal. In the end the relationship is a separate thing and only linked by your decision to link it. One night during weight loss I had a fight with my wife. In the past I would head to the fridge or local takeaway for some solice. This time I changed habit and went for a good long run (twice the usual distance!). By the time I got home I was calmer and less stressed - and well exercised! We may not have choices about what happens in our lives but we do have choices about how we react.

This is not a defeat - just a hiccup on the road to success. Defeats only happen when we fail to learn from experience.

Wishing you future success! :D
Kim
Blitz

Postby mishy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:50 am

Tomorrow is my weigh in day, but I've been having trouble with my scales and was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar. The thing is that the scales never weigh me at the same amount even after stepping off and then on again. It was varying between 88kg and 85.5kg, now it's varying between 87kg and 83.2kg. It seems to go up and down before resting on a number also so I'm very confused.. Is this a battery problem, maybe my scales are broken or what? I've stuck to my plan and I can see a change in my body, although its probably mostly that I've toned up a bit so that's awesome :D I just want accurate readings you know?
mishy

Postby Blitz » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:42 pm

Some scales are like that. What I do is have a rule where if I get three same readings in a row then it goes down in my weight loss book as the "offical" number. Sometimes the three come straight up...often however I look like a kangaroo hopping on and off my scales in seaarch of that ellusive third in a row! :lol: I brought a cheap secondhand weightwatcher scale the other day. That gives consistant readings but it tends to get stuck on a reading so I don't trust it. It may be because it is secondhand that it does that...a new one probably would work better.

Kim
Blitz

Postby mishy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:08 pm

Haha I like the kangaroo image :D I replaced the battery... it says im 88kg :( I hope its just because I was fully clothed and it's midday, otherwise it really sucks :oops: I guess in the end all that matters is that my measurements have gone down ( 1cm from my arms, 4cm from my chest, 5cm from my waist, 4cm from my hips, 3.5cm from my bottom and 2cm from my thighs -- over the past two weeks mind you, not just this week). Whatever my 'real' weight is I'm going to keep at it, even if it takes a bit longer then I was hoping for. Starting today I will look into decreasing my kilojoules to between 4500-5000kj daily and laying off the exercise for now.. when I get into the mid 70's I'll pick it up again but right now I want to focus more on my eating. I just went grocery shopping and have a meal plan of sorts worked out, and again I am going to do my 2 liters of water. I found that surprisingly difficult last week, I struggled at first just to get one liter down, but now I'm pretty close to the two liter mark.
mishy

Next

Return to Weekly Weigh In