It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:14 am

Free Newsletter

Mishy's Weightloss Mission

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Mishy's Weightloss Mission

Postby mishy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:09 am

Ok this mornings naked weigh (tmi? ha) is 86.8kg. A massive... 100g less then I thought I was last week :? Be pretty easy to say screw it all that effort wasnt worth it, but I read a quote that said 'Don't give up on your dreams because of the time it will take to get there, the time will pass anyway'. So, this is me not giving up and hopefully growing my confidence in myself. :mrgreen:
mishy

Postby mishy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:29 am

Weight today is 85.9kg, 900g loss. I am happy, but honestly Im confused... I did not try that hard this week, my pet died and also trying to do 4000kj a day was too much and I ended up slipping big time for a lot of this week. I got back on track again a couple of days ago thanks to a wallpaper I made full of health and weight loss motivation quotes. I feel like last week I should have lost a lot more weight, and I should have probably gained a little this week. As I said I am happy, a loss is a loss right? Anyway, this week I plan on a much more reasonable 5000-6000kj plan and exercising at least 40 mins for four days.
mishy

Postby Blitz » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 am

The week before you were making muscle so it didn't show up at that weigh in. This week you reaped the benefit of that muscle. Next week you will may pay for your laxness. However a good disciplined push in the next couple of days may push back the result.

Weight loss is a long term thing. There is always going to be ups and downs that will show up quickly or slowly depending how our body is processing it. By taking the long term mindset to weight loss you wont be a victim of these "swings" and you'll be able to stay the course.

Keeping a record of your weight daily will help you pick out long and short trends that your body has to various activities that you put it through. If you do embark on daily weigh ins it is important that you have a long term mindset to it or the daily numbers will get at you! :shock: :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby mishy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:22 pm

Oh, I never realized that could be why - I figured that I'd see results a few days after I put the effort in, not a week or so after. Well that actually makes me more motivated now :) I am thinking long term, but I will have some weeks where I will do less well and some days where I slip entirely.. I figure that the less time it takes me to pick myself back up again and keep going with it is what shows my determination. Last time it took me a couple of months to get back on track, this time it was four/five days so I see an improvement. Thanks for commenting :P
mishy

Postby mishy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:53 pm

This weeks weigh in: 85.0kg, another 900g loss :D I know I deserved this one too, I exercised all but one day and for more then 45 mins for most days (I did zumba in the mornings and went for runs some of the nights). I also started keeping a food diary which was really good at keeping me on track and aware of what I am eating and how many kilojoules I'm consuming. It is that time of the month right now so I am still holding some water weight, so I can't wait to see next weeks results.
mishy

Postby Blitz » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:45 am

Sounds like you're getting into the swing of things. :D Good work - your efforts are paying dividends! Keep going...follow this up with another good solid week!

Kim
Blitz

Postby mishy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:45 am

Thanks for you encouragement blitz, it is really helping keep me on track :)
So, this morning I weighed in at 84.0- a kilo loss from last week, 7.6 kilos down from highest weight! I actually weighed less yesterday so I don't know what happened this morning, but ohwell!
mishy

Postby Blitz » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:24 pm

Accountablity in weight loss is really important. The more accountable we make ourselves the truer we will stay the course. The trouble with people who are overweight is that each one of us treated our weight number as a national secret ("if I told you - I would have to kill you")...some of us even try to keep it the secret from ourselves by never weighing themselves (this was me for years). So we isolate ourselves...each with there own guilty burden instead of sharing and finding support.

Don't worry about daily ups and downs. There are so many reasons for them...and some are them are very benefical for weight loss. If you do the work it will show up in next week's figures if not this week's. So long as that weight is heading down that's the main thing. :D

Good work...you delivered another great number! :D
Kim
Blitz

Postby mishy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:17 pm

Haha yes, I also did the whole not weighing myself thing. This week I am 83.3 kg, 700g down - not a huge amount but I did have a set back the first 3 days of the week which I overcame in the last four days. Speaking of secrets, I learned this week not to 'take a break' and not still write down what I am eating or doing any exercise. I can't keep secrets from myself by avoiding paying attention to what I am doing. If I really feel I need a rest day then ok, but I still need to be vigilant in keeping an eye on what I am doing. When I don't, it makes it alot harder to pick myself up and keep going.
mishy

Postby Blitz » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:38 pm

Those are important lessons learnt...they will carry you far! :D

0.7kg isn't such a bad number...and it follows a kilo loss - all considered you have done very well.

Keep going!
Kim
Blitz

Postby mishy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:46 pm

Hey, I only dropped half a kilo this week :( I am 82.8kg. I need to try harder this week, I was pretty slack this week apart from the exercise.
mishy

Postby Blitz » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:04 pm

There are some weeks where it is about what we have learnt. They are important to the success of our journey. This is one of those weeks for you. This will pay out to success if you remember this new knowledge. :D

Half a kilo is still half a kilo closer than what you were before. Good work!

Kim
Blitz

Postby mishy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:08 pm

Yes the lesson I'm learning are big ones lol... such as this week I learned why never to go grocery shopping hungry. And not to buy treats for the week in advance to get out of the habit of going to the shop everyday. Because I will eat all those 'treats' in the one day :? lol self control level is not quiet that high yet, but I am doing well. As of today I weight 81.5kg, thats 10.1kg down in total!! I don't know what it is about the 10 kilo mark but today I finally clicked - I'm not 'trying' to lose weight, I'm actually succeeding :P I wanted to write how I am feeling, because this is 2 kilos away from my half way mark (only got a rough ideal weight, I'm not focusing on it too much). I think the weight loss has started to make me more comfortable in normal situations, a friend asked for a catch up and I didn't make an excuse. That's a big deal for me! I also said at the start that I wanted to work on my self confidence, I believe it is the exercise not the weight loss that is improving it. I love that I can use my mind to overcome and push my body to do what I really didn't think I'd be able to do. I can run 4k without even stopping now! Some things I still need work on are cooking all my own meals, quitting energy drinks, and not being so mean to myself when I look in the mirror. I am really scared of putting any weight back on, and I am going to keep going and finish this!
Thank you for reading, supporting and commenting,
Mishy.
mishy

Postby Blitz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:56 am

Congrats on the first 10 kilos! Celebrate every little landmark on the way for they mark out your success. With success comes that self confidence - that's what achievement brings. :D

I shop with a list. That keeps me on track and honest (it also helps to keep on budget as well!). The only treats I buy are my family treats which aren't mine. My mind set was that it belonged to my family not me...if I ate them then I'm robbing my family - and cheating myself. I did have a reward system for myself however. For every 10 kilos I lost I allowed myself some indulgent treat, usually something that has been playing at my head. First time it was a small glass bottle of coke. Every time I went grocery shopping it was there "talking" to me. So I promised it to myself ONLY after I had achieved the goal of 10 kilos off. When I finally got it...it didn't live up to the dream! :lol: Maybe you can try this...with 5 kilo goals (I had more to lose).

Work that lifestyle!
Kim
Blitz

Postby mishy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:46 pm

I've been dreading posting this week because I have not done well at all and my weight has gone up. I weigh 82.2kg and I feel really scared and horrible about losing control like this. I am really scared of just putting weight back on. I have been really stressed this week, and personal relationship anxietys are flaring up again (right at the start I identified that as a trigger for my eating). I'm not sure how to regain control again but I have started some other ways to help deal with my stress and that's helping. Right now I think I need to be a bit more positive then normal so I am ditching my food diary for a week or two and instead writing down a daily list of what have I done today to be healthy. I think shifting focus to what I am doing right and being aware of but not focused on what I'm doing wrong will encourage me to get back on track and feel good about myself. I hope I will have better results next week! BTW I'm surprised, I actually feel better now that I've written this down and came up with a clear plan :)
mishy

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In