It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:23 pm

Free Newsletter

Mishy's Weightloss Mission

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Mishy's Weightloss Mission

Postby Blitz » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:29 pm

Confess is always good for the soul! Or as the atheist Mark Twain put it, "Tell the true - and shame the devil!" :shock:

Accountablity is very important in this journey. You have taken a concrete step in the right direction. Good work! :D

Don't waste this week's lessons. Learn from it...figure ways to turn it around. These problems will come again in similar form so you have to figure ways to deal with them without falling into old habits and choices. There are ways of dealing with issues that do not involve you looting your fridge or going on a raid to your local takeaway! Think of healthy options instead. In my case if I have an argument with my wife I use to hit the takeaway but nowadays I'll go for a good long jog which really clears my head and helps me put things into perspective.

Keep going...no excuses ok?
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby mishy » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:28 pm

Yeah, if I can figure out what helps me turn it around I can remember that and apply it again in future :) Again, thank you so much for your support I needed it a little bit extra this week! I am feeling more in control today, my kilojoules are within limit (I can't help but count them now even though I didn't intend to). I'm finding I am on the right track with writing down what I'm doing to be healthy because once I've written one thing down, I feel good and immediately start thinking of what else I can do to put on the list. Even though I limit my kilojoules that doesn't always mean I'm eating healthy.. it means I've found less fatty making junk hahah! With writing things down that I'm doing right I want it to show healthy eating not just low kj eating so today I added more veggies in there (yuck! :roll: )
mishy

Postby mishy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:54 pm

I just weighed myself... 80.9 kg! wow happy dance!
mishy

Postby Blitz » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:12 pm

Good for you. Keep working that lifestyle to success!

You're only 0.9 from that round number 80kg...that's where I would be headed next for my mini goal. Go get it! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby mishy » Thu May 02, 2013 7:38 am

This week I am still 80.9 kg, I'm premenstrual though so I'm not really upset or surprised by that. My next mini goal is to be 79.anything, even 79.9! I look forward to being out of the 80's - it will almost be as awesome as when I left the 90's hahaha :roll: :D :lol:
mishy

Postby iSkinny » Thu May 02, 2013 6:33 pm

Really excited to see someone with mission. When you have clarity and strong desire to achieve your goal, definitely you will get it. One thing I learn about fat in our body is a way of protection. When there is a lot of toxin in our body due to poor diet and lifestyle, our body build up fat to protect itself from damage. So, one good way to lose weight is to do a detox program to cleanse our body from toxins. And maintain a good alkaline diet. Alkaline diet will improve our energy and health, acidic diet will add toxins into our body. Example of alkaline diet is salads, vegetables, fruits, unprocessed foods. On the other hand, processed foods, fried foods, meat, sugar, are some example of acidic food. Give it a try, you will notice a difference. I eat fruits only every morning, and it helps.
6.3% Body Fat
1% Visceral Fat
iSkinny

Postby Blitz » Fri May 03, 2013 5:20 pm

Don't worry what you lost this week will show up next week once your body has settled...I predict a great number for you next weigh in (so long as you keep up the good work). :D

I also confidently predict that once you are in the 70's it will be MORE awesome than when you left the 90's for the 80's! Trust me...the more you lose the better it gets! 8) Keep grabbing that better future! :D :D :D

There is no need to do a detox program. You body naturally detox itself all the time. All that you need to do is eat sensibly and healthly and your body will take care of the rest (is that why they are called "rest stops"? :lol: ).

Kim
Blitz

Postby mishy » Thu May 16, 2013 11:55 pm

It's been a couple of weeks since I updated.. I didn't want to admit that I'd failed. I am still fluctuating daily between 80 and 81.5 kilos so I'm happy I didn't totally lose control. I am back here to sort of make this a new starting point for myself. I had the mindset a little bit of close enough is good enough, but now I want to charge on and achieve what I set out to do. I am shifting my focus to eating more natural healthy foods (Still restricting kilojoules). I've been eating really crappy foods and I'm feeling it. Food like any other good thing can also be distorted into a bad thing. I am going to eat more of the stuff god actually made for us to eat and less of things with weird chemicals and no nutritional value :roll: I am hoping that shifting my focus to being healthy and caring for my body will make this weightloss thing easier and more enjoyable. Anyway, that's it from me until next week!
mishy

Postby Blitz » Sun May 19, 2013 9:55 pm

You haven't failed until you stop trying! You are still trying...good on you for coming back here and making yourself accountable. Accountability is one of the key practices to success. :D

The fact that you can tell the difference between "crappy" and healthy food tells me that good choices are becoming a part of your lifestyle. Your good choices have kept you within a range of weight rather than putting on a great deal of weight...look at this time as a sort of preview of what life will be like after you have obtained goal weight. But now back to work - time to get to that goal weight!

Watch the small choices you make and the results will follow. :D
Success for your better future!

Kim
Blitz

Postby mishy » Thu May 23, 2013 3:47 pm

Today I weighed in at 80.2. Should see a big drop next week because I have cut out all junk food, energy drinks and sugar (apart from whats in fruits and veggies). This is day 3 of cutting that out and I feel agitated and headachy. Still, every time I have a craving I can overcome it easily by remembering how many teaspoons of sugar are in whatever it is I am craving. I worked out how much sugar is in my favorite things to eat on Monday, it's one thing to see a number on a packet but I got to wondering how many teaspoons would that be. Wonka gobstoppers have 28 teaspoons of sugar to a pack, I will never touch the stuff again!Despite feeling a but yuckie I also feel pretty good about myself. It's all well and good cutting down my kilojoule intake and exercising, but now I've begun to cook my own meals and no rely on that satisfaction that comes from sugary junk. More then anything I think this is really what is going to help me keep the weight off when this journey ends. Oh and I have a new goal: 75 kilos by the end of June. I believe I can do it 8)
mishy

Postby shel_bel » Sat May 25, 2013 2:14 pm

I think that's part of the battle isn't it? Believing! I believe you can do it too :)

Keep up the amazing work! :mrgreen:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w49l0zq/]
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Sat May 25, 2013 7:14 pm

Belief is the key! Those that believe can - can! :D

Boy! talk about doing things the hard way...having all that sugar in your life is like trying to jog around with bricks in your pockets! :shock: Don't worry, once that excessive sugar is out of your system you will feel a million dollars. Best still - if you go back, it will taste sickly to you. I use to guzzle coke by the litres; now I just don't like the taste...far too sweet! You will find that your taste buds will change. Quality food will have nuance...and be far more enjoyable!

You are making the right changes and choices in your life...and that will give you a healthy lifestyle and a better future. :D
Kim
Blitz

Postby mishy » Fri May 31, 2013 11:28 am

Haha thanks guys :)
This week I didn't exactly get the big drop I figured I would get, I weigh 79.3... Probably I need to keep an eye on my portion sizes and up my exercise I think. On the positive, I lost weight this week and being without sugar doesn't feel so wrong anymore haha! After about day 4 or 5 it stopped being hard to say no to sugary junk, although it'll probably take a few more weeks for it to become a habit. I ate a lot of healthy food this week, I just maybe ate too much of it :lol: My body definitely feels better with the sugar cut out, it was a good move.
mishy

Postby Blitz » Fri May 31, 2013 12:45 pm

You did a 0.9kg this week which is still a good number (mind you - ANY loss is good). :D

You are probably right about the portion size. With the sugar junk leaving the system you have been "hungry" (not a real hungry...but a craving for sugar kind of hunger) and you have probably been unconsciously responding to it by upping your portion size. The healthy food will not go to waste...it will make some good muscle and show the body what good food looks like. You are doing well and have learnt some very important things that will carry you to success. You should be very pleased with yourself and with this week's weigh in. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby mishy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:01 am

Aw thanks Kim! It makes sense about the hunger, I haven't done that well this week at curbing I have to say. I might just write out a daily meal plan because I have so much going on with preparing for study, my boyfriends birthday and a lot of other things going on that I just eat without really paying attention. I'm sure if I am already prepared in advance I can still not have to concentrate too much on it but still have it under control. Still, 79.0 kg today so at least I'm not gaining even with the added stress :D I am pretty happy with myself actually :-)
mishy

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In