Postby shel_bel » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:57 pm

IMG_4958406537152-1-1.jpg
IMG_4958406537152-1-1.jpg (11.37 KiB) Viewed 2006 times

And another :) I'm pretty proud!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w49l0zq/]
shel_bel

Re: Shel_bel's weekly weigh in!

Postby shel_bel » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:43 pm

Another 0.3kg down this week and I'm happy because I had a week off from walking due to a hip injury. And it got warmer this week and my body seems to respond to that.

Biggest thing this week, well today actually... I got a compliment from a complete stranger and it caught me off guard! Didn't know what to say! It felt nice though :)
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:15 pm

Get use to it! 8)

It is interesting how people relate to you differently when you are skinner. It may not be right - but they do! But don't let it turn your head too much. I know of someone who lost weight and then ditched her husband for some sleazy affair at work! The guy didn't even look at her before and now because she is skinny she is suddenly the bee's knees...yet her husband picked her, loved her and supported her while she was fat and journeying to thin and healthy! Remember who is important and consist in your life.

BTW the wedding pics look great! If you are like me...there was a time when you would avoid a photo or set yourself in the back row - now if someone pulls out a camera - I'm ready! :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:33 pm

Thanks as always, Kim! :D

Yes and you know what, I had a big talk with my husband about how actually angry I get when I think about the difference in treatment. While I'm more confident, yes, the essential "me" has not changed. I still have the same beliefs and values, I still have the same passions in life, including my husband. No form of flattery can change any of that ;) And the people who matter most have stuck by me the whole way.

It's sad that some let it all get to their head. I know what it's like to be at rock bottom, I was there when I weighed my heaviest 10 months ago.. But that is definitely not a reason to throw away everything that's important to you. It should make you even more humble that you're where you are because YOU made it happen.. I hope that makes sense! Very philosophical :)
shel_bel

Postby shel_bel » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:42 pm

I lost 0.6kg this week so I am officially over 30kg lost since I started! I can't believe it! When I started I never thought I would get this far but there must have been something within me that believed. I just had to find it :)
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:16 pm

30 kilos! Now that is a number to be proud of! 8)

I know what you are doing now...looking forward to occasions when you bump into friends who you haven't seen in a while - just to blow them away, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:19 pm

Thank you, Kim! I can hardly believe it! :)

And yep, you got it in one.. how did you know hahaha :D
I actually get a little nervous if I know I will see someone who I haven't seen in a while! Just a bit nervous of their reaction I guess (or in some weird situations, their LACK of reaction! Yep, that happened!)

I'm going to my first pilates class tomorrow night and I can't wait! Time to challenge myself a little and see what this body is capable of :)
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:19 pm

Some people wouldn't notice if that their heads were on fire! :shock:

It has been my experience that many people don't say anything out loud in fear that they may put their foot into it but they do notice...eventually.

For some I had to lose over 30 kilos before the penny dropped. With others - even more than that! A few thought after finally noticing the weight loss that it maybe because of illness. Around the 40 to 50 kilo mark I was regularly asked if the weight loss was deliberate (the insinuation being that I was sick). One good friend asked me straight faced if I had cancer...so I told him yes as payback for not noticing my weight loss before (he was a magician - he is suppose to be observant!)...his face dropped with shock so I quickly told him the weight loss was deliberate - then he hit me! :shock: :lol:

A few will say nothing at all...and go away inspired to lose weight themselves. A couple of people have approached me much later with stories of seeing me lose weight and that encouraged them. People are watching...even if they aren't saying anything to your face! 8)

Pilates? My you are keen! :lol: :lol: :lol: Best of luck! Go for it tiger! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:06 pm

I loved pilates!!! It was so great.. I know I've only done one session but I came out feeling very positive about what my body can do! And that's always a nice confidence boost. :D

I lost 0.2kg this week.. not as much as I might have liked but it *was* my birthday last Friday so I had two days of more "relaxed" eating. I was still very good, but had a couple of bits of cake and some cheese. I am actually very encouraged because i knew it might have been a more difficult week (also time of month week). I made sure I mitigated as much as possible by going for walks/jogs through the week and really sticking to plan after those two days were over :D

So still plodding along. I have slightly changed my goal, I'm going to aim to lose another 10kg and see how that feels and go from there. So I'm not locking that in, but I think I have to be realistic about what will be manageable for maintenance. That being said, if I get there and think I could lose another 5kg, then I will do that. It's about what "feels" right.
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:57 am

I think that the Pilates also helped in offset your birthday celebrations. Good management all round nevertheless. Keep at it. Congratulations on the birthday by the way! 8)

You will know when you get there. I set myself the target of getting to 66.7kg but pretty well knew that just being under 70kg was about right for me once I got there. My body told me that was right for me. It was only through sheer bloody mindedness that I continued on to my original goal of 66.7kg. Once there, I bounced very quickly back to just under 70kg...never to see 66.7kg again! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:16 pm

Thanks Kim! It was a great feeling to enjoy myself but not go overboard. I felt in complete control.

I lost 1.4kg this week and I have no idea where that number came from but I'll take it! I'm now 89 kg at Jenny Craig. I had 2 clients comment on my loss today and she said I inspired her! Me! Inspire someone else! Ridiculous haha.
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:00 pm

Great loss...keep up the good work - keep grinding those numbers out! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:54 pm

0.4 kg loss this week which I'm happy with since last week was huge and I've had to cut down my walks this week due to bushfire smoke in my area.

Seeing my ticker down below I can't believe how fast the past 11 months have flown! Never thought I could say "I'm in the eighties!" Feels fantastic! I never stopped to think just how much those extra kilos were holding me back and now I am a different woman!

I'm pretty proud of this pic, too: :D
IMG_101121254534027-2.jpg
Dressed up for a hen's night and feeling fab!
IMG_101121254534027-2.jpg (23.65 KiB) Viewed 1750 times
shel_bel

Postby shel_bel » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:27 pm

Did better this week. Last week I had a gain of 0.2kg due to my monthly bloat (definitely normal for me, I've worked out! And I guess it will be more noticeable now I have less to lose!)

This week I lost 0.6kg. Starting to relax a lot more in social situations. I've worked out that I can be good around tempting food as long as there's a healthy choice. So I've got into the habit of taking my own healthy thing so there's no excuse! :)
shel_bel

Postby shel_bel » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:10 pm

I lost a whole kilo this week. I am amazed. A kilo seems like a really big loss at this stage because it's a bigger percentage now compared to when I was 121kg! Still, I am prepared for a bit of noise now that I'm in the home straight. It's not going to stop me though! :D
shel_bel

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In