It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:51 am

Free Newsletter

Shel_bel's weekly weigh in!

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Shel_bel's weekly weigh in!

Postby Blitz » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:09 am

Well done in your recent efforts! :D Good solid work!

It is interesting how quickly it all seems once we look back. Even today I'm totally amazed how in just 60 weeks I transformed my body to less than half the weight I was. Where did the rest of me go? :lol: When we start the goal seemed so far away!...as we get closer the goal becomes much more real - which is a good thing because shifting that last bit of weight takes soooo much effort! :shock:

That last pic of yourself is ab fab girl! This is where all your hard work starts paying off...the only down side is that you will spend a fortune in new clothes! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:03 pm

Not a great week according to the scales but I have now lost over 149cm off my bust, under bust, waist, hips and abdomen.

I had to weigh in a day early this week because i am going away over the weekend. It said 500g up... I was like what the?? I put it down to having had 1.8L of water from when I woke up until my weigh in and the sudden change of weather again (damn you Sydney weather!) I'm sure it was also my body in a bit shock from the kilo loss last week. Like my consultant said, a kilo at this end of the journey is a massive loss. It will all settle out in the end!

Going to a wedding on the weekend and I am having trouble deciding which dress to wear. I find that hilarious. A year ago, I would have struggled to decide what looked the "least worst".. I have made a basic plan of Friday-Sunday eating so I know what I will need to take with me. Other than that I'm going to moderate, relax but be careful with my choices. This all seems so natural to me now!!

Tomorrow is my anniversary of starting this journey. I'm so glad I did :mrgreen:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w49l0zq/]
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:45 am

You've got to expect some consolidation after a very big week. You are right about the underlining reasons for the gain...next week you can expect a good number. I found towards the end especially that one good week followed by a so-so week was the usual pattern.

Good work on keeping your head in positive territory. Your focus on the positives will keep you motivated and moving in the right direction. :D

I think the guests at the wedding will detect a swagger in your walk whatever dress you finally decide to wear! :lol: It's occasions like this that bring it home just how worthy it all the effort is, right? 8)

Happy Anniversary! What a year, huh? I bet when you started out you had no idea how well you would go. I know that it has turned your outlook on life upside down...and it is only going to get better. :D

You will have some hard weeks to come as you lose those last stubborn kilos but remember how good you feel so far for losing what you have already. That's what I did. One year after I began I had lost 82.8kg and feeling top of the world but I had still 4.2kg to go. It took another 8 weeks of frustrating hard work before I got there. Many friends and family thought what I had lost was enough but I knew that I had promised myself my goal was 87kg off and anything less was a compromise. I used my past success to keep myself motivated to continue to the end and not rest on my laurels. Use your past success, learnt experience and knowledge to keep yourself in focus to the end.

Kim
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:33 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, Kim and for sharing your experiences! 0.7kg down this week. Wedding went well. I didn't get in as much exercise as I'd have liked this week but I must have been ok in the food department.

My next goal is to have less than 10kg to goal!
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:27 pm

0.7kg in the same week as a wedding is very good going! :D

Heading for a single digit goal...you go girl! 8)

Grab that better future!
Kim
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:34 pm

0.2 kg down this week. I really thought that number would be better but oh well. Better down than up I guess! To be honest I'm getting a bit over the process.. i just want to hit that goal!

My husband says when I get to goal we can enrol in a swing dance class together! I've always wanted to learn! :D
shel_bel

Postby ganymede » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:25 pm

Hey shel_bel,

I just read this entire thread and boy, am I inspired! I've been up and down back and forward in this thread but your story has truly inspired me that I CAN reach my goal without giving up everything and how to stay motivated. I have also learned from yourself and Kim that the body does some pretty odd things and can mess things up for weigh ins on more than a few occasions.

I think I will start taking measurements for this exact reason so I can see the losses even when the scales can't.

Well done on your journey so far and I can't wait to see your results in the weeks to come. You're so close now!
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby shel_bel » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:50 am

Thanks so much Shelley! That means a lot to me. I started this thread to have something to reflect on but never thought others would read it let alone be inspired! If I can help just one person believe they can do it then that's a bonus! I look forward to keeping up with your journey!

This week I lost 0.6kg. I am pretty happy with that! Would love to have less than 10kg to go by the end of the year! Scary thing is I think it might be do-able! :D
shel_bel

Postby ganymede » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:01 pm

shel_bel wrote:Thanks so much Shelley! That means a lot to me. I started this thread to have something to reflect on but never thought others would read it let alone be inspired! If I can help just one person believe they can do it then that's a bonus! I look forward to keeping up with your journey!

This week I lost 0.6kg. I am pretty happy with that! Would love to have less than 10kg to go by the end of the year! Scary thing is I think it might be do-able! :D

Definitely doable, shelbel! Just gotta keep churning it out and you will see the results! 0.6kg is still a great loss, especially when you're getting ever closer to your goal. Well done!

I have time and time again failed then come back then failed and come back and reading your success and the success of others on this site is very, very inspiring to come back for the LAST time and get this thing done! It's a rough journey but with support, I know it can be done!

Look forward to next week's weigh in!
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby shel_bel » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:31 pm

I find reading success stories keep me motivated too. I love reading nutrition tops, recipe ideas and all that sort of thing too! if others have done it I figure why not me!!

I lost 0.5kg this week. On my scales I have less than 10kg to go before I hit my goal! :-D I'm going to my staff christmas party tomorrow and I'm not worried like I was last year. I bought a new dress - a size 12! I've never been a size 12. I nearly didn't buy the dress as I didn't like it when I tried on the 14 but something told me to go for the 12!
shel_bel

Postby ganymede » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:13 pm

shel_bel wrote:I find reading success stories keep me motivated too. I love reading nutrition tops, recipe ideas and all that sort of thing too! if others have done it I figure why not me!!

I lost 0.5kg this week. On my scales I have less than 10kg to go before I hit my goal! :-D I'm going to my staff christmas party tomorrow and I'm not worried like I was last year. I bought a new dress - a size 12! I've never been a size 12. I nearly didn't buy the dress as I didn't like it when I tried on the 14 but something told me to go for the 12!

So very true, shel_bel! I use to look at all these "before and after" stories and wish it was me. Not point in spending time wishing when I could be DOING. YAY, half a kilo loss is great! Especially since you're in the home run and thinks may start to slow down a bit. Less than 10kg wow! You must be doing back flips :D

And a size 12 dress! It's those accomplishments that make the hard yards worth it in the end. You're going an amazing job! Just don't do what I did and got slow close and then had one too many treats and all the weight got put back on :roll:
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby shel_bel » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:31 am

Happy New Year my weightloss friends! Hope you were all good during the silly season!

I weighed in on the morning on Christmas Eve and had a loss of 1kg - I know this was primarily because of the change in the time of day. So I made my next appointment for the 2nd January at the same time for a true comparison. I stayed the same over 9 days! Which was exactly my goal over Christmas. I didn't go crazy with food but I certainly didn't limit myself either. It was quite nice to know I could have things without feeling deprived!

I'm back at work on Monday and happy to be back in a routine again! To celebrate the start of the year I took my mum shopping to get some new casual summer clothes! I BOUGHT ALL SIZE 12 s! And one pants were a snug size 10. I just cannot seem to get my head around this! I was pushing a plus size 20 when I started!

2014 will be the year I weigh my dream weight!
shel_bel

Postby ganymede » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:00 am

Congratulations shel bel! :D A happy new year to you indeed!

That's great news that you didn't gain any weight over the Xmas period and wow, size 12's, you must be super stoked! Glad to see you are feeling so positive, it's time to knuckle down again and get through the home stretch! Keep going! :)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:28 am

Hey Shel Bel, that is fantastic news!

Staying the same is a HUGE achievement! WELL DONE!!!! :wink:

For most people it's tough going to get through Christmas without going up in weight a little (or as in my case, A LOT) :oops: but if you get straight back on the wagon (as I did) come Boxing Day you can negate much of the damage not long after. Which is exactly what I did, and in fact, I even managed to lose 300g since my pre-Christmas weigh in to boot! :lol:

You must be really stoked about being a size 12, and so you should be, that's a great result! :D Though I'm guessing you'll exceed that and make it down to a single figure soon enough, a very welcome SIZE 8!!!! How good would you feel then? :wink:

Anyway keep up the good work; 2014 is going to be a good year! :)
DD Diva

Postby shel_bel » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:20 pm

Thanks girls!

DD_Diva, congratulations on your loss over Christmas - what a feat! Looking forward to following your journey in 2014 :)
shel_bel

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In