It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:15 am

Free Newsletter

Shel_bel's weekly weigh in!

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Shel_bel's weekly weigh in!

Postby shel_bel » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:38 pm

Thank you Kim and Em! :) Way to put a smile back on my face!

To prove myself wrong I went hard at the gym today and don't I feel proud now! I'm definitely getting fitter and i LOVE the feeling I get while I'm exercising and the relaxation I feel as I'm stretching afterwards. What a great start to the weekend!

Yeah Em it is frustrating. I try to visualise the fat melting off me as I'm working out, seems to keep me motivated haha. I will not let that one number get the better of me!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w49l0zq/]
shel_bel

Postby shel_bel » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:41 pm

avoided my weight in thread last week because I didn't lose anything and it hit me really hard!

I have been much more careful with weighing things and making sure I am staying true to my eating program. I am still going to the gym too. For instance, this week I had bought Helga's bread and my menu said eat 2 pieces of wholegrain bread so I did. But I thought I should double check the nutrition stats and lo and behold - ONE slice is equivalent to what Jenny Craig says two slices are! So for the last 3 months when I have bought Helga's bread instead of normal Woolies multigrain bread, I've been overdoing it. So I got angry with myself :evil: but vowed to move on and learn.

I did lose more centimetres in the last month and for that I should be happy! I can't remember the exact losses for every part but I do know I'm now up to 14 cm lost around my waist and 18 cm around my hips.

The scales really shocked me last week. I was puffy again, probably due to the warmer weather (always changing in Sydney lately, so annoying!). But I couldn't help but feel I failed.

But I did manage to pick myself up and dust off, facing my mother-in-law's birthday last night, they had this massive feast and I took my little meal and you know what? I felt satisfied after it. They had cake. I didn't.

So I guess I am learning SOMETHING! I will get there!
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:52 pm

The things we learn along the way! If I knew what I know now about weight loss back when I started, boy what a difference it would have made. :lol: But it is these experiences that grow us and puts us on the road to success. :D

Write stuff down. We do forget the numbers, victories and lessons learnt. It doesn't have to be detailed...in my book it is just be a few words next to my daily weight record ie "missed breakfast", "reached 80 kilo mark", "hit the wall", "sick", "dinner at restaurant" and the like. It is a great encouragement during a hard time to go back and see how you coped before. It is also a helpful reminder of past good practice. If I was to do it over again (don't intend to...too much hard work!), one of the things I would do is take monthly measurements of my girth, thighs and arms. It would have been a great motivator.

Keep yourself accountable! It is the easiest thing in the world to skip this place when things aren't going well...but that is when you should be here the most. No one wants to be seen to fail - but you truly only fail when you give up. We do understand the process. I have had weeks of no losses (and worst still - gains!). It isn't much fun but that is exactly the time a word of encouragement or advise is needed. Accountability is a key element to success. While I was losing weight anyone could come up to me at anytime and ask me what my weight was. I would tell them precisely how much I weighed, how much I lost and importantly how much I still had to lose. My weight loss book was always open and next to the phone for my wife, daughter and anyone else to see. Keeping our weight secret keeps us in fear - when we let the light in; we shine forth to success! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:43 am

Thank you Kim. Your words are so wise and exactly what I needed to hear. I should give myself some credit - I have been so good for over 3 months now! I would have given up well before this in the past. I have always been hard on myself in everything though, I guess it's just part of my personality.

I have started to write down the little things like you said, so I can go back and read things when I hit a temporary wall. I'm in this for the long haul and nothing's going to stop me!

I weigh in at the centre this afternoon so I promise I will come back and report on how it goes. My counsellor said she'd take my measurements again this week since I seemed to be holding a lot of fluid last week.

Thanks again Kim :mrgreen:
shel_bel

Postby shel_bel » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:55 pm

Down 1.2kg at weigh in today :D

Feels good knowing I've been good and finally the scales are showing it again. Make no mistake, body! You are on the downward slide!
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:50 pm

Good weigh in - keep up the good work! :D
Kim
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:30 pm

100g down this week. I was actually relieved as I had a number of situations out of my control in the past week.

1. Women's business. Girls will know what I'm taking about.. blergh!
2. Suffering from the flu so not as many work outs as I'd have liked.
3. Attended a wedding on the weekend with Sri Lankan food (i was extremely disciplined, I had no cake or dessert, an achievement considering the food didn't come until 9:45pm!!!!)
4. Attended a work function at the Opera House where dinner was literally 2 pieces of cocktail food for me!

Considering all of the above, i believe I did extremely well. I am so much more confident in myself, my choices and this new body that is beginning to emerge. I'm liking what I'm seeing for once in a very long time!
shel_bel

Postby shel_bel » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:26 pm

Great news this week, another 1.6kg down. My body really has gotten into a pattern of a small week followed by a big week!
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:10 pm

That is a usual pattern. The poor body needs a week for it to recover from what we have been doing to it! :shock: Show it no mercy! :twisted: and keep up the good hard work! You're doing very good...now see it through!

Kim
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:23 pm

Reporting a 0.4kg loss this week, pretty happy with that as it's the "lower loss week"

This week has been challenging so far. Have had a massively busy week including a trip to Melbourne for work. I'm happy to say though that even though it stopped me from going to the gym, I took every set of stairs I could!
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:48 pm

When you try working in a healthy lifestyle even in a busy week it bodes well for your future success. :D Great work!

Isn't taking the stairs a cool thing 8) - I always feel self righteous and smug when I do it...in the old days I would rather die than take them (mind you taking the stairs probably would have finished me off anyway! :lol: )

Keep going!
Kim
Blitz

Postby fortyfour » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi Shel, i am new here but just read your thread. You've been doing really well. I hope you haven't given up. It would be terrible if the little 100g got in the way.

I just wanted to point out that if you had been weighing yourself daily, you would see that your weight goes up and down every day due to water retention and it can vary wildly. Sometimes that's only a reflection of how much salt we had in our meals because more salt means we'll retain more water. Or how much fluid we have been drinking. And of course hormones seem to play a part. So one should not get bothered at all by a small amount like 100g. As people are saying you've been adding muscle and that weighs more than fat. Afterall its fat we are hoping to lose, even more than weight per se.

The big reduction you noticed the week before was probably two weeks worth of losses but they hadn't shown up as that because of the water retention of the week before. So its best not to get put off by what appear to be small setbacks. They are not.

Keep going and good luck.
Height - 165cm
Starting weight - 7 March 2013 - 83.6kg
weight - 21 March 2013 - 79.8kg
latest weight - 28 July 2013 - 77kg
fortyfour

Postby fortyfour » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:09 pm

Whoops my response was to the last post on page 1. Sorry for thinking you'd left. Glad you are still here and making progress.
Height - 165cm
Starting weight - 7 March 2013 - 83.6kg
weight - 21 March 2013 - 79.8kg
latest weight - 28 July 2013 - 77kg
fortyfour

Postby shel_bel » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi fortyfour, thanks so much for your reply, I really appreciate that info, definitely useful to remember :)
It's really nice to have people on here to take the time to encourage each other. I'm going to make more of an effort to check in on others :) if I can make people feel supported like you, Kim, Simon and Em have to me then I'll be happy :D
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:49 pm

It's all about one "fatty" telling another "fatty" where to get help. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In