It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:17 am

Free Newsletter

Shel_bel's weekly weigh in!

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Shel_bel's weekly weigh in!

Postby Blitz » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:06 am

Oh you will know once you start exercising again! :lol: To quote Dr Smith from Lost In Space; "Oh the pain!..the pain!" :lol: :lol:

Don't worry, the "holiday" will do you good. The good news is once you start remaking those lost muscles your body will have to expend more energy. You will also discover how much you missed the exercise (once the pain fades) and soon get back into the swing of things!

Wishing you a speedy recovery! :D
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:21 pm

Weighed in today and I was down 1.2 kg from my last weigh in 3 weeks ago before getting sick. Pretty happy with that!

Things seem surreal, I can't believe I'm just 6.8 kg from my goal! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w49l0zq/]
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:23 pm

Just think, when you started you never suspected how much your life would changed for the better. :D

And remember, when you did start that goal seemed so so far away...and now it is within reach! Press forward and cease the prize!!! 8)

Go girl!
Kim
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:27 pm

Ok i have a confession to make. This week i was a little complacent. Not out of control, just a bit relaxed. Just a bite of hubby's dinner here, a piece of extra fruit there, sorbet here, piece of bread there. Not sure why i was doing that. So the scales said i was up 400g. I think combined with the complacency, warm humid weather and lady issues it was a perfect storm!

I'm owning it. I get my body and know what it reacts to, positively and negatively. I refuse to let numbers get me down but use them instead as information.

This week i will focus on basics and get my head back into it!
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:58 pm

Owning it and facing up to it honestly bodes well for you learning to get your lifestyle together.
Use this experience to remind yourself of the consequences of complacency.

Finding out stuff about yourself is never a bad thing unless you refuse to learn and grow from it. :D

Now use this to spur yourself to have a great week next week! 8)

Best wishes
Kim
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:46 pm

1 kg down this weigh in! I feel like I'm bouncing down to goal.. Up one week, down the next! Sooooo close to 40kg lost arghh! I'm going clothes shopping on Saturday as I did another wardrobe cull and found that I have very few warm clothes! And it was cold today.. I certainly felt it!
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:35 am

You have done very well. :D

Keep reaching for it...getting real close - don't slack off! 8)

That clothes shopping should motivate you into having another good week! :lol:

Kim
ps You will also feel the cold more because you are skinnier! Fatter people run hotter than skinnier ones! :shock:
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Tue May 06, 2014 2:49 pm

After that 1kg loss (a while back now...) my weight has remained fairly stable. I am persevering because the way I see it, I need to get used to these small variations. I am still committed to getting to 75kg but I am working on doing that slowly so I can focus on how I feel inside. I still had a major disconnect between what changes my body has gone through and what my mind was trying to tell me.

I changed my hair and coloured it completely differently. People now barely recognise me. I don't recognise or remember what it was like when I look back at photos of me at my heaviest! I went clothes shopping (yes, again!) and got some styling advice to make over my look. This is all part of the motivation to stick to this healthy lifestyle. It's not a diet anymore. This is long term.

I would really like to focus on toning up now and I have read that gaining muscle helps the body to burn more fat. So hopefully when I start the light weights this will jump-start the loss again and I can finally hit goal! :)
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Tue May 06, 2014 6:45 pm

It's good to hear from you again. When it is a while between posts I start to get worried! Oh what little faith have I! :lol: You have proved my fears wrong...good on you - may your tribe increase! 8)

Plateau times can be frustrating but actually be very useful. A number of things can happen during them. Firstly, it gives you the confidence that the maintenance stage is manageable and achievable. Secondly, usually these are times for our body to play catch up to what you have been doing to it. You can translate that to: toning. You will find that muscle is being set in and better body definition is seen. That is why at this stage of the game people start to really notice the change. They should - even your face is changing shape! :shock: 8)

Getting use to change will take time. Often you will spent a lot of time looking into the mirror not for vanity's sake but because you are getting use to the stranger in the mirror with your eyes! Even now I'll catch myself in a shop window reflection and say to myself, "oh yeah...that's me now". Yesterday I had a phone call from a tv reporter who did a story on me two years ago seeking to return some photos of mine he used (nothing like promptness!). In the conversion he again made the observation that my transformation was the most startling he had seen and that it was hard to believe I was the same person (and he had done quite a few stories of this type).

You have hit the nail on the head! It isn't a diet - it is about a healthy lifestyle. With this kind of thinking you will succeed. :D
Your changing look will help re-enforce to yourself and the world that your lifestyle has indeed changed - and the new you doesn't do the things that the old you did. 8)

Now...keep going and finish the task!

Kim
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Tue May 06, 2014 7:12 pm

old_me-1.jpg
Old me
old_me-1.jpg (12.54 KiB) Viewed 751 times
Thanks Kim, I'm really proud that I could prove you wrong by not gaining in that time! Haha :)
I totally understand what you mean about the body playing catch up. Even though my weight has stalled the centimetres continue to change each month. So what you're saying makes complete sense. My size 12s are more than comfortable now but I'm reluctant to try on a 10.. but maybe I should!

Ok so I'm feeling brave enough to post these pictures.

old_me-1.jpg
Old me
old_me-1.jpg (12.54 KiB) Viewed 751 times
shel_bel

Postby shel_bel » Tue May 06, 2014 7:16 pm

Oops I slotted the old pic in twice..

Here's a new one!
Attachments
10308757_10152453577275955_7770233267218600927_n.jpeg
New me!
10308757_10152453577275955_7770233267218600927_n.jpeg (14.41 KiB) Viewed 749 times
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Tue May 06, 2014 7:30 pm

Oh yeah...do try the size 10s! If you do squeeze into it...it will be like glimpsing heaven - and you'll want it more! :shock: :lol:
Just remember not all size 10s are the same...different manufactures have different cuts, so try a range of clothes. I've bought stuff that were too small or very tight and used them to propel me to get into them. Indeed some of those clothes are too big for me now!

One regret I have about my weight loss journey is that I never thought to measure myself and keep a record of it. If I had done, those changes would have been very helpful in those quiet plateau times.

While I've been writing this...you posted the new picture!...
My God Girl...who is this person - and what have you done with our Shel?!!!
Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! :D
If this doesn't motivate you to finish it? I can't think what would! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby JP1 » Thu May 08, 2014 9:03 pm

Big difference, well done..
8)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby ganymede » Thu May 15, 2014 11:16 am

That is a HUGE difference Shel, my goodness!!! And may I say, you're gorgeous! It's incredible how much our faces transform when we gain or lose weight. I think that's why most times people tell me to stop losing weight long before I've reached goal because my face slims down very quickly . I always respond with, you haven't seen my thighs! :lol:

So proud of you, Shel, you are sooooo close! Kick it up a notch, get some strong numbers and you'll be at the finish line in no time! Don't grow complacent because you're "so close", I did that and I gained all the weight back because I was over confident :roll: not saying you will but definitely something to be aware of.

Keep up the amazing work! ;)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby shel_bel » Thu May 15, 2014 8:16 pm

Awww shucks thanks guys!!

And yes Shelley I totally agree about faces. My favourite change has to be in my eyes. They just look so much bigger and brighter now! The first photo really shows the sad eyes and fake smile, the one that hid my true feelings about myself. I have really made this process about re-discovering me, inside and out. Life is great :)

So I knuckled down this week. I didn't change my exercise so I could use the food to gauge how much difference it could make. 5000kj on 5 days and probably around 6000kj on the other two.... resulted in a 1.2 kg loss this week. I am beyond happy with that! Goes to show what can be done when you pay close attention to the little "nibbles" here and there that you think aren't making a difference!

Don't worry Shelley I'm here to finish this. I have so many reasons to! :D
shel_bel

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In