It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:31 am

Free Newsletter

Shel_bel's weekly weigh in!

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Shel_bel's weekly weigh in!

Postby Blitz » Fri May 16, 2014 3:40 am

1.2kg is great going! :D
You are right...at this stage of the game it is all about those "nibbles". It is so easy to end up exercising just to keep your snacking at bay.

That's the thing about coming towards the end of the journey...when you start you had many reasons to lose weight but the incredibly exciting thing is that you discovery heaps more reasons along the way. I bet you feel as I do...if only you knew back then just how much life is better - you would have lost that weight sooner and quicker! This is why am always harping on about "a better future"...it really is!

Enjoy this new found confidence, sense of achievement, zeal for life and healthy lifestyle - but finish the job! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Tams » Fri May 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Inspiring!! Well done!!
Tams

Postby shel_bel » Fri May 23, 2014 11:28 am

Another week of careful and mindful eating resulted in another 0.6 kg loss! I was a bit surprised as I thought after last week's loss I might have consolidated this week.

Since the middle of April I lost another 4cm off my waist which I credit to pilates. My waist is now at the magic 80 cm mark! :D

This just spurs me on even more!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w49l0zq/]
shel_bel

Postby JP1 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:45 am

Nice going Shel, its great when it keeps going down.. keep it up!
8)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby DD Diva » Fri May 23, 2014 1:38 pm

JP1 wrote:Nice going Shel, its great when it keeps going down.. keep it up!
8)
Now there's a mixed message if there was one!!! LOL :lol:

Seriously, well done shel_bel, another good loss to be proud of!! Keep up the good work getting the weight down! (JP you reading this?) :wink: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby JP1 » Fri May 23, 2014 1:54 pm

Some people..

Do l have to spell out EVERYTHING l write :lol: :mrgreen:
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Blitz » Sat May 24, 2014 3:44 am

Great progress Shel. That's a good solid number specially after last week's number. 8)

Grab each one of those "markers" that show progress and use them to push you forward still further. :D

At this stage of the game you will see all that toning starting to come into play. You will see more "angles" in your face and muscle definition...you are getting leaner so now those muscles that you have worked on for so long are beginning to shine! 8)

Keep at it...ride your successes through to the end!

Kim
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Thu May 29, 2014 7:44 pm

Haha too funny, in my family I'm the one that picks on everyone's words and grammar :P

This week I was up 300g... grrrrr stupid numbers! I did some light weights on the weekend which included a whole lot of squats and lunges - my legs felt that for 4 days! I was weighing in a kilo heavier all week until today it was back to normal and my legs are pretty much all better too. I suspect that's my answer!

Oh well! I refuse to let this try to stop me. Body, you're on notice! Build up some muscle so you can burn these last few kilos of fast! STAT! :D
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Thu May 29, 2014 11:52 pm

This is the nature of the beast at this stage of the game. Keep your focus and watch the fundamentals (exercise regularly & smart and take care that you aren't over snacking) and you will be able to push through to the end. :D

It may be the toughest time but you have more knowledge, fitness and mental strength - these are the tools to get you across the finish line! 8)
(...and then there is maintenance - but that's another story :lol: ).

Kim
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:45 pm

I've been away for a while because I was struggling mentally. I was really down about the yo-yoing weight and I wasn't completely sure why my body was doing that. As you might be aware, I have been getting help from Jenny Craig through my journey. I think the food was beginning to become a crutch and my body was simply crying out for fresh, homemade, cooked food. So I finally took the plunge a few weeks ago and the results were almost instant! While I credit the Jenny Craig program for helping lose the bulk of my weight, I must now take responsibility and have faith that I have actually learnt something and I CAN do this on my own. And the last few weeks have given me the reassurance that this hasn't been a fluke, I HAVE learnt something and I can apply it. I am so happy :D

In the last week I lost 1.3kg which takes me to the lowest weight I ever remember being! I was 78.7 the other morning and I was absolutely gob-smacked! I have been super vigilant with my portions, balance of food groups and exercise. I have been logging all my food onto MyFitnessPal so I understand what I'm exactly eating and this seems to help keep me motivated and on track. I have no doubt now that I WILL weigh 75 kg in a few weeks!! :mrgreen: According to the app, at maintenance I will be around 8000kJ. At the moment I am hitting about 5200-5500 kJ per day.

I guess what I want to tell people is that it's totally in your mind to achieve. You have to have faith and believe in yourself and the skills that you are learning along the way. Start focusing on those little victories and give yourself credit for surviving difficult situations. If you really want it, your mind will make you do what you need to do to make it happen!
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:05 pm

shel_bel wrote:I guess what I want to tell people is that it's totally in your mind to achieve. You have to have faith and believe in yourself and the skills that you are learning along the way. Start focusing on those little victories and give yourself credit for surviving difficult situations. If you really want it, your mind will make you do what you need to do to make it happen!

You've "got it"! 8) Belief in your own success will drive you right up to that gate! :D
As helpful and good as any program is - in the end you have to take ownership of your life and make that healthy lifestyle your very own. You are doing this. It isn't the easy way but it is the surest way to success.

Very good work. 1.3kg is a great result and far more importantly the insight you have gained will give you victory in the end! 8) 8) 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:31 pm

Another great week and a loss of 0.3 kg. I'm really happy to be cooking. I think the secret is to plan as much as you can. I find it less overwhelming when I can see my meal planner for the day on the fridge and follow it. I might swap the fruit I'm having but that's pretty much it.

Something I did struggle with this week was clothes. I'm going out in the city for a hen's night on Saturday and got overwhelmed when I realised everything I had was too big our unflattering. When I went shopping I got sad walking past a "fuller figure" shop because I used to know I would always find something that I felt comfortable in. It was such a weird feeling. I think for a split second I wanted my "comfort zone" back. But instead I forced myself to go into another shop and try a few things on. Not only did I find something that will look great, I BOUGHT A SIZE 10 TOP AND SKIRT AND SIZE SMALL PANTS!!! :D
Suddenly everything got surreal and I might have teared up in the changeroom
shel_bel

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:37 pm

Hello Shel,
just reading part of your story you have done so well,
its great too see story's like yours and know it can be done...

good work....
enjoy your night out with the girls....
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:42 pm

And that's just a taste of what's to come! Enjoy discovering the new you. 8)

Buying new clothes? My what a tough thing to do! :lol:
I use to absolutely hate shopping for clothes (far too convicting!)...now I'm turning into quite a clothes horse!
...beware this WILL happen to you! :D

Good work on the loss - keep it going!

Kim
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:51 pm

Haha I know right! Most people would be thrilled to replace clothes but they had become such an emotional crutch for me. I guess I never realised how much I hid underneath them. So while I feel AWESOME about owning some 10s :D, I think it'll be a few more clothing trips before my mind catches up. Should be fun!

Thank you for your comments, it means a lot :)
shel_bel

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In