It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:18 am

Free Newsletter

Shel_bel's weekly weigh in!

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Shel_bel's weekly weigh in!

Postby shel_bel » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:55 pm

I lost 1.3kg this week! A pleasant surprise!! :)

It's my time of the month this week so I tried to negate it by making sure I was drinking at least 2 litres of water a day. I have a schedule: 600mL by 10am, another 600mL by lunch time and another by 4pm. Then I can have a glass or two at home and I've made the cut! It seems that the water really does make a difference!!

I am 200g off my official half way mark. I have an app on my phone that graphs the loss over time and I must say - very impressive! I feel like I'm on auto-pilot though. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not.... but it seems to be still working! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w49l0zq/]
shel_bel

Postby Wobbles34 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:56 am

shel_bel wrote:I lost 1.3kg this week! A pleasant surprise!! :)

It's my time of the month this week so I tried to negate it by making sure I was drinking at least 2 litres of water a day. I have a schedule: 600mL by 10am, another 600mL by lunch time and another by 4pm. Then I can have a glass or two at home and I've made the cut! It seems that the water really does make a difference!!

I am 200g off my official half way mark. I have an app on my phone that graphs the loss over time and I must say - very impressive! I feel like I'm on auto-pilot though. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not.... but it seems to be still working! :D

GO GO GO GO.. WHOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOO.. HALF WAY MARK COMING UP... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

How happy you must be. What an AMAZING ACHIEVEMENT.... keep going YOU CAN DO IT. XXXX
[/url]

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wobbles-Weight-Loss-Journey/133824766817161?ref=hl

week ONE 110kgs!!!!!!!!!!!

week ELEVEN - 100.9kgs
Wobbles34

Postby Blitz » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:05 pm

You're turning into a machine! Great work! :D 8)

200g to the halfway mark? Excellent! It's all down hill from there! :lol:

Keep it going! You're doing very well! :D
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:40 pm

I lost 0.8kg this week! Hooray!

It is surreal seeing that the number I have lost is BIGGER than the number I have to lose! Double hooray!

I'll just keep doing what I'm doing! :D
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Isn't that a great thought? To me reaching that tipping point was a better feeling than being under the 100kg mark. :D

Great work...keep it together and watch that "to lose" number get smaller and smaller until it is zero! That's the best day of all! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:20 pm

A loss of 0.6kg this week. I was a little surprised as my clothing was heavier this week when I went to weigh in. My work routine (working from another office) has also changed so I've been making sure my eating patterns follow as close to normal as possible.

Also had a conference the last 2 days but managed to turn my nose up at the scones and cake they were offering for morning and afternoon tea!! Took my own banana and dried fruit to snack on instead! It pays to be forethinking and prepared for these things!

But just goes to show it can still be done despite what could be a considered a challenge!
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:14 pm

you are really owning your healthy lifestyle and deserve all the success. Great work all round. :D 8)

Keep nailing it! You are a winner! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Wobbles34 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:59 am

omg hun... YOU ARE STORMING THIS... well done you and WHAT AN INSPIRATION..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I can't wait to see some before and after pics when you reach goal.

You are going to have the best xmas ever this year. xxxxxxx :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
[/url]

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wobbles-Weight-Loss-Journey/133824766817161?ref=hl

week ELEVEN - 100.9kgs
Wobbles34

Postby shel_bel » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:07 pm

Thanks you two :)

I lost 0.3kg this week. So not an amazing loss, but it's the week before my monthly and I know that's mostly a bit of water retention.

As you know I'm doing Jenny Craig and I have been super strict and keeping to the plan to a 'T'. My consultant said yesterday that she thinks I should start to relax a little because I wasn't learning anything for long term maintenance if I'm scrutinising every bit of food I'm eating. She said she was worried that i was getting a bit obsessed with it all. I have been planning 2 days on my own for a few months now and writing everything up before hand. She wants me to let that go for one of the days and just "go with the flow".

Can't say I disagreed with her. Things feel like they were getting overwhelming even though my loss has been steady and I have remained committed. My husband has been saying this for a month or so now.. I'm really ashamed to admit that I actually called a friend of mine to find out what was going to be served at her engagement party so I could work out my food group serving. I also messaged my sister specifically to find out where she was planning on going for her birthday dinner on Wednesday so I could choose something from the menu. She hadn't decided where she wanted to go and I started to panic. I think that was my sign that I was getting a bit TOO obsessed with it all.

This journey has taught me a lot about my personality. I am a perfectionist. I am a controller. I'll admit that. Without controlling things, I feel I can't be perfect and then I worry about the consequences (physically) and what other people will think or say. This is really scary going into days where I'm not so structured but still sticking to the ideas of healthy eating, portion control and balanced eating. But I feel I really have to do this so that I can start to learn how I'm going to do this when I'm at goal. That doesn't sound silly, does it??!! :|
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:58 pm

Learning how to be in 'the real world' can be scary. Just remember that "go with the flow" doesn't have to mean throwing yourself in the river and letting yourself go over the falls! :lol:

In my weight loss I never counted anything. This meant that I learnt the skill of sussing potion sizes and healthy choices via my gut instincts. In most cases it really just a matter of portion control. High energy food (high calories) mean smaller portions and lower energy foods mean bigger portions (within reason of course!). Because you have eaten controlled meals for some time now, you now have the skills within you to make those same wise choices...go with your gut instincts and err on the side of caution when you are in doubt and you will be aright. :D

You have demostrated here that you understand how it all works. Relax and trust yourself. You are a new you now...trust in the changes that you have made in your new healthy lifestyle.

A few things that I've learnt about going out that may help you. 'Bank' you calories before the day. That means ease back a little in your intake the day before so that you have some "wiggle room" on the night. Decide how full your plate should look like before it arrives. If it looks too big when it does arrive, then separate the extra to one side of your plate before eating. You are under no obligation to eat it all. And when all else fails then get up the next day and exercise that baby off! :shock:

Best wishes...I know that you can do it.
Kim
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:08 am

Thanks Kim. Today is my first day without a pre-written plan. I just need to breathe, trust myself and start learning those skills that will help me in the long run! :) Will be interested to see how I go!
shel_bel

Postby Wobbles34 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:42 am

shel_bel wrote:Thanks Kim. Today is my first day without a pre-written plan. I just need to breathe, trust myself and start learning those skills that will help me in the long run! :) Will be interested to see how I go!

Good Luck hun... I'm like you.. I'm concentrating on every little thing... so I'm definitely no ready for that step yet.. but closer to target I will be doing the same. let us know how you go and what you think? xxx
[/url]

week ELEVEN - 100.9kgs
Wobbles34

Postby Blitz » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:15 pm

I have all confidence in you. :D

Your head IS in the right place...everything else will follow.

Go for it! 8)
Kim
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:20 am

Thanks for all the support, guys! I think you have more confidence in me than I do in myself!!

Just thought i'd update on yesterday: it went well, I found that I was more relaxed as I wasn't worried about eating at a certain time. I really took stock of how I was feeling before and after meals. I went to my friend's engagement party and felt liberated as I had choice but still felt in control. I think these 2 "free" days will really help me cement the good habits I've been learning.

it's a good thing :)
shel_bel

Postby shel_bel » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:11 pm

Another 0.5kg loss this week. (it would have been 0.8 kg but I forgot to take off my cardigan at my weigh in! Doh!) I'm calling 25kg :lol:

I needed this loss this week. I tried having 2 days where I didn't over-think, I just did. I managed so well and I was really proud of myself. I thought not writing everything down and planning it to the kJ would do me in but I think I needed to step away from the paper and start getting my head around what it will be like long term. I still think it's going to take a while to really let go and completely trust myself. But this is the first stepping sound.

I bought some more new clothes to celebrate! So amazing to pick a normal size off the rack and have it fit perfectly without bulges jutting out everywhere!

So I'm happy. Feeling better. Feeling in control. I like it :mrgreen:
shel_bel

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In