Moderator: Moderators

Re: Shel_bel's weekly weigh in!

Postby shel_bel » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:14 pm

*stepping stone :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w49l0zq/]
shel_bel

Postby Shalimar » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:07 am

Well done shel_bel, you have done amazingly well.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby shel_bel » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:36 pm

Thanks! It's definitely feeling like the long haul this week though!

This week I lost another 0.4 kg. I know, I know, it's great I'm still losing but it seems ever since I got under 100kg it's slowed down a little. Every few weeks I could look forward to a loss of over 1 kg and I think that was a psychological motivator. But I haven't lost that much in a single week for a few weeks now. But I guess I'm still losing and I can feel it. Going clothes shopping is becoming fun (who would have thought?!) I also know slowly and steady wins the race. It's got to be better for my body to lose it slowly, right :?: :?:

My biggest challenge this week will be my trip to the Hunter Valley. We'll be away for two nights and going on a winery tour on the second day. I'm looking forward to it! I just hope I can find that balance between being sensible but also enjoying myself!
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:51 pm

It's good when the big numbers come up but remember each number brings us closer. In many ways these smaller numbers are more important. They are achieved when it could be so easy to slip backwards. Often we have to exercise harder and discipline our eating choices more carefully to achieve these results compared to when we first started and just minor adjustments to our lifestyle reaped big rewards. Good Work...take the credit for the loss - you earnt it!

Best of luck with your Hunter Valley adventure...at the very least you will learn something about yourself! :shock: :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:48 pm

Oh boy did I learn about myself over the past few days... NAILED IT!!! :D

I did so well considering I was away from home for 3 days, for me I think the success was being organised but relaxed. I took a variety of healthy snacks with me and some snap lock bags so I could ration out my snack when we were going to be out. I went on a winery tour and kept up my water while not feeling like I was missing out.

I lost 0.3kg this week, absolutely stoked considering I was expecting a gain this week!
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:15 pm

Congrats! It would have been a tough test but you did it with style.
You certainly have developed your lifestyle skills for your continuing future success! 8) The forward planning on the "rations" just proves it.

Good work - well done! :D
Kim
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:41 pm

I lost another 0.5kg this week. Now officially less than 20kg to go!! Wahoo!! It really feels like i'm over the hill now :)

I even went to a german restaurant for dinner last Saturday and chose very well :D
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:41 pm

There's no stopping you! :D 8)

That healthy lifestyle is really coming together for you. Excellent! :D

We need pictures! Why? To see how far you've come...and to look back to when you've reached goal! I have only a few transitional photos of myself. I've got the fat guy and the skinny guy and not much in-between. I wish I had taken some more...the one's I had taken at the time I thought I looked fab - now I laugh...I still had such a long way to go!

Less than 20kg? Remember when that seemed so far out of your reach? keep grinding that number down!

Kim
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:34 pm

Yippee!! Thanks for the encouragement as always, Kim :mrgreen: I went out and bought a Garmin Forerunner 10.. seriously BEST thing ever! I decided to give the gym a break and focus on what I love doing - walking/jogging around my neighbourhood. This gadget is seriously cool. It is a gps so you can download each walk/jog onto your computer and analyse your workout. Very motivating.

I do have a couple of pics that I will share with you but they are on a different computer. I will aim to have them up with my next weigh in this Thursday.

I just want to say, for those having a crappy week... just believe in yourself and be kind to yourself. I went through a couple of weeks there it was all getting a bit "meh, don't care" but I still stuck to it and so glad I did. Now I can charge on forward and get to where I've only ever dreamed of being! :P
shel_bel

Postby shel_bel » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:42 am

Ok so here we go, a comparison. I tossed up whether I would include my head (hahah :lol: ) but I thought, hey, why not. I should be proud. And I think you can really see how tired I was in the first pic versus the more recent one!!

Here goes!

comparison.JPG
comparison.JPG (33.82 KiB) Viewed 2789 times
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:34 pm

You should always include the head! That way you can see the sparkle of excitement in their eyes that successful weight loss brings! :D

You are looking real good. You should be very proud of yourself for what you have achieved so far. I can hardly wait for the next set of pictures...so hurry up and lose the rest of that weight! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love these kind of photos...they are so encouraging! Thanks for sharing! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:05 pm

0.9kg down this week. Finally a decent week! (not that I'm grateful for any loss, but I felt it had slowed down a little) I knew a bigger loss had to appear sooner or later !! :D

Also had measurements done:
Bust: 106 cm, total loss 23 cm
Under bust: 92 cm, total loss 22 cm
Waist: 92 cm, total loss 28 cm
Hips: 112 cm, total loss 23 cm
Abdomen: 103 cm, total loss 28 cm

Total loss so far: 124 cm!!!

Going away this weekend but I'm committed to making good choices and backing up next week with another good loss!
shel_bel

Postby shel_bel » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:06 pm

P.S. Thanks also for the compliment, Kim, I'm pretty happy with how I'm looking! Can't wait to see even further down the track!
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:10 pm

What great measurement stats! Boy! I wish I had thought to do measurements when I was losing weight. That's got to be more encouragement for you to succeed! 8) Good work!

How did you weekend go? Survived to tell the tale? :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:41 pm

Yes! I survived my trip to Canberra! Took some snacks again so i was prepared. Then I only had to think about breakfast, lunch and dinner. For breakfast I took some yoghurt in a cooler bag then put it in the fridge at the hotel. Had some fruit with me and went to maccas with hubby for his brekky and I just got a plain english muffin with jam. So even in maccas I made it work! I didn't even feel like a hash brown or bacon and egg thing. The smell put me off.

So yes, another victory! :)

And yes, the measurements are a good thing. Each month I'll get out the measuring tape, put it around my waist, hips, etc. and hold it at the point I started. So I can actually see how much bigger I was!
shel_bel

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In