It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:48 am

Free Newsletter

Peg's Weigh in

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Peg's Weigh in

Postby Pegasus » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:39 am

Wow, First Week down.
I know I didnt loose a lot but very happy about a loss.
Yipee :D

Start Weight 76.8kg
Current Weight 76.0kg
Goal Weight 65.0kg
Start weight: 76.8kg
Current Weight: 74.5kg
Goal Weight: 65.0kg
Pegasus

Re: Peg's Weigh in

Postby Blitz » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:29 pm

That's a good solid start Peg. Good work - you should be proud of youself. :D

Keep those numbers coming!
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby mishy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:03 pm

Yay go you!
mishy

Postby Pegasus » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:14 am

So happy about weigh in day.....a loss is a loss :D

Start weight
3/3/13 76.8
10/3/13 76.0
17/3/13 75.5
Pegasus

Postby Blitz » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:21 pm

Excellent Peg...keep going and you'll get there in no time. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Pegasus » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:45 am

Was looking forward to weigh in day...............
Not so happy when I read the results..........
Stayed the same this week....75.5kg

Have had a few hours to reflect on my week and am vowing to fit more exercise in.
Am now happy that although I didn't' lose any weight at least I didn't gain any weight. So here's to a week of the same eating but heaps more exercise...
Pegasus

Postby fortyfour » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:40 pm

Remember successful weight loss is 2/3 diet and 1/3 exercise.

Do you weigh yourself only once a week? I think its better to weigh ourselves a few times a week so we get a sense of hte fluctuations. That way you will know if this weigh day is unusual and therefore not to be credited. It could be your water levels are up due to various reasons or it could be as you think, you've haven't lost any weight.

I used to weigh myself daily and saw this going on and i could nearly always know what had caused the sudden gain or loss. eg a day of intense exercise will probably be followed by a low weight unless you eat a chinese meal overnight.

Some times day of intense exercise can raise your water levels too. So when you get a whacky number, try to think what you did that could have caused the outcome and this way you will start to understand your weight loss. So long as you realise there are other factors in play apart from burning off fat.
Height - 165cm
Starting weight - 7 March 2013 - 83.6kg
weight - 21 March 2013 - 79.8kg
latest weight - 28 July 2013 - 77kg
fortyfour

Postby Blitz » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:06 pm

Don't get discouraged Peg. Learn from the week and grow from the experience. Remember this new lifestyle isn't going to hatch overnight!

Check your two levels of control. Am I making healthy food choices and are my portion sizes correct? Am I pushing my fitness level are just cruise at a comfortable routine level? When we start out the shock to the body of dietary and exercise changes give good results...then the body learns how to deal with the change so we always have to up the ante and keep the body pacing to our tune.

Keep your head and make sure good changes and the results will come. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby fortyfour » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:02 am

"When we start out the shock to the body of dietary and exercise changes give good results...then the body learns how to deal with the change so we always have to up the ante and keep the body pacing to our tune."

I just don't buy this argument. I think what's going on when people keep doing what has been working before is that as they have lost weight, they eventually reach a point where their calorie intake is matching their calorie burn and that's why they come to a plateau. So its when you get to a plateau that you need to reevaluate your calorie intake again. A lot of people fall into a trap of thinking they have to do more and more exercise. This is nonsense and of course becomes quickly unsustainable and people start to fail.

You need to use some charts and calculate how much your calorie intake should be for your height, current weight and energy output and then eat a bit less than that number of calories.

Also people don't measure their food accurately. I always measure my food. Some people who are obsessive about calorie counting maintain one should weigh the food but i am not that obsessive. I find measure my food, keeping a food log gives me something quite objective to observe my weight loss against.
Height - 165cm
fortyfour

Postby Pegasus » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:30 am

Thanks Kim and fortyfour....
Will take lots of things into consideration.....
I have been following the diet plan from this site and am happy with what I eat and how much I can eat....sometimes I don't eat all that is on the daily plan.....lots to consume....as I have posted in the past ....I feel like I'm eating like a King. I do weigh my food and I will start logging my intake so I can keep myself accountable.
Thanks again for the feedback....
Pegasus

Postby fortyfour » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi Peg

Can you tell me how to find the diet plan on this site. cheers Andrea
Height - 165cm
fortyfour

Postby Blitz » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:10 pm

Peg - if your food is looking ok then it may be time to up the exercise. This could either be length wise or intensity.

Andrea - long term you are right. That's the nasty plateau that you hit as you approach your goal. Short term plateaus are another kettle of fish. The body is always trying to match demand and tick itself over in the most effective way it can. That's ok in the real world for "normal" people but people who are losing weight are trying to rev that metabolism to achieve maximum results. Think in terms of driving a car. A modern car has a computer that tunes its engine for maximum fuel saving. We don't want to save fuel so we have to drive like a rev head! We race off at the lights...suddenly slow right down (speed trap or suddenly discover we are in the wrong lane) and then put the pedal to the metal again.

Another thing that is at play is the weight we carry. When I started this journey I was carrying 87 kilos of extra weight. Just living and moving that weight meant I was burning loads of calories. As I lost that weight I had to increase the length and intensity to make up the difference. If you like I was no longer exercising with an 87 kilo handicap so the calorie short fall had to be made up.

Then less calories you say? I was and still am on the minimal needs of my body. That lever has been pulled...any less and I compromise the healthy requirements of my body. That only leaves me with the exercise option. BTW I've never counted a calorie in my life. My wife who in her teens use to anorexic can look at a piece of food and give you the calories to the decimal point. I just have a general sense if a food is high or low...that's all I need to know. How big it looks on the plate is more important to me. It is about portion size. That's how the real people in the real world do it...so this is the skill we supersizers need to learn.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Pegasus » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:14 am

Pegasus

Postby fortyfour » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:58 pm

Thanks peg i'll check it out.
Height - 165cm
fortyfour

Postby Pegasus » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:08 am

Happy Easter....
Happy 1kg down this week 74.5kg
Instead of eggs hubby and I bought a new bigger fridge so we can keep lots of healthy food in it.
Pegasus

Next

Return to Weekly Weigh In