It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:24 am

Free Newsletter

buttless journey

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

buttless journey

Postby buttless » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:34 pm

Well hello there everyone in weightloss world. I have taken the Huge step to put my weightlossjourney out for all to see (gulp). I have just moved to the beautiful sunny coast have an abundance of beaches at my doorstep therefore no reason to sit on my lazy butt. Before xmas i had lost 7kg with 3kg to go to get to goal weight but boy after the last two months, with moving, christmas etc etc i ate & ate & prob et your share too i was bad !!!! So not looking forward to hearing the scales yelp :(
I have gone out updated the sportswear, have joined the twelve week challenge on here, am weighing in tmrw & promise i will put the reading up - that way i will be kept accountable. Im off now to have a look at the recipes on here oh & clean out the junk. Thanks for stopping by my little part of the forum :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ18xp3/]
buttless

Re: buttless journey

Postby ganymede » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:21 pm

buttless wrote:Well hello there everyone in weightloss world. I have taken the Huge step to put my weightlossjourney out for all to see (gulp). I have just moved to the beautiful sunny coast have an abundance of beaches at my doorstep therefore no reason to sit on my lazy butt. Before xmas i had lost 7kg with 3kg to go to get to goal weight but boy after the last two months, with moving, christmas etc etc i ate & ate & prob et your share too i was bad !!!! So not looking forward to hearing the scales yelp :(
I have gone out updated the sportswear, have joined the twelve week challenge on here, am weighing in tmrw & promise i will put the reading up - that way i will be kept accountable. Im off now to have a look at the recipes on here oh & clean out the junk. Thanks for stopping by my little part of the forum :)

Hi buttless and welcome! :) Plenty of awesome people here to help you on your journey! Always great to put it out there publicly to keep yourself accountable and I will be kicking your butt if I don't see you weighing in each week! :lol:

I think Xmas is a lot of peoples down fall, just gotta get back up and keep pushing forward.

All the best and glad to see you joined the challenge as well, I'm determined to see it through so please continue posting and keeping us up to date!
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby buttless » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:38 pm

Hi shelley,

thanks for replying, its great when you get a reply from someone. Yep will definitely post results & YES please do give me a swift kick if I don't post or keep accountable. I definitely do want to get down to goal weight and stay there!!!! birthday is at the end of January so would be good if I am there or as close as possible. weather permitting I will be on the beach tomorrow morning pushing through the sand - hubby made me do this the other day and by god your legs cane. if raining, I will get on the benches etc.
good luck with your journey, and I look forward to reading your journey as well together we can all do this. :D
buttless

Postby admin » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:11 am

Welcome Buttless
Great going losing 7kg prior to chrissy. It shows you can do it so now you have a huge incentive being on the sunnier side of the country.
It shouldn't be too hard for you, just a little more discipline and toss out the crap in your cupboards we have collected over christmas.
Good luck and look forward to your weigh in.
Cheers
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby buttless » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:04 am

well here it is peoples, a gain of 1.6kg taking my weight to 80.8kg over the xmas break, must say not as bad as I thought it would be so that is a good thing but not good for what I am trying to achieve. so its back on track today - going to hit the sand and push these legs through and brought a pack of 24 x 600ml water yesterday - need to up the water intake and less of the coke zero. i had my last piece of white mud cake last night, made it my self - first attempt, was quite pleased with myself actually, but you know how you just can't throw it away it just sits in the fridge and everytime you open the door its right there, so i'll be pushing it on the rest of the family today.

todays aim
exercise: get to the beach & walk through the soft part of the sand
food: 2 fruit & vegetables (no junk!!!!!!)
water: 2 litres - this will be interesting

oh look the sun is trying to break through the clouds maybe its a sign. :wink:

SW:80.8
GW: 76
CW: 80.8 7/1/14
buttless

Postby DD Diva » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:32 am

buttless wrote:oh look the bulge is trying to break through the clothes, maybe its a sign. :oops:
Sorry buttless, I couldn't resist that quote! Reminded me of how I feel whenever I tried on something that didn't fit, which thankfully is what drove me to join this forum! If stuff wasn't trying to escape, I'd probably be at the right weight and not have found this site and these wonderful people!

Anyway, to the real purpose of my post.......

Welcome buttless, you'll get lots of support from everyone here, and definitely lots of inspiration! They're awesome!!! :)
DD Diva

Postby buttless » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:46 pm

Much to my nearly 17 yo son's absolute horror, im dragging him out to drop 200 leaflets with me, he'd prefer to sit playing the computer & hibernate - good mother & son time i said, he he.
buttless

Postby admin » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:01 am

Hey that is a great idea....there are many companies who are desperate for people to do leaflet drops in the area - a win win I say - getting paid to walk. Good for you....and good for dragging your son out as well.
Cheers
admin
Site Admin

Postby buttless » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:40 am

okay, big slap on the bum for me - didn't get down to the sand yesterday :? but did take the girls out school shopping and didn't buy any junk food - I made sure we all had lunch before we left, so I didn't have any of that "I'm hungry" even though they are teenagers and I think sometimes that is worse, had my bottle of water with me and we set off. did the housework in the morning for the house inspection, which went well I must add - phew (always get a bit nervy when someone is coming into the look how I keep the house), & I dragged my son out in the afternoon to drop some flyers - didn't do 200 but still was out for 1hr & 30mins walking round and round the streets - it was good actually spending some time with him.

okay its back to work today - I'm a cleaner so at least I'm on my feet, then plan is to get down to that beach!!!!! will be taking ww snacks with me to work & a bottle of water.

hey must share, last night I cooked the beef tortilla stack- have you tried that -its awesome!!!! but I had only a small piece and added some salad with it, usually I would have a HUGE slice and that would be it, did the same for the kids and there was no whingeing - was very happy.

wishing everyone a happy & stress free day 8)
buttless

Postby ganymede » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:14 am

buttless wrote:okay, big slap on the bum for me - didn't get down to the sand yesterday :? but did take the girls out school shopping and didn't buy any junk food - I made sure we all had lunch before we left, so I didn't have any of that "I'm hungry" even though they are teenagers and I think sometimes that is worse, had my bottle of water with me and we set off. did the housework in the morning for the house inspection, which went well I must add - phew (always get a bit nervy when someone is coming into the look how I keep the house), & I dragged my son out in the afternoon to drop some flyers - didn't do 200 but still was out for 1hr & 30mins walking round and round the streets - it was good actually spending some time with him.

okay its back to work today - I'm a cleaner so at least I'm on my feet, then plan is to get down to that beach!!!!! will be taking ww snacks with me to work & a bottle of water.

hey must share, last night I cooked the beef tortilla stack- have you tried that -its awesome!!!! but I had only a small piece and added some salad with it, usually I would have a HUGE slice and that would be it, did the same for the kids and there was no whingeing - was very happy.

wishing everyone a happy & stress free day 8)

Despite the fact you didn't do a walk, at least you were still active throughout the day and that would make a huge difference. I try not to make excuses for not exercising because I can be a bit of a glutton for excuse making - any excuse will do :lol:

That's great you got to spend some quality time with your son and doing something active, I think that's a win for the day all the same :)

That tortilla stack sounds amazing (I can't eat red meat or chicken but lentils could work). I have had the Lite n Easy tortilla stack which is vege and OMG, it is amazing! If they weren't so expensive, I'd get a few. Will have to try out making my own.

You better get to that beach today or I'm coming to kick your butt! :P

I have weigh in tomorrow so am all about light eating today. Hope you have a great day, one step at a time!
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby buttless » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:50 pm

Well miss shelley, i did in fact get down to the beach & i worked this bod i actually ran, now anyone that knows me will testify that i will NOT run & not in public either well today i did!!!! My darling husband, who is a sadist lol pushed me to keep pushing thru the sand, then on top of that we ran up the little hill back&forth 3 times, he tells me next time we aim for 5 times - are u kidding??? I thought my lungs were going to explode, face was red as anything & talk about sweat but it was great. Feeling the legs now and am prob going to be sore tmrw but at the end of the day i did it alsoput out about 100 flyers into letterboxes so all in all has been a very active day. Feeling quite chuffed with myself. :D
buttless

Postby ganymede » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:12 pm

buttless wrote:Well miss shelley, i did in fact get down to the beach & i worked this bod i actually ran, now anyone that knows me will testify that i will NOT run & not in public either well today i did!!!! My darling husband, who is a sadist lol pushed me to keep pushing thru the sand, then on top of that we ran up the little hill back&forth 3 times, he tells me next time we aim for 5 times - are u kidding??? I thought my lungs were going to explode, face was red as anything & talk about sweat but it was great. Feeling the legs now and am prob going to be sore tmrw but at the end of the day i did it alsoput out about 100 flyers into letterboxes so all in all has been a very active day. Feeling quite chuffed with myself. :D

YES!!!!! THAT'S what I want to here, B! You absolutely killed it, good on you for sticking to your guns! Isn't is silly how we always dread exercise (well I do at least lol) but when it's done and dusted, we feel amazing! Just gotta take that first step.

Success! Keep that fire burning :)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby buttless » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:10 pm

walking done this morning, food wasn't too exciting today, travelled to see family & friends so was nibbling on special k bars and3 weight watchers cookies - not real bad but then again not real nutritious either but did well normally I would grab a chocolate bar and chow down on that so all in all I think I did okay. had a chicken schnitzel burger for dinner, home cooked but it was crumbed chicken brought from the butcher - not exactly lose weight material so will have to do extra exercise tomorrow - errrrr
buttless

Postby admin » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:08 am

Its all about making change so switching from chocolate bars to something like that is better...then you can switch from those bars to something else down the track. Don't beat yourself up too much, eating at someone else place is difficult.
What you need to do is if you have a not so good food day yesterday then make an extra special effort the next day. Have a banana for a mid morning snack today.
Hope today is better food wise.
Cheers
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby ganymede » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:51 am

buttless wrote:walking done this morning, food wasn't too exciting today, travelled to see family & friends so was nibbling on special k bars and3 weight watchers cookies - not real bad but then again not real nutritious either but did well normally I would grab a chocolate bar and chow down on that so all in all I think I did okay. had a chicken schnitzel burger for dinner, home cooked but it was crumbed chicken brought from the butcher - not exactly lose weight material so will have to do extra exercise tomorrow - errrrr

It could have been worse, B! At least you were aware of it and tried your best to make better choices. It is definitely a process and one we tend to stumble through if we don't plan ahead. This time around I have done a LOT of planning because I don't want to be caught out and go over my goal calories because of a silly mistake or not being prepared to deal with it.

I have written up a detailed eating plan which I tweak when I need to or for something different so I don't get snacky and I plan my shopping around this every week. Maybe it's a good idea to write up a list of healthy snacks and have them available to take with you next time?

Some snacks I recommend:

Fruit (just keep an eye on the sugar intake)
Carrots/Celery
Low Joule Jelly - Weight Watcher's do small tubs of jelly and fruit, very low cal ;)
Sparkling Mineral Water - the bubbles fill you up and it keeps you hydrated!
Try to find some low fat, lower sugar muesli bars to have on hand (sometimes Special K/Weight Watcher's ones aren't great although I think WW are better when it comes to sugar)

If you do have a burger, make sure it's a wholemeal bun - one of the small Woolies ones etc, no butter, try to do the shnitzels in the oven to avoid excess oil/fat and only put on what you need ie salad, NO cheese. It will still be delicious but you won't feel as bad afterwards! At least then you can still have a "treat" without feeling disgusting afterwards :lol:
Sultanas - the little boxes are good for the sweet cravings!
- Shelley

ganymede

Next

Return to Weekly Weigh In