It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:10 am

Free Newsletter

buttless journey

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: buttless journey

Postby buttless » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:44 pm

Blitz wrote:That's an excellent result! I feel you joy...getting so close to that victory lap! 8)

You have been working real hard and deserve your success!

...and a Happy Easter - and a victorious week ahead! :D

Kim

Thanks heaps kim,, i feel awesome. The big victory dance is coming. well i brought my pedometer today & have done 10,551 steps since this arvo - went on a massive mountain walk, couldnt believe it. Am going to wear it tmrw on a "normal" day & see what i step. My aim is no less than 10k & will push to see if i can do the 20k. But for now im off to bed, im absolutely beat.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ18xp3/]
buttless

Postby DD Diva » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:22 am

buttless wrote:woohoo - loss of 1kg, i'll take that thanks :lol:

WELL DONE BUTTLESS!!! You go girl!!! :wink:

I feel pretty good too, I've lost 1.1kg this week and broke through the 87's! 8)

Now I've just gotta get through today's battle...... :oops:
DD Diva

Postby Matt76 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:18 pm

How are you going resisting the eggs?
Matt76

Postby buttless » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:35 pm

Matt76 wrote:How are you going resisting the eggs?

I am proud to say i have not had one chocolate egg not even a morsel & i actually dont feel like ive missed out which is bloomin amazing. I did make a ww recipe pavlova & am about to tuck into that shortly - cant wait. How bout u, did u manage to survive the day without devouring everything in sight he he
buttless

Postby Matt76 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:59 pm

I am proud to say I didn't have a single one either. I really struggled though, I love chocolate so much! It was really hard mid afternoon but instead of giving in I went for a walk/run around the neighbourhood. I'm glad I did.
Matt76

Postby Blitz » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:35 pm

Ww pavlova sounds like a impossibility! What's in it - and what's it's calorie count? Greedy pav lover wants to know! :lol:

You are both doing so well. Being both so close to reaching goal and standing firm at this difficult time of the year just shows how much character you have. This last bit is so very tough but you are both doing it with style! 8)

Keep reaching for it - you are almost there! :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:07 am

I agree with Kim. Pavlova is too delicious not to be VERY bad for you! :lol: I'm intrigued though...

Good on you for resisting that chocolate, B! You're sooooo close! Keep that fire burning :)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby buttless » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:57 am

ohhh look a gain of 1kg - again!!!!! this does your head in. it has to be the snacking. I am walking approx. 13,000+ steps a day (can't believe it) I feel absolutely great, I am over the moon with how I look, clothes are fitting me a lot easier but those damned scales don't want to move in the right direction. I lose a kg I put on a kg.

this week I am going to track everything that goes into my mouth to find out what's happening - I MUST be eating items and forgetting about it &by the end of the week - GOT TO STOP!!!!!
buttless

Postby Blitz » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:14 am

It will be the snacking for sure. Keep it together and keep your focus! 8)

You can do it...push to that finishing line!

Kim
Blitz

Postby buttless » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:31 am

had to share..... last night I had homemade chicken parmigiana for dinner now had all intentions of cooking it in the oven, the family decided they wanted crispy skin so gave in. I cooked the chicken in light olive oil marg but bucket loads of it and boy oh boy oh boy when I put little pieces of the skin that had come off in the pan - oh myyyyy god the tastebuds thought they were at a disco - they luuuuvvved it, it was buttery, crunchy & oh so damn nice!!!! I devoured my piece and was nearly drooling at the taste - enjoyed every blissful mouthful. but did I stop there hell no!!!! to top it off (must have been the buttery taste) I devoured my son's half large cherry ripe easter shell - ahhhhhh heaven - stomach was bloated as hell but my mouth thought it was to die for. now lets talk about this morning - OH MY GOD I feel like absolute crap!!!!! my gut is heavy but empty at the same time if you get what I mean, my body is all jittery and very weak. I did 14645 steps yesterday, god I do not want to know how many steps I need to do just to work off what I devoured last night - itd probably be a bloody marathon.
recovery day today back to the fruit & vegies & a whole lotta walkin :roll:
buttless

Postby Blitz » Thu May 01, 2014 4:15 am

It is all part of the learning process.

As you have discovered it is far easier not to start something than it is stopping once started! :shock:
One of thing things that helps me not to travel down that path is thinking about just how much exercise I need to do to burn off the extra calories if I do decide to indulge. My basic laziness then kicks in and I can tell myself it isn't worth it! :lol:

Interestingly, you've also discovered that this type of food isn't wholesome for your body - that it fills but doesn't satisfy and that what your body really wants these days is good healthy food. :D

Now walk that baby off...you ate it - now you own it! :shock: :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby Tams » Sat May 03, 2014 5:09 pm

And to terrify you for next time...marg is not very good for you, and evil if you heat it. It has a low heat point, so oxidises quickly - this leads to hydrogenated fats (and being marg, it already has those!) aka trans fats, and those babies are more difficult to burn than regular fat, go straight into plaque on your arteries, AND are inflammatory. Stick with a natural fat (olive oil, canola oil, and yes...even butter would be healthier!)

If you remember how evil trans fats are, it will also terrify you out of wanting any baked goods (cakes, pastries, biscuits) from places like coles or woolies, cause they use the cheap and nasty fats in their products!! (Umm, did I ever mention that fear was one of my biggest motivators??!!! :lol: )

Out of interest, how long do you think it takes you to 'recover' from feeling yuk after eating something bad? For me, it's usually three days, sigh. If only I'd remember that at the time! Funny how selective our memories become in the face of cravings.
Tams

Postby buttless » Sat May 03, 2014 5:22 pm

Tams wrote:And to terrify you for next time...marg is not very good for you, and evil if you heat it. It has a low heat point, so oxidises quickly - this leads to hydrogenated fats (and being marg, it already has those!) aka trans fats, and those babies are more difficult to burn than regular fat, go straight into plaque on your arteries, AND are inflammatory. Stick with a natural fat (olive oil, canola oil, and yes...even butter would be healthier!)

If you remember how evil trans fats are, it will also terrify you out of wanting any baked goods (cakes, pastries, biscuits) from places like coles or woolies, cause they use the cheap and nasty fats in their products!! (Umm, did I ever mention that fear was one of my biggest motivators??!!! :lol: )

Out of interest, how long do you think it takes you to 'recover' from feeling yuk after eating something bad? For me, it's usually three days, sigh. If only I'd remember that at the time! Funny how selective our memories become in the face of cravings.

Hi Tams, it usually takes me about 2 days to get back into things & feel good but that's only if I hit it hard (exercise & food). I know what you mean about the baked goodies in woollies & coles they look so tasty especially when you go in the shop first thing in the morning and you can smell them cooking - drool drool drool but yes when you remember back to how you felt last time you ate them you quickly get over the smell.
buttless

Postby buttless » Sat May 03, 2014 5:27 pm

woohoo loss of 1.4kg this week thank god that parmigiana didn't bite me on the butt afterall - I really thought it would have. learnt that lesson never again!!!! have had the recipe books out ready for the new week going to try new recipes to spice things up a bit and get out of the boring same ole same ole. fitted into a new pair of black slim jeans that I brought from target straight off the rack - cannot believe it, so I've been walking round with a huge grin on my face all day - its an awesome feeling when you can see the results you are working so hard for.
buttless

Postby Blitz » Sun May 04, 2014 7:11 pm

Very good loss Buttless! You must be doing a few things right! Excellent! :D

Isn't it an fantastic feeling getting something off the rack and looking good in it? It certainly helps with the motivation! 8) :lol:

Keep at it...if you work it hard; those black slim jeans will become your BAGGY black slim jeans! :shock: :D

Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In