It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:28 pm

Free Newsletter

buttless journey

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: buttless journey

Postby buttless » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:39 pm

Thanks for those ideas shelley i will start planning - there is nothing worse when you are out somewhere & you are hungry. Jelly of course i have the jelly lite packets sitting in my pantry just made the vanilla berry up (totally forgot they were there) & yes i have carrot & celery that stares me in the face everytime i open the fridgeit all comes down to planning. I must go back to grain bread too ive been buying the white as thats what the kids eat & just grabbing that naughty i know! Hey have u tried the frozen banana desert it tastes sort of like ice cream, made it before (took a bit of blending in my lil rocket thing but got there in the end) wasnt bad - im a terrible sweets eater.for breakfast today i dragged the oats out & had a dish of that - yummie. See i have most of these foods but forget their there. Tmrw i will look forward to jelly lite & natural yoghurt mmmmm
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ18xp3/]
buttless

Postby ganymede » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:03 pm

buttless wrote:Thanks for those ideas shelley i will start planning - there is nothing worse when you are out somewhere & you are hungry. Jelly of course i have the jelly lite packets sitting in my pantry just made the vanilla berry up (totally forgot they were there) & yes i have carrot & celery that stares me in the face everytime i open the fridgeit all comes down to planning. I must go back to grain bread too ive been buying the white as thats what the kids eat & just grabbing that naughty i know! Hey have u tried the frozen banana desert it tastes sort of like ice cream, made it before (took a bit of blending in my lil rocket thing but got there in the end) wasnt bad - im a terrible sweets eater.for breakfast today i dragged the oats out & had a dish of that - yummie. See i have most of these foods but forget their there. Tmrw i will look forward to jelly lite & natural yoghurt mmmmm

I literally could not believe how easy things were once I had it all planned out! Then all I had to do was look at what to get out of the freezer/fridge for my food for the day and make sure it was ready to make. I don't know what I'd do without low joule jelly :lol:

What brand is the banana dessert you're talking about? I know Weight Watcher's do a packet chocolate mousse which is not too bad really and the cals aren't that horrible.

Also, if you're really craving something sweet you can have a slice of wholemeal toast with a small amount of strawberry jam. Most are not too bad just watch the sugar content. I know Woolworths Select one is 39 calories for 15g. But yes, if you plan ahead for the week, it definitely makes things easier for staying on track! :)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby buttless » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:49 am

well, did a sneak weigh in before tomorrow and have not made one ounce of change - still the same weight - on one hand that is great I haven't put any on but on the other I'm here to LOSE weight - will have to make today count and watch what I put in my mouth today. I feel great, have been doing exercises but have been eating when I wanted to - yesterday I had two jam sandwiches on fresh white bread (drool drool drool) who can resist fresh bread - I know I should be eating grain bread but rest of family don't like it and at the moment its just not worth it - I only usually have bread at lunch on a salad sandwich & that's all.

the banana dessert is literally a frozen banana blended in a blender or if you are like me use a rocket thingy but it takes a-g-e-s. oh tip, peel the skin off the banana first and chop into pieces then freeze on a tray - it will make it so much easier (I didn't peel it nor cut into bite size pieces). comes out the consistency of soft serve icecream. I'm going to try frozen mango with natural yoghurt for dessert tonight - can't remember where I read that one but sounded nice - only frozen mango pieces and yoghurt blended together.

hey, question how do you guys do that thing where what the previous person has written appears at the top of your blog ("buttless wrote") cant work it out for thelife of me. shall weigh in tomorrow morning first thing and put my results up.

wishing you all a fantastic day :P
buttless

Postby DD Diva » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:28 pm

buttless wrote:hey, question how do you guys do that thing where what the previous person has written appears at the top of your blog ("buttless wrote") cant work it out for thelife of me. shall weigh in tomorrow morning first thing and put my results up.

wishing you all a fantastic day :P
Hey Butless,
To quote any part of the post you wish to comment on, click on the "quote" button (top right hand corner of the person's post and it will pick up the entire post, and you can modify it deleting any bits you don't want to use.

With regard to your weight, don't worry, you may be surprised yet, there's a full day ahead of you and your body may not show any sign of loss until the last day (happens to me often!). Even so, let's just say you don't lose but manage to stay the same for the week, that is still ok and if you've been eating right and exercising you may have built up some muscle (which weighs more than fat) hence won't appear on the scales. That's why it's good idea to take measurements or use your clothes as a gauge on how you're progressing.

Best of luck for the morning's weigh in! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby buttless » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:19 am

NOT HAPPY AT ALL :( :!: :?:
yesterday I did a sneak weigh in just to see where I was at and the scales had not changed one ounce so all in all was happy with that because there was no gain - no change but no gain. jumped on this morning and what the hell I have gained 100gm - now I did everything by the book so to speak yesterday, I watched what I ate, drank the 2ltrs of water (amazing), even cleaned ceiling fans & went for my afternoon walk, the only thing I could possibly put it down to was that I had a wholemeal slice of toast with little marg & 1/2 tin baked beans at about 4pm yesterday afternoon - was starving!!!! other than that I was good as gold.
buttless

Postby DD Diva » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:49 am

buttless wrote:NOT HAPPY AT ALL :( :!: :?:
yesterday I did a sneak weigh in just to see where I was at and the scales had not changed one ounce so all in all was happy with that because there was no gain - no change but no gain. jumped on this morning and what the hell I have gained 100gm - now I did everything by the book so to speak yesterday, I watched what I ate, drank the 2ltrs of water (amazing), even cleaned ceiling fans & went for my afternoon walk, the only thing I could possibly put it down to was that I had a wholemeal slice of toast with little marg & 1/2 tin baked beans at about 4pm yesterday afternoon - was starving!!!! other than that I was good as gold.
Hey Butless,

Did you know that water weighs too? 2 litres (an although feat, well done!) generally can show up quite a bit on the scales if all that fluid doesn't pass through your system before you stand on them! :cry: Not to mention muscle gain that may have occurred as a result of your daily activities, all of which weighs a bit too. So please don't despair. Yesterday's efforts will be rewarded next week as long as you stay focussed and on track. Think of it as "delayed gratification" a little (continued) effort now and next week you'll have twice the loss; you'll see. :wink:

Besides....I reckon I can gain 100g from simply walking past Baker's Delight and inhaling the smell of freshly baked bread! :roll:
DD Diva

Postby buttless » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:08 pm

[quote="DD DivaHey Butless,

Did you know that water weighs too? 2 litres (an although feat, well done!) generally can show up quite a bit on the scales if all that fluid doesn't pass through your system before you stand on them! :cry: Not to mention muscle gain that may have occurred as a result of your daily activities, all of which weighs a bit too. So please don't despair. Yesterday's efforts will be rewarded next week as long as you stay focussed and on track. Think of it as "delayed gratification" a little (continued) effort now and next week you'll have twice the loss; you'll see. :wink:

Besides....I reckon I can gain 100g from simply walking past Baker's Delight and inhaling the smell of freshly baked bread! :roll:[/quote]

hey diva, haven't given up and still on track to the goal line - I feel great within and the clothes are getting loser so am focussing on that. just gets depressing when the scales don't reflect the work you put in but as you say I will see the results next week, onward and upward I say. hope your week is going along great guns.
buttless

Postby ganymede » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:42 pm

DD Diva wrote:
buttless wrote:NOT HAPPY AT ALL :( :!: :?:

Besides....I reckon I can gain 100g from simply walking past Baker's Delight and inhaling the smell of freshly baked bread! :roll:

:lol: :lol: I have to agree with you there, Diva! Especially those pull apart loaves :shock: Amazingggggg!

Don't be disheartened, B, I always find it makes me angry and want to do an epic exercise to kick my body's butt :evil: If anything just take it as added motivation and as Diva said, you may not see a loss now but you will! Put in the hard yards = get results, it's as simple as that. We just need to not let our bodies play mind games with us and make us feel uncertain and flat. Keep at it! :mrgreen:
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby buttless » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:05 pm

yes...... the smell of fresh bread gets me everytime - that's why I try and avoid bakery shops as best I can. I once knew a lady that every sunday she would walk an hour return trip to her bakery to buy a loaf of fresh white bread and have one piece - are you kidding??? I couldn't have ONE piece - I'd eat half the loaf at least ha ha. it was her treat to herself if she had lost weight that week talk about will power (one piece).
buttless

Postby buttless » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:28 am

was quite happy with myself yesterday - i was craving chocolate, you know those moments when it just pops in your head and then you just HAVE to have it and youll do anything to get it. well i took myself off to the shop and brought a two pack of the nestle diet chocolate mousse and had one of those instead with a little meringue nest squished up and mixed through - yummmooooo - made sure i gave the other one to my daughter otherwise i could have eaten that too. but was quite chuffed with myself - chocolate craving was satisfied and i didn't blow the weight - awesome!!!!!
buttless

Postby buttless » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:45 am

weighed in this morning and the results are: drum roll - 1.5kg loss, now that's what im talking bout :D :D am sooo happy that the scales are showing the results to reflect the effort I am putting in booyah. that finish line is within sight, more healthier eating, lots of drinking water & bucket loads of sweat and I'll get there.

have an awesome day everyone :P
buttless

Postby DD Diva » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:01 am

buttless wrote:weighed in this morning and the results are: drum roll - 1.5kg loss, now that's what im talking bout :D :D am sooo happy that the scales are showing the results to reflect the effort I am putting in booyah. that finish line is within sight, more healthier eating, lots of drinking water & bucket loads of sweat and I'll get there.

have an awesome day everyone :P

YOU DID IT!!!!!! :wink: Awesome Buttless, I knew you would pull out a good number after the disappointing result last week. Now don't you feel silly for beating yourself up over nothing??? :lol: Seriously, that's great!!! Keep up the good work, you'll most likely have made your challenge goal by the time I get back from holidays, now won't that be fantastic huh??? :wink:
DD Diva

Postby buttless » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:00 pm

[quote="DD Diva
YOU DID IT!!!!!! :wink: Awesome Buttless, I knew you would pull out a good number after the disappointing result last week. Now don't you feel silly for beating yourself up over nothing??? :lol: Seriously, that's great!!! Keep up the good work, you'll most likely have made your challenge goal by the time I get back from holidays, now won't that be fantastic huh??? :wink:[/quote]

hi Diva,

thanks so much for your post, am still feeling quite chuffed I must say. yes I do feel silly for getting upset over gaining 100gm but no one wants a GAIN. this week has given me more determination to get to the result I want. I don't want to LOSE the weight - cause I don't want to ever FIND it again - I want it gone gone gone out into the never ever land :D

When do you leave for the US????
buttless

Postby buttless » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:57 am

its the big birthday today peoples, out for dinner tonight and am allowing myself one piece of the freddo ice cream cake - yummo got to see how many lil freddos I get in my slice :lol:

am off for a 45 min walk now and then will work the butt this weekend so hopefully no damage will be reflected on the scales on Tuesday but if there is so be it I is only human (that's what I say now, but wait until the actual weigh in day ha.

have a great day all
buttless

Postby ganymede » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:43 am

buttless wrote:its the big birthday today peoples, out for dinner tonight and am allowing myself one piece of the freddo ice cream cake - yummo got to see how many lil freddos I get in my slice :lol:

am off for a 45 min walk now and then will work the butt this weekend so hopefully no damage will be reflected on the scales on Tuesday but if there is so be it I is only human (that's what I say now, but wait until the actual weigh in day ha.

have a great day all

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! *throws confetti*

You'll be fine, B. Just remember to eat slowly, try not to get caught up in conversation and be munching away unknowingly. Instead, put that knife and fork down while you chew and chat and let the food start to settle. You will find you're more satisfied without cleaning your whole plate and if there are left overs, ask to take them home with you or accept you didn't eat it all and you paid for a good meal and a good meal you had ;)

A little bit of cake on your birthday is never a bad thing! :D That's good that you've portioned out your slice so you know exactly what's going into your body for the day. As you said, if you keep working hard over the weekend, one meal should not blow it. If anything you may find that one big meal will make your body go "Huh!?"

That's what you do for plateaus, is change up the eating and exercise so it may make a difference. Just don't stress over it too much, I find if I stress about it, my body goes to what I like to call "battle stations" in which is protects itself from any and all harm, including weight loss :roll:
- Shelley

ganymede

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In