It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:14 pm

Free Newsletter

buttless journey

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: buttless journey

Postby DD Diva » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:34 am

Blitz wrote:
DD Diva wrote:What I was trying to say (I sooooooooooo hate not being able to "edit" posts!!!! :evil: )

Let it go Diva...let it go... :lol: :wink:

Kim

Yep, done! Over it...... :roll: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:04 pm

Diva...I can edit this for you if you want (he said in a teasing and mischief manner)? :lol: :wink:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby buttless » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:29 pm

you guys are hilarious!!!!

yes I do struggle to drink enough water, I take a 600ml bottle with me with the intention of filling it up and drinking HA!!!! I'm lucky if I fill it once. I must get on top of this especially with winter don't want to turn into a wrinkly ole prune :lol: :lol: (no comments from the peanut gallery)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ18xp3/]
buttless

Postby Blitz » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:31 pm

I put a little bit of lemon juice in my water (like a weak cordial) just to give it some interest and "bite".
Teas and coffee aren't as bad as most people believe - they are mostly hot water! In this weather they are very satisfying. The key things to remember are - moderation, not too much milk and NO SUGAR!

I'm biting my tongue real bad over your "wrinkly ole prune" comment...such a tempting target! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:49 pm

Blitz wrote:Diva...I can edit this for you if you want (he said in a teasing and mischief manner)? :lol: :wink:

Kim

Knock yourself out Kim, censor, cut, modify, whatever floats your boat......but please be gentle, I bruise easy!!! :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:56 am

No I must remain strong - and not abuse the power entrusted to me...you're safe. :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Postby buttless » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:53 am

Good Morning all,

popped on the scales this morning and woohoo 74.6kg finally broke through the 75kg barrier. I have gone back the good ole vegies and fruit - and really watch what I eat for snacks, that was & is my biggest downfall. I plan the night before what I am going to eat and well the results speak for themselves it does work!!!

have a great week :D
buttless

Postby DD Diva » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:03 am

buttless wrote:Good Morning all,

popped on the scales this morning and woohoo 74.6kg finally broke through the 75kg barrier. I have gone back the good ole vegies and fruit - and really watch what I eat for snacks, that was & is my biggest downfall. I plan the night before what I am going to eat and well the results speak for themselves it does work!!!

have a great week :D

Hey Buttless, that is AWESOME!!!! Well done gf, that is really good news, and so encouraging to see you keeping on track and really shining through maintenance (or should I say, your new LIFE style routine). Keep up the good work B and you enjoy your week too xx :wink:
p.s. Yes I tend to map out a (rough guide) generally 2-3 days in advance, which is sometimes tweaked here and there during the day but overall, I know EXACTLY what I'm going to have and yes, it works!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:42 pm

Excellent result from an excellent effort! 8)

Those snacks at the end of the journey really do play with you. But you finally tackled it head on and won through. Good work! :D

In maintenance, you will find the going a bit easier...but watch the snacks that is the wedge that can take you down.
Vigilance is the key word in maintenance.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Matt76 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:36 pm

I hope you realise how well you have done! You should be stoked
Matt76

Postby buttless » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:45 pm

hi All,

just wanted to drop by and see how you are all travelling along - some of you seem to have 'stopped" which is a real shame. Me, I now weigh an amazing 72.4kg I cannot believe it I pinch myself nearly everyday. I gave a motivational speech the other day at a weight watchers meeting - scary as that was, it was very liberating as well. I am to do another one on Thursday. I have been attending weight watchers for a little while now and absolutely love it - it keeps me accountable with the weight. I have also been asked to be a volunteer for my meeting to welcome people as they walk through the door and basically be the face they can come to and speak - who would have thought all those months ago when I was struggling with my weight this is where I would end up?????

I really hope you all travel to the end of your journey and I wish you all the very very best :)
buttless

Postby Blitz » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:45 pm

I'm so happy for you! 8)

I know the excitement you must be feeling right now.
I see that you too are developing a real passion to help others on their path to success.
As for me, I have to stop myself from collaring large sized strangers walking (waddling) down the street.
I see them and I just want to turn them onto the hope that they too can change their life dramatically and have a better future! :)

Don't forget that this is a two part journey. Losing the weight is one thing but keeping it off for life is what really counts.
You have the skills set to do it - the only thing is to remain vigilant and never let that healthy lifestyle slip away from you.
I've just started a thread in the Maintenance section where I'll be posting 101 thoughts on maintaining your weight loss.
Please check it out from time to time as something in it may be helpful for your continuing success.

Yes, it is quiet in the Forum at the moment. I don't think people have "stopped" in the final sense of the word. More like keeping away and licking their wounds. There are a lot lurkers around lately and I think they are mostly made up of the regulars gathering encouragement, strength and hope after some tough times. It's never over until you give up - and most of them are very good at not giving up.
It is a pity however that when times get tough that people chose to isolate themselves when the best thing they can do for themselves is embrace the community of the like minded for support. It is understandably a human thing to do - but not very helpful. :(

Enjoy your better future - but value it enough not to let it slip away! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:00 am

Blitz wrote:I'm so happy for you! 8)

Yes, it is quiet in the Forum at the moment. I don't think people have "stopped" in the final sense of the word. More like keeping away and licking their wounds. There are a lot lurkers around lately and I think they are mostly made up of the regulars gathering encouragement, strength and hope after some tough times. It's never over until you give up - and most of them are very good at not giving up.
It is a pity however that when times get tough that people chose to isolate themselves when the best thing they can do for themselves is embrace the community of the like minded for support. It is understandably a human thing to do - but not very helpful. :(

Enjoy your better future - but value it enough not to let it slip away! :D

Hey Buttless,

Congrats!!! You're not only keeping the weight off, but you've gotten to an even lower number than when you used to be a regular!!! That's fantastic, and it's so good to see you here (even if only periodically) you're an inspiration to us all!!! xx :)

Well I've been away for a week (today since my last post actually) and though not because of "licking my wounds" I didn't even know (until this morning) I had any licking that needed to be done!!! Well it looks like my tongues going to get a MAJOR work-out!!!

After a week of being MIA.....I'm up 3.6kg!!! :shock: :oops:

Will explain more in my own thread, it's not right that I hijack yours B.

Anyway, great to see you here; don't be a stranger, it's awesome hearing from people on maintenance (it's encouraging)!! :D
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:20 am

So great to hear from you, B and WOW, what an inspiration you are! :D Congrats on the WW talks, you must be feeling simply on top of the world and you deserve it :)

I haven't stopped, not by a long shot. It's explained in my thread my struggle of late. I am trying to stay more active on here so we can all support each other in this journey.

Really good to hear from you!
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Matt76 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:22 pm

Wow good on you!
I don't think we need to tell you how well you have done, I'm sure the mirror will do it for us! Congrats on trying to help other people do it too!
Matt76

Previous

Return to Weekly Weigh In