It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:10 pm

Free Newsletter

buttless journey

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: buttless journey

Postby DD Diva » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:00 am

buttless wrote:gain of 1.2kg :x
I'm off here for a while, I'm sick and tired of it all - I haven't eaten anything bad as in junk food, if I can't eat the food I want within reason (haven't had any chocolate or the like this week) and have a week were I'm not pushing myself to the ground because I have other things that need doing then what's that - I want to live and enjoy life not be tied to a set of scales.

I'm just cannot believe it - have a great loss one week and then a bloody huge gain the next.

I wish you all the very best with your weight journeys

Oh Butless,

Please don't be disheartened. I know that sounds lame, and really unhelpful when you're feeling so down about the radically fluctuations, ESPECIALLY when you've done all the right things, and even deprived yourself of any indulgences like chocolate BUT I can tell you without any doubt, that if you can look beyond the yo-yo-ing, THERE WILL BE A PAY OFF!!!

The body has a innate way of balancing itself out, and what will be stored as fat or as muscle. And that's probably what's happened; YOU GAINED MUSCLE which as you know, weighs a lot more than fat. :evil:

Don't beat yourself up Butless, please. You're doing really really well; remember where you were at the beginning of the year and see the progress you've made so far. Why not ditch the scales, and go try on a dress or pair of pants that you couldn't get into over Christmas/New Year, see if they fit, and if they do, there's your answer!

PLEASE BUTLESS, DON'T LET THE NUMBER OF THE SCALES SABOTAGE ALL YOUR EFFORTS, YOUR GREAT WORK AND WHAT YOU'VE ACHIEVED SO FAR!

XX
Diva
DD Diva

Postby buttless » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:22 pm

DD Diva wrote:
buttless wrote:gain of 1.2kg :x
I'm off here for a while, I'm sick and tired of it all - I haven't eaten anything bad as in junk food, if I can't eat the food I want within reason (haven't had any chocolate or the like this week) and have a week were I'm not pushing myself to the ground because I have other things that need doing then what's that - I want to live and enjoy life not be tied to a set of scales.

I'm just cannot believe it - have a great loss one week and then a bloody huge gain the next.

I wish you all the very best with your weight journeys

Oh Butless,

Please don't be disheartened. I know that sounds lame, and really unhelpful when you're feeling so down about the radically fluctuations, ESPECIALLY when you've done all the right things, and even deprived yourself of any indulgences like chocolate BUT I can tell you without any doubt, that if you can look beyond the yo-yo-ing, THERE WILL BE A PAY OFF!!!

The body has a innate way of balancing itself out, and what will be stored as fat or as muscle. And that's probably what's happened; YOU GAINED MUSCLE which as you know, weighs a lot more than fat. :evil:

Don't beat yourself up Butless, please. You're doing really really well; remember where you were at the beginning of the year and see the progress you've made so far. Why not ditch the scales, and go try on a dress or pair of pants that you couldn't get into over Christmas/New Year, see if they fit, and if they do, there's your answer!

PLEASE BUTLESS, DON'T LET THE NUMBER OF THE SCALES SABOTAGE ALL YOUR EFFORTS, YOUR GREAT WORK AND WHAT YOU'VE ACHIEVED SO FAR!

XX
Diva

hey Diva,

thanks so much for your support - I can't give up even if I tried, its ingrained in me to finish what I started - I WANT to get to the finish line, it is just soooo frustrating some times when the numbers don't fall your way. I hear you about the clothes and they are fitting much much better, actually wore a pair of pants today that usually I have a muffin top, but NOPE all gone - woohoo so I celebrate that and believe me extremely happy but I can't get past the numbers :? you do all the right things and sometimes they just don't fall your way. I took yesterday out just to mull over a few things, didn't even eat anything too bad actually I think the worst was two white choc chip & macadamia cookies from woollies, didn't scoff any chocolate or cake which is saying something for me ha ha ha. Once again, thanks so much for stopping by and giving me those inspiring words its great to know there are people out there that are travelling right along side you. don't worry I won't fall off the wagon, its too bloody hard to get back on, i'll keep on ploddin along and the finish line WILL be MINE.....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ18xp3/]
buttless

Postby Blitz » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:47 pm

Buttless...it's the steep part of the crest of the hill! Once you get there the view from the top will make it all worthwhile! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Matt76 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:23 am

Hang in there! I am struggling with the numbers as well, they seem really hard to lose as you get closer to goal. I've kind of changed plan a little bit, at the start I was on a mission to lose weight fast and blitz it, but even though now that the numbers are dropping really slowly or not dropping at all, I am comfortable in the fact that I feel a million times better and I am not as such focused on weight loss now, more so creating a new lifestyle which will keep the gut off. So if the numbers for me average out enough to creep down ever so slowly then I am still happy. Don't get me wrong there is still a way to go, I think I am just realising that in the second half of the journey it's not always rosy, but we have done the hard work, it's now time to keep those newfound habits in place and enjoy our healthier us.
Matt76

Postby Blitz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:25 pm

Matt76 wrote:at the start I was on a mission to lose weight fast and blitz it

Hey - leave me out of it! :lol:

Lifestyle...that is where it is at. If you don't get that right you'll end up in that boom/bust cycle that the diet industry profits so well from.

The part of our journey near the end of reaching goal is definitely the toughest part. Hopefully all the skills and experiences that we have learnt on the way will see us through. Once the hoodoo of reaching goal has past it does get easier (still requires work though!) :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby buttless » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:30 pm

Blitz wrote:
Matt76 wrote:at the start I was on a mission to lose weight fast and blitz it

Hey - leave me out of it! :lol:

Lifestyle...that is where it is at. If you don't get that right you'll end up in that boom/bust cycle that the diet industry profits so well from.

The part of our journey near the end of reaching goal is definitely the toughest part. Hopefully all the skills and experiences that we have learnt on the way will see us through. Once the hoodoo of reaching goal has past it does get easier (still requires work though!) :D

Kim

oh you are the funny one aren't you - must admit it took me a little while to work out what you were on about, got it in the end and no I am not blonde :wink:
buttless

Postby buttless » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:32 pm

Matt76 wrote:Hang in there! I am struggling with the numbers as well, they seem really hard to lose as you get closer to goal. I've kind of changed plan a little bit, at the start I was on a mission to lose weight fast and blitz it, but even though now that the numbers are dropping really slowly or not dropping at all, I am comfortable in the fact that I feel a million times better and I am not as such focused on weight loss now, more so creating a new lifestyle which will keep the gut off. So if the numbers for me average out enough to creep down ever so slowly then I am still happy. Don't get me wrong there is still a way to go, I think I am just realising that in the second half of the journey it's not always rosy, but we have done the hard work, it's now time to keep those newfound habits in place and enjoy our healthier us.

yeah I think that's the road I'm gonna take too, although I won't resits weighing in every Tuesday, old habits die hard as they say. but I am going to concentrate on how I feel (bloody great), and how the clothes are going, I know this is the hard part when we are nearing goal weight, I suppose if the weight just fell off you and stayed off, the weightloss business wouldn't be what it is today huh. nope together we will get there, one step at a time. you hang in there too matie, we'll both support each other through.
buttless

Postby Blitz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:05 pm

I knew I should have bold-ed "blitz" in the quote. :roll:

The journey ain't easy...but it certainly is worth taking! It's been over two years now that I reached goal and I can say that with my hand on my heart, its the best thing I've done (sound like a reformed drunk now! :lol: ).

Kim
Blitz

Postby Matt76 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:00 pm

How did you go this week?
Matt76

Postby buttless » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:58 am

just letting you know I'm all still here, I have been reading some of your posts, just not posting on mine. I haven't stepped on the scales now for two weeks, have no idea what I weigh (mmmm that could be scary), I'm eating whatever I feel like and I am absolutely amazed at myself that I'm not doing too badly, I have not had one piece of cake (nor the whole thing), only probably had two bars of chocolate and am travelling ok. haven't done much in the way of exercise my knee has decided to play up so am resting that so I can get back into the walking. Some days I feel blah but mostly feel great. Hope you are all travelling well :D
buttless

Postby DD Diva » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:05 am

buttless wrote:just letting you know I'm all still here, I have been reading some of your posts, just not posting on mine. I haven't stepped on the scales now for two weeks, have no idea what I weigh (mmmm that could be scary), I'm eating whatever I feel like and I am absolutely amazed at myself that I'm not doing too badly, I have not had one piece of cake (nor the whole thing), only probably had two bars of chocolate and am travelling ok. haven't done much in the way of exercise my knee has decided to play up so am resting that so I can get back into the walking. Some days I feel blah but mostly feel great. Hope you are all travelling well :D

Hey butless,

I hear you with the knee thingy, I'm still nursing a sprained ankle. Though it's a lot better, I'm still hobbling along like a wounded duck! :(

Hope you are feeling better soon, and that you get your motivation back soon and join us again (more regularly). I know it's tough when you can't seem to find the motivation because the scales didn't produce the figures you wanted to see, but don't let this blind you to what you HAVE achieved so far, and what you can still achieve in the future if you put your heart and soul into it again. :wink:

Look forward to seeing you back again soon.

xx
Diva
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:46 am

Walking in water does a power of good. Reduces the weight off the joints and moves those muscles thus promotes quicker recovery.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Matt76 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:31 pm

It's good to see your still here. Don't stress too much about having a break from the scales. You don't want them to take over your life. It sounds like you have already vastly changed habits by still behaving whilst taking a break from the scales.
Matt76

Postby buttless » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:56 pm

back into walking this afternoon come rail hail or shine - I haven't been doing much in the way of exercise and can feel the body getting "blah" not game to hop on the scales. so its joggers, music and off hitting the road a good 1hr walk, n-e-e-d to get back into it before I undo all the hard yards I have travelled.
buttless

Postby Blitz » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:47 pm

Ease into it...it will take a few days for you to get those exercise muscles back. It really is a case of use it or lose it when it comes to muscles. You will feel it for a few days...but just keep says to yourself "this is doing me a power of good!". 8)

Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In