It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:32 am

Free Newsletter

buttless journey

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: buttless journey

Postby Blitz » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:22 am

2.7kg by the 10th of May? That's achievable...go for it! Heck I just did 2.7kg in a week (ok - I know...blokes lose it easier)...but I'm sure that you'll be able to knock it off in just under a month without a problem. :D

Put your foot down - and go for goal! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby buttless » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:33 am

Blitz wrote:2.7kg by the 10th of May? That's achievable...go for it! Heck I just did 2.7kg in a week (ok - I know...blokes lose it easier)...but I'm sure that you'll be able to knock it off in just under a month without a problem. :D

Put your foot down - and go for goal! 8)

Kim

2.7kg in a week - if only I could do that :mrgreen:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ18xp3/]
buttless

Postby buttless » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:22 pm

wwwwwhhhhhyyyyyy?????????? does life have to be so cruel - I just read on the weight watchers site that 100gm lindt bunny will cost 15 points and 1 hot cross bun 6 points :cry: :cry: its easter people isn't that a great excuse to devour chocolate :lol: :lol: :lol: well blow it I'm going to have my easter treat but yes then I know i'll have to sweat it out - but worked out that I weigh in on Saturday =- easter is sunday therefore I have a whole week to undo what I do :wink:
buttless

Postby Blitz » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:13 am

Easter treat...2.7kg to goal...Easter treat...2.7kg to goal...Easter treat...Easter treat...3.7kg to goal!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Here is what you do: Buy quality DARK chocolate. Eat a SMALL amount of it daily (there is no rule that says that it is compulsory to eat the lot in one sitting). Exercise that small amount off daily in extra exercise - which is very do-able. That way you will enjoy the Easter without whipping yourself over it.

As for the hot cross bun...some things are best left to others. Think in terms..."I've eaten my lifetime's quota of hot cross buns...I not that person any more - I choose healthy foods instead because I respect my body...and I'm trying to remove the lard of my hips!". :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby buttless » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:07 am

Blitz wrote:Easter treat...2.7kg to goal...Easter treat...2.7kg to goal...Easter treat...Easter treat...3.7kg to goal!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Here is what you do: Buy quality DARK chocolate. Eat a SMALL amount of it daily (there is no rule that says that it is compulsory to eat the lot in one sitting). Exercise that small amount off daily in extra exercise - which is very do-able. That way you will enjoy the Easter without whipping yourself over it.

As for the hot cross bun...some things are best left to others. Think in terms..."I've eaten my lifetime's quota of hot cross buns...I not that person any more - I choose healthy foods instead because I respect my body...and I'm trying to remove the lard of my hips!". :lol:

Kim

kiiimmmm :roll: :roll: why can't u just say yep eat it all & enjoy, will i feel better eating the chocolate - YOU BETCHYA!!!!! will my body like it - ABSOLUTELY!!! will the scales still be my friend - NO THEY FREAKIN WON'T!!!
you are right & i know it (unfortunately) i don't like dark chocolate its terrible - i did read one of your other posts where you say that real chocoholics will eat dark chocolate because its the chocolate not the sugar - so you mean to tell me all this time that i have been addicted to sugar - NEVER!!!! :lol: :lol: isn't it weird that one can devour a whole block of Cadbury chocolate or the like yet if you read how much sugar was in there you would not be able to sit down and eat the equivalent amount of sugar in a bowl.
buttless

Postby DD Diva » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:15 am

Like I said in another post, none of that dark bitter crap for me this Easter; there's a milk chocolate Easter bunny in my pantry that I'm itching to devour come Sunday!!! :lol:
DD Diva

Postby buttless » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:25 pm

DD Diva wrote:Like I said in another post, none of that dark bitter crap for me this Easter; there's a milk chocolate Easter bunny in my pantry that I'm itching to devour come Sunday!!! :lol:

Yayyy u go Diva sisters unite!!!! Got to eat the ears first :lol:
buttless

Postby buttless » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:52 pm

Mixed nuts & extras??? Yes or no.
I brought brazil nuts, almonds, sultanas, pepitas & sunflower seeds.
i made up 1/4 cup (3 brazil nuts, 5 almonds, little amt sultanas because of sugar content, pepitas & sunflower seeds) - question: is this healthy for u. Im looking for snacks i can leave in my car & eat in between my jobs i dont always have time to stop & have lunch some days i dont eat until say 2ish & by then im famished & grab the sugary stuff, bikkies, bread & honey or toast u get the picture.
buttless

Postby ganymede » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:04 pm

Personally (and this is personally, I could be wrong), I would be going for a good amount of natural sugars (ie, fruit - sultanas are great or fresh fruit, whatever takes your fancy and protein (a small tin of canned salmon or tuna? The nuts probably have good protein in them as well) and a small portion of carbs. I always found when I ate this sort of combination in the middle of the day, it curbs a lot of those afternoon cravings and gave me a good amount of energy to get through the rest of the day :)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:27 am

Shelley has the right idea. Buy those little packets of sultanas. If the inner miser lives in you, you may want to do what I do. Save the small empty packets and buy the big economy bag of sultanas and refill the packets. :shock: :lol: Good natural sugar in a moderate dose.

A handful of almonds is good. About ten to a handful.

An apple, orange or a banana are great for quick energy to get you through the day.

Make sure you always lay a good foundation to you day by making sure you have a very good breakfast. If you are going to overdo any meal...this is the one to do!

The important thing about snacks is to watch out for "bracket creep". It is very easy to over snack - so be vigilant.

Let's talk about milk chocolate vs dark chocolate. The reason why the dark chocolate is so bitter (are you listening Diva?) because it has been stripped of the sugars and fats that we usually find in milk chocolate. I use to be a three teaspoon of sugar per cup of tea guy. To me then...that was what tea tasted like...not sweet but like proper tea. I stopped putting sugar in my tea. At first, the taste was overpowering and not enjoyable at all but I got use to it in a shortish time...then it started to taste like proper tea. The interesting thing is that once weaned off sugar in tea - you can't go back! Just sipping a tea with any sugar in it makes you feel really sick. It is so SICKLY SWEET that it is revolting. It is the same with chocolate. Once you have developed a palate for quality dark chocolate you will not want milk chocolate at all. It will simply no longer taste like chocolate but only of it's key ingredients - sugar and fat...and it will be sickly to you. Also experts advocate the health benefits of moderate dark chocolate consumption...none are leaping to the defence of milk chocolate!

Kim
Blitz

Postby buttless » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:38 pm

Ive made a promise to myself - no chocolate this easter, instead im going to buy myself some nice warm jammies & fluffy slippers - sheesh does that mean im getting "old" :o i just cant do it i have 2.7kg to go & i want it gone for good. Ive brought myself a few ww cookbooks & am going thru them for inspiration.
buttless

Postby buttless » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:05 pm

Happy happy easter everyone :D
may you all enjoy good health, happiness & quality time spent with loved ones. Tmrw is weigh in day for me - so none of the sweet stuff for me :roll:
buttless

Postby buttless » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:36 am

woohoo - loss of 1kg, i'll take that thanks :lol:
buttless

Postby Matt76 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:46 pm

Good on you!!!! That's a terrific week.
Matt76

Postby Blitz » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:04 pm

That's an excellent result! I feel you joy...getting so close to that victory lap! 8)

You have been working real hard and deserve your success!

...and a Happy Easter - and a victorious week ahead! :D

Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In