It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:49 am

Free Newsletter

Matt76 weigh in

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Matt76 weigh in

Postby Blitz » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:45 pm

Great weigh in :D ...and it puts you further away from those8-0's numbers and closer to your goals! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Matt76 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:18 am

LW 78.6
TW 78.3

I'm happy enough to see a small loss. I'm really happy though to be sneaking further away from the 80's. Thanks for the support guys it really does help to keep motivated.
Matt76

Postby Blitz » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:49 pm

So long as that number keeps going south, it is a good week. :D

Well done. Stay focus and see it to the end...you are doing well. 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby Matt76 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:05 am

Thanks a lot Kim
Matt76

Postby buttless » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:26 am

Matt76 wrote:Thanks a lot Kim

keep goin Matt you are doing awesomely, won't be long and you will be at your goal weight 8)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ18xp3/]
buttless

Postby buttless » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:47 am

hope you get a better result than me this week - a measely 200gm - wtf you put your body through the wringer and that's all the scales give you. just about to throw the damn scales out the window - wonder if they can fly :P
buttless

Postby Matt76 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:10 pm

Yeah they can be frustrating, sometimes I get on expecting a really good result and am quite disappointed. I just figure regardless of what the scales say I feel much better than before so even that is a good result.
Matt76

Postby Blitz » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:40 pm

You have got to take the long view regarding your weigh ins. It is very difficult to back two good weeks in a row. The body usually likes to process a good week by adjusting itself the following week. Good things are still happening to your body but the results are masked.

There are many factors to consider; you could be making muscle which will pay back down the line, your body is holding back fluid because it thinks it may need it because you are working it harder, your weigh in coincided with a fuller bladder or bowel so distorting what is the real state of play, you may be on the verge of getting sick (or that time of the month) so your body is again retaining fluid just in case.

Another mundane reason; you could be standing on the scales on the wrong spot. Many scales give different reading whilst other scales have programmed tolerances so that you have to weigh significantly different for the reading to change. My scales give different readings, so I safe guard it by recording the number that comes up three times in a row. Sometimes that can take quite a while!

Lastly, sometimes it is our own fault...we have failed to follow through in somewhere (knowingly or unknowingly) and something in our food intake or exercise routines is letting us down.

As you become more aware and knowledgeable how your body reacts you will be able to identify which is which and take measures as needed.

Kim
Blitz

Postby buttless » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:56 am

Blitz wrote:You have got to take the long view regarding your weigh ins. It is very difficult to back two good weeks in a row. The body usually likes to process a good week by adjusting itself the following week. Good things are still happening to your body but the results are masked.

There are many factors to consider; you could be making muscle which will pay back down the line, your body is holding back fluid because it thinks it may need it because you are working it harder, your weigh in coincided with a fuller bladder or bowel so distorting what is the real state of play, you may be on the verge of getting sick (or that time of the month) so your body is again retaining fluid just in case.

Another mundane reason; you could be standing on the scales on the wrong spot. Many scales give different reading whilst other scales have programmed tolerances so that you have to weigh significantly different for the reading to change. My scales give different readings, so I safe guard it by recording the number that comes up three times in a row. Sometimes that can take quite a while!

Lastly, sometimes it is our own fault...we have failed to follow through in somewhere (knowingly or unknowingly) and something in our food intake or exercise routines is letting us down.

As you become more aware and knowledgeable how your body reacts you will be able to identify which is which and take measures as needed.

you are sooo right on the reading of the scales Kim, I nearly died when I did this, I was weighing in the bathroom and then one day thought I'd weigh in just beside the bed and whoa the result was a difference of 200gm loss - guess which result I took ha ha ha. I weighed three times to make sure the scales weren't playing with me. I have the weight watchers scales that give out the fat & water in your body plus your bmi (which by the way is finally in a healthy weight range - just!!!!) and the total amount of weight you have lost since starting standing on them.

Kim
buttless

Postby Matt76 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:09 pm

LW 78.3
TW 77.7!

I'm especially happy because I had a couple ordinary days diet wise. I guess I must have been extra good on the other days.
Matt76

Postby Blitz » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:11 am

"Mixing it up" can be a very effective way to keep the body on its toes and not just diet either...this works for exercise too. Routine food intake and routine exercise allows the body to find a "cruising" speed. We want to keep that body rev-ing!

Kim
Blitz

Postby Matt76 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:07 am

Thanks Kim.
Matt76

Postby buttless » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:52 am

Matt76 wrote:LW 78.3
TW 77.7!

I'm especially happy because I had a couple ordinary days diet wise. I guess I must have been extra good on the other days.

woohooo - boy you really are putting on the challenge huh - my weigh is tomorrow mmmm not sure how i'll go :roll:
buttless

Postby Matt76 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:56 pm

I can see a good week for you this week. Fingers crossed for you!
Matt76

Postby buttless » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:55 am

Matt76 wrote:I can see a good week for you this week. Fingers crossed for you!

results are in: drum roll please - a loss of 1.5kg bringing my weight - finally - to 77.5kg yahoo, I have a mere 1.5kg to go to my goal weight and 75kg is both within our reaches. let the fun begin 8)
buttless

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In