It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:24 pm

Free Newsletter

From 105kg to 70kg Sassy can...

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: From 105kg to 70kg Sassy can...

Postby Sassyt » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:51 am

So it is the perfect time for me to be here!!! Yippie...
Thank you so much guys for welcoming back!
Kim thanks a mil for you neverending support to me and to all the fellow members! Believe me it goes a long way! Keep doing what you do it is so inspirational and it always make one feel like they can DO IT...
Please hang around to cheer us on as we shrink back to our sacsie bods and please give us tough love and a kick in the butt when we need it.

Shel, let's do what we are best at. Yes we are here now after having been victorious we lost it but we are here now let us claim our bodies back and Maintain FOREVER! I mean this!!!

1 thing I know is its harder loosing the weight you have lost previously! It is way too daunting and just plaind HARD. For the whole time trying to see low 90's I have kept on saying to myself: I am never going through this again, come hell or high water NEVER. So yes I want to embrace this journey as it is the very last time I am travelling it in my lifetime!

Consistancy is the key... There must be no giving up, ever!
No more promises let's just get to it.
NB: I have all the goals and rewards all planned out right till 70kg.
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby Blitz » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:02 am

You and Shelley bring out the best in each other...so I expect terrific things from you both in the near future! 8)

You can do it honest! As I've said many times - if I, a guy the wrong side of 50 with a belly hernia the size of his fist, with a bad back, chronic asthma and no previous skills in weight loss can do it - then anyone can. There is nothing exceptional about me...I was lazy and gluttonous, have no special will power (certainly didn't resisting eating that's for sure) and a creature of bad lifestyle habits for many years. All I did was get my head in the right place and decided it was time to get honest and real...and decided that I would change my lifestyle and character to became the person I should have been.
The wish has to become a want and the want has to turn into a must - when that happens permanent change is possible! Indeed it can not fail to occur!

It is frustrating sometimes watching you guys...sometimes you are your own worse enemies! The lack of belief in yourselves often knee caps you journey to success. It is within your grasp and then you throw it away! :cry:
There's an old AA saying "Easy does it!"...someone not a million miles away from you Sassy might say another way - "Consistency is the key".
There is a lot to be said for just doing the things that you need to do...one day at a time...every day at a time.

Best wishes on your journey to a better future!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby JP1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:45 pm

Welcome back Sassy and just in time for a third quarter challenge which should see a bunch of us in the 80s together within a month or so..
8)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 107 Kg (3 May 2019)
Current :105 Kg (17 May 2019)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014) : 99.2 Kg (31 May 2016) : 104.7 Kg (10 May 2019)
Target : 90 Kg by 9 Aug 2019
JP1

Postby DD Diva » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:40 pm

Blitz wrote:You and Shelley bring out the best in each other...so I expect terrific things from you both in the near future! 8)

Hey Sassy, welcome back! Though I never got to know you much (you left not long after I came onboard) I believe you and Shelley really fired each other up (in a good way) and that's awesome!!! So hopefully your return will help you both on your journey, together, and towards a common goal (shared by us all in here) to be lighter and healthier than when we started!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Sassyt » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:54 am

The love I have for this forum though!!
Thank you guys so much for the warm welcome and the vote of confidence!
I know I am getting this done for sure! And JP I am definately entering the new decade by the end of July - I gatta be in the 80's then surely.

Please hang around guys for the much needed support through and through.

Let's see where I am at this Saturday!
All seems to be going well so far though.
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby DD Diva » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:24 am

Sassyt wrote:The love I have for this forum though!!
Thank you guys so much for the warm welcome and the vote of confidence!
I know I am getting this done for sure! And JP I am definately entering the new decade by the end of July - I gatta be in the 80's then surely.

Please hang around guys for the much needed support through and through.

Let's see where I am at this Saturday!
All seems to be going well so far though.

Hey Sassy,

So nice to hear that this place offers you so much; believe me, you bring as much to it as it gives, and that's what makes it special! :wink:

As you can see from my profile/posts, although I haven't been here long it's been long enough to know this place isn't just about me; my contributions or those of others but a combined effort by everyone in what has helped build a healthy support network for all who care to visit, and that (in my opinion) is like a shining light during (what can sometimes seem to be) a dark, long and very lonely road!!! :oops: So thank you for coming back to us!!! :D
I believe YOU and Shelley (who is just as lovely) will do well together! You're a good team, and all of us here wish you (and ourselves) a happy and successful journey together!!!

So let's go people......there's a weight battle to be won!!! :wink: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:02 am

I love you're always so upbeat and "let's do this", Diva! :lol: It makes me smile and laugh at times. It's true what you say, this place is an intricate support network of some amazing people and we're all in the same boat, just paddling at different paces. Sometimes the boat rocks a bit when someone tries to get off or go for a "dive" ;) but all in all, we work together to keep it afloat! :lol: (I'm really into metaphors today, aren't I? :P )

I feel so, so blessed to have Terry back here. She has been such a massive support for me over the years, we have always kept in contact and I just "feel" that this time is different. We've both grown up (and out unfortunately!) but we seem now how the journey has to be and that this time round, it needs to be a lifetime journey, one that doesn't end. Maintenance of course is a MUST, no doubt about it but it's the journey to get there that is the interesting part. I'm so excited and ready to face this again and with Terry by my side, we will succeed! :mrgreen:
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:54 am

Thanks Shelley,

It means a lot to me to hear you say that. I was feeling really low about a post in another (sorry...someone else's thread, yet still a public forum) which has really rubbed me up the wrong way!!

This place is about SUPPORTING EACH OTHER, and I know that that is what we all need to get through a very difficult journey. It's tough, anyone whose ever tried to lose weight (and/or keeping it off) will know this and above all, needs to remember that support is a huge part of surviving the ordeal.

Nevertheless, I won't always say the right things, or even sound upbeat, but I PROMISE you this much; I'll always be here for you if you need me because part of my success is thanks to real people like you!!! :wink:

I may be losing weight, but I will never lose sight of the fact that "no man (or woman) is an island" and it's good to remember that we all need people in our lives, and you lot are bloody awesome!!!! So thank you all for your continued support. xx :D
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:14 pm

Don't feel low, Diva, really. It's not my business and I don't really know what happened but I completely agree that this is a place purely for supporting each other and I would hate to feel like this forum isn't "approachable" for people returning to weight loss or for new people joining.

It is definitely a tough struggle, even when life is going well! Throw in any form of emotional or physical distress and it's ridiculously hard! I'm the number one candidate for the "too hard" basket :lol: It helps more than words can express to have such amazing support through it all.

Same goes to you, Josie, I will always, always be here to support anyone who needs it because I know I require the support too and it's a two way street!

Love to you all, you're all amazing people :D xo
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:38 pm

ganymede wrote:I love you're always so upbeat and "let's do this", Diva! :lol: It makes me smile and laugh at times. It's true what you say, this place is an intricate support network of some amazing people and we're all in the same boat, just paddling at different paces. Sometimes the boat rocks a bit when someone tries to get off or go for a "dive" ;) but all in all, we work together to keep it afloat! :lol: (I'm really into metaphors today, aren't I? :P )

I can't help extending this metaphor (forgive me): sometimes we paddle backwards, or find ourselves in the rapids or even end up paddling with the wrong end of the oar! Even so, as we journey up this river we learn and grow stronger! 8)

Love the profile picture Shelley - real cool! But Diva...what happened to yours? :shock: :wink:

This is going to be one epic challenge - I can feel it in my waters! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Go for it guys!

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:25 am

Blitz wrote:
Love the profile picture Shelley - real cool!

Kim

Yes,a very pretty young lade,it sure is great seeing what we all look like,it sort of brings a real too the forum....:-)
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby ganymede » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:50 am

Thanks guys, that makes me feel amazing :mrgreen:

It's so great to see everyone's faces on here, I thought I have to join in!

Kim, as always, loving the metaphors :lol: I'm usually paddling with the wrong in of the oar or dropping it over a waterfall :lol: I will get there though, I'm feeling super determined right now.
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:16 pm

Just so long as we don't lose the paddle and find ourselves up some creek then we will all be alright! :lol:

Let's get this canoe in the water and see how it floats! (okay...I promise to stop now!) :roll:

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:33 pm

Although I suppose the less buoyancy we have, the better! Eh, eh, eh? :lol: I suppose if we find ourselves without our oars, we just have to use sheer determination and a lot of flapping of the arms to get back to where we need to be 8) (I'll stop...maybe)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It's humour that carries us through the dark darks.

Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In