It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:24 pm

Free Newsletter

From 105kg to 70kg Sassy can...

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: From 105kg to 70kg Sassy can...

Postby ganymede » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:08 pm

Those darn dark darks are problematic at the best of times :lol: (okay, now I'm just making fun! But all in good humour, I promise :) )

I completely agree though, without humour I don't know where I'd be this year! So I'm all for the joking around and the terrible canoe/weight loss metaphors :lol:
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby JP1 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:05 pm

Sassyt wrote:The love I have for this forum though!!
Thank you guys so much for the warm welcome and the vote of confidence!
I know I am getting this done for sure! And JP I am definately entering the new decade by the end of July - I gatta be in the 80's then surely.

Please hang around guys for the much needed support through and through.

Let's see where I am at this Saturday!
All seems to be going well so far though.

Great to hear, going to be some great motivation to move downward together, there's a few of us on about the same weight level, let's do this..
8)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby DD Diva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:11 am

ganymede wrote:Those darn dark darks are problematic at the best of times :lol: (okay, now I'm just making fun! But all in good humour, I promise :) )

I completely agree though, without humour I don't know where I'd be this year! So I'm all for the joking around and the terrible canoe/weight loss metaphors :lol:

Humour helps the mind, body and soul; laughter truly is the best medicine, and in here sometimes it can be like an overstocked pharmacy shelf....I LOVE IT!!! :wink: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:05 pm

Terrible canoe/weight loss metaphor? :shock: Why that was pure gold!!! :lol: :wink:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:09 pm

Metaphors, plural ;) Not just yours, Kim and I only mean it in jest! :D I personally think they're amazing metaphors. Who doesn't love a good boat metaphor? We're going to have one whale of a time ;) :lol:
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:17 am

How is everybody doing? As for me I have been extremely busy with work and going out to different places and sleeping in b&b's and hotels I really found it hard to focus on my weightloss journey full on. Like a soldierI kept on trying against the hotel food and basically no means to train. I have managed to maintain the weight even though its not my ideal weight but I did not move backwards and I shall do no such! I have moved to a smaller branch though which is awesome at least I can focus on my weightloss 80%. Even though I will still be travelling now and again it definately won't be as hectic as earlier. Now I will have more time for logging on to the forum for inspiration and to have a record of my journey.

My weigh in day is still on a Monday. I haven't weighed in 2 weeks but I am pretty much the same aroun 94/95kg. Hopefully I can bring it down now that things are almost back to normal, well somewhat.
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby Blitz » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:33 am

Good to hear from you Sassy! :)

People have generally been up and down around here.
It is the usual weight loss story for most...two steps forward and then one step back!
I guess winter does take it's toll on everyone but hopefully with spring in the air they will spring into action! 8)

I was thinking about what you posted and had a thought that you might like to explore.
About a year ago I was on holidays and away from my regular exercise routine.
I ended up doing ridiculously long jogs to keep up with things.
While jogging around I noticed some of those 24/7 gym places that have become so popular lately.
My idea is that surely these places must have some sort of casual/tourist rate?
I know that if I could gain access to an exercise bike for a little while then I wouldn't have had to jog all those hours.
My plan for my next holiday is to see if I can get into one of those places during my stay in their town.
Worth checking out at least, right? :)

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:18 am

Oh T, it is so GREAT to see you! *hugs* :)

So happy to see you back here, hunnie. We are gonna rock the end of the year :) Glad that your job will be less hectic so you can focus on your weight loss again!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:59 pm

I feel good being back I can't wait for my weighin after being back but 1st I'll have to do the starting weight this Monday. Thanks Kim for reminding me that I can jog while I am on business trip, I hope I can considering how much I hate jogging yeeeew lol. But I gatta do what I gatta do to loose back to 70's.

Shel how's things with u currently girlfriend?
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby Blitz » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:07 am

I really enjoyed jogging while on holidays. You can get such a different feel travelling around these new places on foot.
I learnt that Sydney has some very steep hills in some of its suburbs for example.
Albany is wonderful to jog around in a nice sweeping circuit - specially real early in the morning.
I also discovered that Bunbury can be difficult to navigate around not only by car (some roads run parallel for a while and then sharply go off in a tangent)...something I learnt the hard way when I took the wrong turn in the middle of the night and found myself on an unscheduled four hour marathon! :shock: :lol:

Looking forward to your weigh in on Monday - to see what the state of affairs are for you.
Marking the start - begins the measure to success! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sassyt » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:06 am

Yes, I am 95.16kg I am aiming very high for the upcoming week. I can't say the number yet but I am aiming very high. Full dedication at gym and keeping it clean on the eats :wink: I hope in the next 4 weeks I can see myself in the 80's which Kim has to see me jogging the week that I am away, really am dreading that #weep, weep#. Let's see what I come up with on Monday!
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby Blitz » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:05 am

Sassyt wrote:Yes, I am 95.16kg I am aiming very high for the upcoming week. I can't say the number yet but I am aiming very high. Full dedication at gym and keeping it clean on the eats :wink: I hope in the next 4 weeks I can see myself in the 80's which Kim has to see me jogging the week that I am away, really am dreading that #weep, weep#. Let's see what I come up with on Monday!

It can be done in 4 weeks ( I just managed it myself) but it is going to take some tough work.
Even so by week four you would nevertheless be a good way to it - so it is all good. 8)

Sounds like you need to get some really good music pumping on your player. Nothing like some rousing music to get you to enjoy a jog!
I'm not a fast runner...I push but my overriding concern is to jog with good technique so as not to cause damage.
I also dress very warmly so as to encourage a good sweat in my jog.
Don't forget my 24/7 gym suggestion. Maybe they can do a casual rate for you - and preserve you from the jog! :wink:

Wishing you success!

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:05 am

Sassyt wrote:I feel good being back I can't wait for my weighin after being back but 1st I'll have to do the starting weight this Monday. Thanks Kim for reminding me that I can jog while I am on business trip, I hope I can considering how much I hate jogging yeeeew lol. But I gatta do what I gatta do to loose back to 70's.

Shel how's things with u currently girlfriend?

Not fabulous hun, currently in a bit of a holding pattern and hoping the kg's haven't moved too much. Been changing medications around and that has absolutely put me through the ringer. The one good side effect being decreased appetite :) onto a higher dose starting today so will see how I am as the side effects might increase again :| If all else fails, I at least want to keep up with my kettle bell workouts from the comfort of my bedroom and the rest will come in time!

Great to see you are doing so well hunnie and I am certain you can smash the 80's in that 4 weeks, just keep your eye on the prize ;)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:40 pm

Oh Shell *bighugz* hun hope u get better soon. Just don't rush to get back to the swing of things, take care of your health very well and u will soon recover, wishing you a speedy recovery girlfriend! I really can do with your push and a friendly competition here :).

Kim, thanks so much for your tips dear the very 1st one I will explore is that of 24/7 gym place and if there is nothing around the area I will force jog :mrgreen: just around to keep moving as I know I cannot afford 7 days of no workout at all!

Guys I can almost see the 80's on my scale and I want them so so bad I know I have lots of work aheard of me and falling into temptation is not an option! I know once I get to the 80s the goal woul be to push to the 70s and I would be in the swing of it so its starting that needs to be done!

I have learned one more thing from you Kim and that is to keep it off for Life :lol:
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby Blitz » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:05 pm

Sassyt wrote: just around to keep moving as I know I cannot afford 7 days of no workout at all!

I know for myself that if I don't exercise for a week that I reckon I would put on 7 kilos easily. :shock:

Sassyt wrote:I have learned one more thing from you Kim and that is to keep it off for Life :lol:

Sometimes we get so caught up in the weight loss part that we forget that keeping it off is important too.
Indeed if we just hold our weights steady with each attempt rather than letting it balloon out of control - we would get there so much quicker.
I was fortunate as I only attempted weight loss once and went into it fully understanding that this whole weight thingy was a two part process.
Getting the weight off...and keeping it off - for life! 8)

Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In