It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:27 am

Free Newsletter

Sonya weighs in

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Sonya weighs in

Postby noone79 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:33 pm

Hi all,

I am new to this forum but not new to being overweight. Have struggled with weight issues all my life,lose some then gain some and it goes on. This time i have decided to get rid of the fat forever. I was at my highest last July when i weighed in 102.5kgs since then i have been trying to lose weight.

My current weight is 80kg and i aim to lose 10 more kgs, which i am finding v.v. difficult to do. Therefore, i liked the idea of noting down my weight every week here and hopefully will get some support and useful feedbacks from you all..

I will be weighing in on Tuesdays and i aim to lose around 800gm every week..

Thanks
noone79

Re: Sonya weighs in

Postby Blitz » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:57 am

Hi Sonya!

You have done very good so far and have very solid modest expectations. :D

Accountability is one of those key ingredients for success. The forum is a great place to do that...you will find us a very supportive and helpful bunch of people!

You are getting to the pointy end of the journey, where everything that you've learnt so far is being tested. This is the time when your character will shine and win out - so long as you stay true to what you have learnt. Many of us here know about the hard road you are travelling and can offer practical help, support and encouragement to see you through to your journey's end (and beyond!). 8)

Don't be shy...use this forum vigorously and you will be rewarded with that better future!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby noone79 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:40 pm

Thanks so much Kim. I have read lot of your posts in this forum, you are so inspiring.

I dont take failures v well, so i have kept my expectations low. I know if i fail to reach my weekly goal i will get depressed and feel low:), that will lead to binging:(

Looking fwd to Tuesday:).

Hope u r having a nice weekend.

Sonya
noone79

Postby Matt76 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:51 pm

You have done fantastic so far, and surely created lots of good habits along the way. It will get harder towards the end but they are the most valuable kilos to lose I reckon, so little bit by little bit is still damn good! Rome wasn't built in a day, so don't stress if you have ups and downs from here, or miss out on a weekly goal, look at the big picture and give yourself a big pat on the back!
Matt76

Postby Blitz » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:03 am

These failures are only truly failures if we fail to learn from them. Getting down on yourself is only playing to failure...and that's a game you don't want to play any more, right?

We are all human and that means that we all fall down occasionally. But the test of character is what do we do when we go down. Do we wallow in the mud or pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and continue our journey wiser? 8)

I'm glad you have enjoyed some of my posts. It is my hope that I inspire you enough to dare believe that you too can succeed. Then you too can inspire others! The more people succeed - the more others will believe that they to can do it! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby noone79 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:44 pm

Last week 80.0kgs
This week-79.1kgs

Thanks Matt and Kim.. I do need the encouragement a lot to cross this last hurdle of 10 kgs. This time i want to lose weight forever, i am tired of losing and gaining weight now:).

In the last few months I have definitely learnt to eat healthy but there are times when i lose the focus and healthy eating hasnt become a part of my life.I am still working on it. i feel like there is a constant battle in my mind over food..But yes i have started to love exercise which is good i guess.

Such a gorgeous day here in sydney, going out for a short run now:)

And already looking fwd to my next weigh in and slimmer me ..
noone79

Postby Blitz » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:29 am

There will come a time when you will get really irritable if you don't get a decent walk or run in! Exercise is so good for the mind. Clears out the cob webs and floods the body with good feeling and achievement. :D

Don't worry about that 10 kilo number. Remember what you have already achieved. You have done it already...it is just a case of repeating it and seeing it through to the end. Think back to the time when you started...doesn't seem only like yesterday when you began losing weight. Even that 10 kilo number will go down if you chip a bit off each day.

Kim
Blitz

Postby noone79 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:50 pm

Hi Kim,

I was just thinking do you still weigh yourself often or not?

Sonya
noone79

Postby Blitz » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:50 pm

I weigh myself and record it in my "weight loss" notebook every day.

I have a range that I stay in; between 67 and 70 kilos. 70 kilos is my line in the sand...never over that marker. I've been over that marker twice (70.3kg and 70.1kg) in over two years only. It was due to unusual routines, other people's deadlines and my poor mismanagement of time on those days...but I learnt from those mistakes.

I also failed to weigh myself only on ten days. Nine of those days was when I was recovering from a hernia operation which also removed about 2 to 3 kilos of loose skin. During that period I actually lost 2.1kg. I was sure that I would have to work hard to get back to safe ground - but I dodged the bullet and it worked out. The only other day that I failed to weigh myself; was the day I got carted to hospital in an ambulance because of major stomach pain. I waited out most of the day in agony before my wife stepped in and rang for the ambulance...I was in so much pain I literally forgot to weigh myself that morning! The up side was that once I arrived into the lobby of the emergency ward on a guernsey - the pain went away! :shock: :lol:

A survey of the 2% of people who have successfully lost weight and retained that weight loss for one year (it is depressing to think the success rate is that low...there is no good reason why it should be), showed that this group had several common habits. One of the them was that most of them weighed themselves every day.

Kim
Blitz

Postby noone79 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:19 pm

Hey Kim,
WOW.... BUT weighing everyday seems like a lot of work to me , i dont think i will ever be able to eat any chocolate if i have to weigh myself everyday :D.
noone79

Postby Blitz » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:26 pm

It's just part of my lifestyle. I get up in the morning...go to the toilet, weigh myself...get on the exercise bike for a bit if I need to...do my "official weigh in" (three times in a row the same number comes up) - then have breakfast.

Weighing in everyday has the advantage that it gives you real insight into the cycles of your body and how it reacts to foods and exercise. Also it helps keep the focus on the numbers...you really want to do better than the last one. The disadvantage is that you can get discouraged if you don't take a long view of the numbers. Your body will naturally go up and down for many reason other than putting on fat. One number is the end of the world...but if you get caught up in it - it could be for you.

Kim
Blitz

Postby noone79 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:35 pm

78.3 kg today :lol: .. Very happy with the result..But last week i did exercise 5 days , this week is going to be very tough. Very busy at work, fingers crossed..
noone79

Postby Blitz » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:15 pm

Part of the challenge of leading a healthy lifestyle is very much dealing with the question of how to fit it into my life and make it work.

The diet industry is about a cookie cutter approach to weight loss. One size fits all. But everyone is unique in their life and that is why these things so often fail.

Successful long term weight loss is about custom making a healthy lifestyle that works for you. An unique lifestyle for the unique you. One that you have ownership over. This may mean real changes in how you conduct your life (and most overweight people will need to) but the change comes from within and not from without...it is WHO you are - not what you do. If you like it becomes a question of character.

You are really out of the 80's now...very good work - keep it up! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby noone79 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:23 pm

Thanks so much Kim. I have to say it again you are so inspiring.. In my mind i was thinking i cant fit in any exercise this week, but after reading your post , i am seriously so pumped, i will fit in some form of exercise and will go for healthy food and will lose some weight this week as well.

I always thought i dont need anyone motivating me but i definitely need a pat on my back when i do something good. So thanks again.
noone79

Postby Blitz » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:06 pm

That is why this Forum is so useful. Weight loss is such an isolating topic. "Normal" people haven't a clue about the difficulties and have little insight about the whole subject.

On the reverse side, overweight people often carry a sense of shame about their condition. Never telling people when they are trying to lose weight and never-ever letting anyone know how much you weigh. Crazy really - it's a bit like hiding the elephant in the room!

At least here, you will find folk who know exactly what it is all about because weight loss is personal to their lives. Also you can be relatively anonymous here so your neighbour isn't going to tap you on your shoulder any time soon and say "nice post that you made the other day". Of course if you start posting pics in the Before/After section...well - that's you own fault! :shock: :lol:

Here is a saying that I've found to be completely true..."We do the things that we want to do." Have you noticed how we always have time for the things we really like? Why?...because we make time for them. When people say they don't have time for something...I think to myself...what do they have time for? I think that there is a definite linkage between this and what they say about the busy man; "If you want something done - give it to the busy man to do...then it will get done!"

Good work...looking forward to the benefits you will reap by finding that time for exercise! Pat on the back! :lol: :D

Kim
Blitz

Next

Return to Weekly Weigh In