It is currently Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:39 am

Free Newsletter

get real....

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: get real....

Postby Blitz » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:21 pm

DD Diva wrote:Funny you should refer to this, I am faced with this situation constantly and I often what do I say when I don't have "more...to go"???? :oops:
Right now, I counteract the praise with "oh yes...but....." However when I get to goal, then what??? I'm thinking maybe "oh yes but now is the hard part; keeping it off???"
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated Kim. :D

Most people stop asking after a while. Yesterday's news...yesterday's hero. There is no glory in maintenance.

When asked I use to say, "Part one is getting it off...part two is keeping it off - forever!"
During the latter part of my journey I spent most of the conversation allaying people's fears that I was turning into an anorexic. Because I was so fat before...the thin version looked too drastic in their eyes. So the conversation ended up being about cold hard numbers (what the responsible healthy charts recommend) vs feelings.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:37 pm

My husband thinks ive lost enough already,but he thought I was sexy at 103 :lol: :lol: :lol: he only said too me today don't you think you have lost enough already,he thinks my face is looking too thin....

Its so lovely after 25 years plus he still finds me attractive its very lovely...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:03 pm

Experienced husband. Knows the things to say to keep things sweet. That is how he has survived this long! :lol:
Trust me...thinner - he will be even more keener! :shock:

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:08 pm

Blitz wrote:Experienced husband. Knows the things to say to keep things sweet. That is how he has survived this long! :lol:

Kim

my husband and I say it as it is always have,we tell each other things that each other doesn't want too her..
we keep it real and then deal with anything we don't want too hear,
no playing around the bush with either of us....

husbands been keen as from the start,nothings ever changed we amaze our friends with how we are and always have
been,my weights been up and down down and up and hes never ever changed in the way he feels towards me....

that's the greatest thing we have always had a fantastic energy for each other :P :P :P

ive never understood it when I hear other married couples saying they don't enjoy that special time together gees ive never been able too get enough us time.... :oops: :oops: :lol:

I believe in honesty is the best way...nothing gets bottled up around here we say it as it is...would get very tiring not being able too say what you thought..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:33 pm

Blitz wrote:Experienced husband. Knows the things to say to keep things sweet. That is how he has survived this long! :lol:

Kim

Is that what you do Kim??
we wouldn't be together if that was us because it would build up in us and we would have probably killed each other...that would send me into a spin...
surly husbands out there don't do that????
life is for fun and love not just surviving its 50/50...
too have a thought that thinner is keener is so totally wrong ...its just a terrible way of seeing it too think somebody has too be thinner too be looked upon as being better...
I would say in most cases I would agree with you Kim but I totally have too disagree with you here...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:48 pm

All I said was tongue in cheek hence the laugh smilie ( :lol: ).

In one sense it is right though...living with ANYONE can get irritating...you've got to learn to pick your battles and grease the wheels in the meantime. After all, one catches more flies with honey than with vinegar. :wink:

Marriage is a complicated affair anyway you look at it. Bill Cosby once observed some mornings you wake up and look at your wife and see the most beautiful woman in the world. Other mornings however you wake up thinking "you parasite" But he warns that it works the other way too. Some days you are Mr Wonderful and the other days...you know what she is thinking and you lower your head and say "Shall I make you a cup of coffee and get you some breakfast in bed dear?" :lol:

Seriously though, successful marriage is all about communication and staying on the same page as each other. We must be doing something right...23 years married and still going strong (mind you the man who married us still looks quietly surprised about that every time he sees us). 8)

As for the thinner is keener comment. The nuts and bolts behind that comment is with thinness comes more energy...and with energy comes more activity. In my marriage there has never been dis-satisfaction in the bedroom (at least I've received no complaints in writing! :lol: ) but since my weight loss, new found energy and fitness...my wife has noticed the difference...well let's just say that the earth moves a lot more around these parts than it use to! :shock: :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:35 pm

In the bedroom has never changed for me whether im fat thin or other,ive always enjoyed it but the positions change from time too time,mightnt get into so many positions with a lot of weight but always been enjoyable...

giddy up....

my husband and I have always been best mates ,lovers and always only relied on each other....we both are very lucky...

I might not b a good speller but im a good lover.... :lol: :lol:

and if anybody doesn't like reading this post or any of my posts do what I have done you goto friends or foes and you press foes then you wont see my posts like ive done with others.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:27 am

Natasha, I've just noticed that your Ticker says that you are just a kilo away from the half way mark to goal...cool or what? 8)

As for spelling...switch on the spell check on your browser. When you mistype or misspell it will underline it and by right clicking on it you get a list of suggested spellings etc. I use Firefox as my browser. The option can be found on that under Tools :arrow: Options :arrow: Advance. I'm sure Explorer and the like have a similar set up.

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:39 am

tinkerbella wrote: and if anybody doesn't like reading this post or any of my posts do what I have done you goto friends or foes and you press foes then you wont see my posts like ive done with others.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

If that's what you've done (to me) then you wouldn't have seen my post about "spelling" and wouldn't taken a swipe.
Sorry to disappoint you, but not everything I write has you as my centre focus, that spelling comment wasn't entirely aimed at you, I'm just as guilty of spelling/typos as the next person and everytime I do it I get annoyed (at myself) and then I laugh because I know I can't do much about it; because it can't be removed.
As for the "friends and foes" option (I do know it exists) but I don't have any on here Natasha, not even you!!!
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:42 am

I hope you're feeling better soon, it seems whenever you fall off the wagon (even for one evening) you get snappy!
Don't let it get you down, in the grand scheme of things, it's just a sign of being human.
Today is a new day!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:00 am

And today is FRIDAY!!!! ;) The best day for a fresh start :)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby tinkerbella » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:43 am

Blitz wrote:Natasha, I've just noticed that your Ticker says that you are just a kilo away from the half way mark to goal...cool or what? 8)

As for spelling...switch on the spell check on your browser. When you mistype or misspell it will underline it and by right clicking on it you get a list of suggested spellings etc. I use Firefox as my browser. The option can be found on that under Tools :arrow: Options :arrow: Advance. I'm sure Explorer and the like have a similar set up.

Kim

im hopeless with knowing how too do anything on the computer and always click the wrong things lol....
but I will ask Shane too find it for me...

Thanks Kim...:-)
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:46 am

ganymede wrote:And today is FRIDAY!!!! ;) The best day for a fresh start :)

wasn't too bad,thought I was going too have a real bad one yesterday,
breakfast was good my normal breakfast,
then lunch was steak and salad
but I brought a bready thingy from a nice bread shop and was getting into half of that and that's what I was worried would put me right over as well I had a piece of my slice I baked..So I put the rest on a plate and gave it away ..
so last night out for dinner I had a hearty compo soup so I did end up pulling back thank goodness...

yes Friday....Fresh start you are so very right....
bring on the weekend....
fingers crossed
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:43 am

You've got to watch those bread products. Very easy to "overdose" on that. When I was losing weight I was very cautious with bread. One slice for lunch usually. Even these days I still do much the same.

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:31 am

Blitz wrote: As for the thinner is keener comment. The nuts and bolts behind that comment is with thinness comes more energy...and with energy comes more activity. In my marriage there has never been dis-satisfaction in the bedroom (at least I've received no complaints in writing! :lol: ) but since my weight loss, new found energy and fitness...my wife has noticed the difference...well let's just say that the earth moves a lot more around these parts than it use to! :shock: :lol:

Kim

Well, I won't comment on the bedroom activity in my marriage as I think that's not a public discussion to be had outside bedroom doors, and though I will say "no issues or complaints" from either of us in all our years together, since losing weight we've certainly rediscovered energy we'd forgotten we both had!!! :lol:
DD Diva

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In