It is currently Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:54 am

Free Newsletter

get real....

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: get real....

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:58 pm

That's it Natasha. One day at a time...and giving your best for that day.

Good work - follow this week with a good solid one next time.
Give your daughter something to drop her jaw about! :lol: 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby hanney882 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:26 pm

Everytime I weigh, it surprises me, just like you I weekly weigh to check if I keep my weight or loss or gain. My goal is to keep my weight so I am weighing in weekly. Thanks that it does not go up or go down... sometimes I gain minimal say 0.5 kg so I watch my diet where my weight goes up. Lol, it keeps me on the right track.
hanney882

Postby tinkerbella » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:24 pm

yes its been surprising me lately also.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will get back too it... :roll:

as long as its not too up up up !!
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:20 am

It can be fully of surprises...that is why I weigh myself daily - that way it is a little surprise rather than a big surprise! :shock: :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:09 am

started
Tuesday 20th May 103 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Tuesday 27th May 99.5 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 19.5
Tuesday 3rd June 98.5 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 18.5
Tuesday 10th June 96.6 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 16.6
Tuesday 17th June 95.9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 15.9
Tuesday 24th June 94.4 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14.4
Tuesday 1st July 95.3 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15.3
Tuesday 8th July 92.7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12.7
Tuesday 15th July 93.6 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13.6
Tuesday 22nd July 91 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Tuesday 29th July 90.8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10.8
Tuesday 5th August 88.8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8.8
Tuesday 12th August 90 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tuesday 19th August 88.1 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8.1
Tuesday 26th August
Tuesday 2nd September
Tuesday 9th September
Tuesday 16th September
Tuesday 23rd September
Tuesday 30th September
Tuesday 7th October
Tuesday 14th October
Tuesday 21st October
Tuesday 28th October

would like too be 78/80 here..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:54 am

Doing it well Natasha. 8)
Keep a steady course and you will succeed in reaching your goal before you know it. :)

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:04 pm

im feeling really good with how im working atm,lets hope it stays this way...feeling excited everytime I get on the scales..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:28 am

It is good that you feel on top at the moment...enjoy it while it lasts! :)
...not that I'm wishing you ill - its just that the weight loss journey can be a bit of a roller-coaster ride at times (as I'm sure you know from your own experiences). Make as much hay as you can at times like this...these periods of success will help motivate you when it gets tough again! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:44 am

Blitz wrote:It is good that you feel on top at the moment...enjoy it while it lasts! :)
...not that I'm wishing you ill - its just that the weight loss journey can be a bit of a roller-coaster ride at times (as I'm sure you know from your own experiences). Make as much hay as you can at times like this...these periods of success will help motivate you when it gets tough again! 8)

Kim

The real success is not when you're losing weight, but keeping it off.
I don't consider myself successful, nor am I cocky enough to think I'm winning!!!
I'm doing well, that's true but I won't have succeeded until all the weight is gone and I've kept it off (or maintained a steady weight) for at least a year!!!
I'm always mindful of the fact that we can easily turn from "fab to flab" with just one bite of the wrong thing (ie. trigger food) and it can snowball downward (or upward) from there!!! :shock:
Complacency is an enemy to success, always WATCH YOUR BACK!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby tinkerbella » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:01 am

Blitz wrote:It is good that you feel on top at the moment...enjoy it while it lasts! :)

Kim

oh isn't it just... :lol:
and sometimes you just feel like you need a good feed....
that's the thing when the scales are going down I try and make the most of it,but if I stay the same on the scales for a week I understand that its my body getting use too the new numbers and it will re boot in a few days/week..or I have too change something and rattle it up a bit...
I would love too be 85 by my next trip away,so gives me 3 weeks we will see what happens,
my new dress I brought is way too big but that's ok as I kept the docket,so looks like its back too
the drawing board with knowing what too wear...:-)
I will have too take some photos but hope I don't make anybody green... :mrgreen: :wink:
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby DD Diva » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:41 pm

tinkerbella wrote:I will have too take some photos but hope I don't make anybody green... :mrgreen: :wink:

Oh no....please DO share.....after all, what harm can just ONE MORE photo possibly do??!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:45 pm

tinkerbella wrote:oh isn't it just... :lol:
and sometimes you just feel like you need a good feed....
that's the thing when the scales are going down I try and make the most of it,but if I stay the same on the scales for a week I understand that its my body getting use too the new numbers and it will re boot in a few days/week..or I have too change something and rattle it up a bit...
I would love too be 85 by my next trip away,so gives me 3 weeks we will see what happens,
my new dress I brought is way too big but that's ok as I kept the docket,so looks like its back too
the drawing board with knowing what too wear...:-)

I'm glad that you understand that sometimes no movement on the scales in your daily weigh in can mean consolidation. It is an important thing to understand or what is perceived as non-progress can throw you for a loop! This sort of knowledge shows that you are getting a real handle on losing weight. 8)

Regarding the dress...I think we all do that (with clothes I mean...I don't wear dresses - it would make my wife cry :shock: :lol: ). I've bought stuff that I had worn only a few times before it became tent like on me. We are itching to get into good gear but forget that we still have some more way to travel! I still have a few things in my closet that I need to clear out because I'm simply never going to wear them again. Bottom line - this is all one problem that we don't mind having, right? :)

Kim
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:16 pm

DD Diva wrote:The real success is not when you're losing weight, but keeping it off.
I don't consider myself successful, nor am I cocky enough to think I'm winning!!!
I'm doing well, that's true but I won't have succeeded until all the weight is gone and I've kept it off (or maintained a steady weight) for at least a year!!!
I'm always mindful of the fact that we can easily turn from "fab to flab" with just one bite of the wrong thing (ie. trigger food) and it can snowball downward (or upward) from there!!! :shock:
Complacency is an enemy to success, always WATCH YOUR BACK!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

True, real (ultimate) success is reaching goal. Some believe that it is reaching goal AND keeping it off for a year (I once was in that camp). The further you travel down the path you become aware of the danger of those that have failed after TWO year mark! I can vouch for that danger.

The last month or so has been the toughest time in all my maintenance. I've had a lingering cold, lots of things competing for my time and metabolism that suddenly become resistant to exercise...I would exercise harder for a less return for effort than before. It has only been in the fortnight that things have returned to normal cruising speed. I would ready place the marker at two years...if for the nagging thought that this sort of thing can reoccur again and again. I guessed it well to have put it correctly in my signature..."keeping it off for life" - there may be never a time for complacency! :shock:

Having said all that...the (smaller) successes do motivate you and keep you going during the journey to reaching the goal part of it. All through my journey I made sure that I didn't get cocky...if anyone ever asked me how much I had lost I always answered "I've lost X amount but I've still got X amount to lose" just to keep it in perspective. But on the other hand, writing my losses down daily - weekly - monthly was a great driver to keep me on track and keep me going. I would pour over the numbers and delight that I was making progress. Measuring that success in every percentage that I could find (weight loss ratios in kilos, pounds, fractions or percentage). Whereas I totally understood that 87 kilos off was my ultimate goal...my nose was always pushing to those smaller amounts along the way. Every one of those targets was only two to five kilos away and each success I had in reaching them would propel me to greater achievement.

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Blitz wrote:
DD Diva wrote:The real success is not when you're losing weight, but keeping it off.

True, real (ultimate) success is reaching goal. Some believe that it is reaching goal AND keeping it off for a year (I once was in that camp). The further you travel down the path you become aware of the danger of those that have failed after TWO year mark! I can vouch for that danger.

The last month or so has been the toughest time in all my maintenance. I've had a lingering cold, lots of things competing for my time and metabolism that suddenly become resistant to exercise...I would exercise harder for a less return for effort than before. It has only been in the fortnight that things have returned to normal cruising speed. I would ready place the marker at two years...if for the nagging thought that this sort of thing can reoccur again and again. I guessed it well to have put it correctly in my signature..."keeping it off for life" - there may be never a time for complacency! :shock:

Having said all that...the (smaller) successes do motivate you and keep you going during the journey to reaching the goal part of it. All through my journey I made sure that I didn't get cocky...if anyone ever asked me how much I had lost I always answered "I've lost X amount but I've still got X amount to lose" just to keep it in perspective. But on the other hand, writing my losses down daily - weekly - monthly was a great driver to keep me on track and keep me going. I would pour over the numbers and delight that I was making progress. Measuring that success in every percentage that I could find (weight loss ratios in kilos, pounds, fractions or percentage). Whereas I totally understood that 87 kilos off was my ultimate goal...my nose was always pushing to those smaller amounts along the way. Every one of those targets was only two to five kilos away and each success I had in reaching them would propel me to greater achievement.

Kim

Funny you should mention that, the issue of "long term weight loss success/maintenance" and links to networks ie. "cyber communities" (forums, groups etc) was a major point of discussion last night between myself and a couple of visiting research Fellows, whose observations showed that these social networks are able to accurately pin point a person's success merely by the manner in which they express their "success" (to date)!!! It was sooooo very interesting!!!
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:46 pm

I would hate to think what they would have made of me...I joined the Forum AFTER I lost my weight!...I can see them now - "obviously insecure with how he perceives himself with regarding to the possibility of failure at losing weight...unable to commit to accountability...comes after weight loss - so that he can rub his clean linen into other people's faces to bolster his low self esteem "...etc etc etc.

The real truth is that I never thought about online Forums for weight loss...if only I had - it would have been so much easier! :lol:

Love to hear what the experts think about Forums.
To me the greatest value that these Forums have is that it is peopled with those who know the problem from the INSIDE. These last two years since losing weight I've read an awful lot of books on weight loss. Some are fine, others great whilst others aren't worth the paper they are written on (what a waste of a fine tree!). The best of all these books (and they are only a very tiny segment of the market) are those written by those who have lost significant amounts of weight. They aren't just writing about the subject - they are living it.

Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In