It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:33 am

Free Newsletter

Klas Weekly weigh in...

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Klas Weekly weigh in...

Postby Blitz » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:41 am

Good steady loss...well done! :)

The weekends are harder to nail down than weekdays but don't hassle to much about it yet.
Just concentrate on what you are doing right and the weekends will fall into line as you grow in your knowledge and skills.

Weekends are generally where the unplanned and left field stuff happens.
You will get caught out time and time again but what you have to do is use these events as lessons to grow from.
When something goes awry learn from them and think of ways you can avoid failure next time.
Ask yourself key questions like; could it be avoided in the first place?
Can I pre-plan beforehand in some way?
How can I make this situation work in a healthy helpful way?
What things can I do afterwards to minimalise it's impact?
Experience is a great teacher - but only if we are in the business of learning!

Baby steps are sure steps - keep at it and those numbers WILL go down! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby klas26 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:47 pm

Thanks Kim,

todays been a much easier day. :)
klas26

Postby Blitz » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:28 am

It's all about doing it one day at a time.
That is the ultimate baby steps in this journey! :)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:14 am

klas26 wrote:Thank you both :)
Yes I do agree Kim, baby steps that's pretty much what I keep telling myself ATM

So this weeks weigh in was a 900g loss

115.5kg I'm not worries about the .5 I'm focusing in on the main number.. That's how I process it in my head so aiming for 114. Something 113 112 111 and so on...
Weekends ATM are a bit harder then during the week for me as break of daily routine tends to get in my way but in saying that I've made better choices, choices that I'm going to need to make when I'm no longer on a set calerie controlled menu!! :lol:

Hey Klas, remember when you posted this??
Start weight... 122.9kg eekkk Well that was 7.4kg ago!!!! :shock: How awesome is that??!! :D
Stay focussed on the road ahead, and only ever look back on how far you've come, and when you've done that remember to pat yourself on the back for a job well done!!! :wink: 900g loss is awesome going!!!
Proud of you Klas, keep up the good work!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby klas26 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:42 am

DD Diva wrote:
klas26 wrote:Thank you both :)
Yes I do agree Kim, baby steps that's pretty much what I keep telling myself ATM

So this weeks weigh in was a 900g loss

115.5kg I'm not worries about the .5 I'm focusing in on the main number.. That's how I process it in my head so aiming for 114. Something 113 112 111 and so on...
Weekends ATM are a bit harder then during the week for me as break of daily routine tends to get in my way but in saying that I've made better choices, choices that I'm going to need to make when I'm no longer on a set calerie controlled menu!! :lol:

Hey Klas, remember when you posted this??
Start weight... 122.9kg eekkk Well that was 7.4kg ago!!!! :shock: How awesome is that??!! :D
Stay focussed on the road ahead, and only ever look back on how far you've come, and when you've done that remember to pat yourself on the back for a job well done!!! :wink: 900g loss is awesome going!!!
Proud of you Klas, keep up the good work!!! :wink:

Thanks DD
this week has been pretty busy and Ive managed to do pretty good. I do however need to move little more then Iam I do know that, but Im pretty happy with my progress so far. Hopefully tomorrows weigh in will be a good one. Setting myself more realistic goals of 500-1kg a week.
klas26

Postby DD Diva » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:23 am

klas26 wrote: Thanks DD
this week has been pretty busy and Ive managed to do pretty good. I do however need to move little more then Iam I do know that, but Im pretty happy with my progress so far. Hopefully tomorrows weigh in will be a good one. Setting myself more realistic goals of 500-1kg a week.

Glad to hear you're coasting along nicely!! :)
Yes being physically active (or in my case, plain ACTIVE) will help get the weight down. I left it pretty late in the piece, and only really ramped up the exercise beyond the odd walk here and there, in the last 3 months or so. I do regret not getting stuck into it sooner; I may have been at goal by now if I'd had!!
But.....
It's never too late, and anything you can do, will not only make you feel better but help shed the kilos!!! :wink:
Keep up the great work, and 500g-1kg is very doable (unless you're at my stage in which case, 100g is bloody miraculous)!!! :cry:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:56 am

We all put off exercise as long as we can...and when we finally get to it we don't nearly do as much as we should.
I was watching "Extreme Makeover" the other night.
The trainer Chris was concerned that the guy wouldn't make stage 3 goal because he was only exercising one and half to two hours a day instead of the four hours! :shock:
The guy was still carrying around the same sort of weight that I started on this weight loss journey with...and I could only do ten minutes back then.

It makes you question just how much more capable we are than we think.
No wonder those TV reality shows have people on it that lose huge amounts weekly...
we don't see the hours and hours that they put in each day nor how really hard their trainers push them.

When watching Australia's "Biggest Loser" I always said to my family that if I was on that show that I would be living in dread that I would get the Commando for my trainer. But deep down I knew that he would do me the most good. He wouldn't take any of my excuses and he would ride me till I dropped. I also knew that if I wasn't killed by the effort - that I would have posted some almighty weigh ins! :lol:

Keep pushing yourself klas (but don't break yourself...okay?)...
You are doing well - keep at it! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:00 am

Blitz wrote: I was watching "Extreme Makeover" the other night.
The trainer Chris was concerned that the guy wouldn't make stage 3 goal because he was only exercising one and half to two hours a day instead of the four hours! :shock:
The guy was still carrying around the same sort of weight that I started on this weight loss journey with...and I could only do ten minutes back then.

It makes you question just how much more capable we are than we think.
No wonder those TV reality shows have people on it that lose huge amounts weekly...
we don't see the hours and hours that they put in each day nor how really hard their trainers push them.

I remember working with some of the best exercise physiologists in the country at the time "The Biggest Loser" hit our screens. From memory, it was the American series that we first encountered this extreme boot camp regime, and then Australia soon followed suit. It was the buzz of conversation in my workplace, and I still (to this day) can see and hear the expressions and comments from these leading scientists on how "damaging" this type of behaviour/strategy was for good long term weight loss and fitness maintenance; labelling it as "unrealistic and unsustainable". The participants in the show were literally taken out of their everyday lives, away from their real jobs and families, put into a house which contained next to no food and exercised (like lab rats) to the point of exhaustion for hours and hours every day!! :oops: There was absolutely no way they couldn't lose weight!!! :roll:

The sad reality is, that most of the contestants in these insane shows end up regaining the lost weight (many with interest) once they return to their normal lives, even if they watch everything that goes into their mouths, the level of activity cannot be continued once life is reintroduced into your everyday existence, and so the weight will soon find it's way back to you!!! :cry:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:04 am

A "Where Are They Now" type program would be a very interesting program to watch.
I know that another TV programme did a story about that country town that 'The Biggest Loser' got involved with.
There were hints that not all the contestants featured on the show had succeeded in keeping all their weight loss down.
They did claim that generally the town was a lot healthier nowadays though.

Kim
Blitz

Postby klas26 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:37 am

Yeah i agree with the fact that those reality tv shows are a little over the top with working out if we could all have the life style a famous personal trainer, where our whole entire job was just dedicated to working out and showing others instead of sitting near a computer and having the standard hour lunch break... then yeah the weight loss thing would have to be slightly easier...

My weekly weigh in is tomorrow did it all by myself this week without their calorie control food, and I think Ive done really good. I really dont think i need them but Its a convenient program for us atm and is a great booster to this new lifestyle change.
Will post tomorrow :)
klas26

Postby Blitz » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:06 am

I do like Chris Powell's 'Extreme Makeover' show because even though he expects them to train hard four hours a day (they have to if they want to lose 50% of their weight in a year)...he does show the struggle of fitting it into your life.
For most of the people on the show it is a time commitment that does cost financially; as well as relationship wise.

Even though I started exercise very slowly (10 minutes per day - starting in my second week)...I quickly realised that I would have to step it up if I wanted results. Most days towards the end I was doing at least three hours and sometimes four hours of exercise. I would do an hour in the morning on the exercise bike, go swimming after lunch for an hour and jog an hour or two at night. The hard work pays off - I managed to get 50% off within the year (11 months and 15 days)...the other 6% took a little longer!

It all became a question of juggling life and exercise commitments around each other. Thankfully I had a supportive family (yeah sometimes the support wore thin...but that is life) but financially we did suffer as I didn't put my full effort into my business. But it was a question of priorities...that was the year that I had to get my health and weight in order - or there wouldn't be a future to concern myself with!

It was a cost (financially, time and relationships) - but one that was worth the effort. 8)

Looking forward to your weigh in! :)

Kim
Blitz

Postby klas26 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:34 am

Thank you will weigh in shortly.
Yes I guess it's about priorities! With three small children my priorities lies with them at the moment. I know I need to be there for them after seeing my close relative leave behind their children at a very young age of 30 something... I guess that's why I'm doing it my way! A convenient and maybe easier way to some....

The beauty of it is including them in the process and trying not to prioritise this as it's a full lifestyle change so I can't switch off for twelve months as it needs to be forever. It has been good though as it's helped them out also.

I found my 6 year old telling me that he won't have the cake because it's unhealthy and he felt he'd had enough treats for the day (with christmas get together he'd had at school.
It was nice to see him make a conscious decision that the choice of food lacked in nutritional value and now refers to most veggies as "energy food" .

We decided to grow a very large veggie garden so that will make a big difference for the kids. One problem I've never had with them is getting them to eat fresh fruit and veg. Infact my three year old insists on buying broccoli everytime we go shopping (I use to joke that he was adopted or swapped at birth as my choice of food at that age would of been a "toffee apple" or fizz wizz....
It does bugs me though how some doctors assume your kids may be overweight because you are! (I had an appointment and was asked if my children were over weight... ) RUDE and presumptuous !!

I know the statistics but it's a frustrating assumption. I guess in that sense I can admit up being a hypocrite as I make them eat what I barely use to... ( more fruit and veg) until now if course now I'm packing all the good stuff in... If anything they have taught me a thing or two... :) :) :)
klas26

Postby DD Diva » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:41 am

Looking forward to your weigh in too, Klas.....I'm sure you'll do well (fingers and toes crossed for you)!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby klas26 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:31 pm

Thanks dd diva.

Weigh in today 1.9kg loss that's over two weeks as i missed last weeks weigh in. So 113.6kg
9.3kg loss to date.

Happy with that was nice to see I can do it by myself if I have to :lol:
klas26

Postby DD Diva » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:02 pm

klas26 wrote: Weigh in today 1.9kg loss that's over two weeks as i missed last weeks weigh in. So 113.6kg
9.3kg loss to date.

Happy with that was nice to see I can do it by myself if I have to :lol:

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! WELL DONE Klas, you should be very proud of yourself, that's a mammoth achievement!!! :wink: 8)
DD Diva

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In