It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:00 am

Free Newsletter

Klas Weekly weigh in...

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Klas Weekly weigh in...

Postby Blitz » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:31 am

9.3kg lost so far!...Excellent!
You must be pleased with how you are going so far. 8)

Just keep at it the same way and before you know it - you have reached goal! :D

The kids are always a priority.
The secret to success is to involve the whole family in the process so that they feel a part of it.
I think my daughter personally thinks that she lost all my weight for me (funny I'm sure I was the one doing all the hard yards! :lol: ).
Weight management for kids is best caught rather than taught. Your example speaks volumes.
I made darn sure that I stayed off my daughter's case even though my poor past example had left it's mark on her (slightly heavier than she should be for her age). Now through my good example (and her good mum's) she is making great choices off her own bat and enjoying moving more with her old Dad. :)

Involving your kids into your new lifestyle is fantastic...this is the way to continued success! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby klas26 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:54 am

Hi all I've been in hospital having major surgery I'm home recovering now and I must say my weigh in before christmas was 114kg (I'd put on)

Since then I've certainly lost a little,

I'm around 112.4kg but the official weigh in on Saturday and back to it again.

I'm hopeless when I'm thrown out of routine... Can't really do much working out as I'm still in a fair bit of pain but just keeping the kj down and drinking lots of water seems to be helping ATM.

Hope you all had a great christmas. :) :)
Now to stay away from the Easter eggs lol
klas26

Postby Blitz » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:39 am

Good to see that you have managed to pull the gain back again. 8)

The surgery is a good reminder for you not to take your health for granted. Stuff like that has a way of tapping you on the shoulder and saying to you; "you've got to start looking after...you aren't as young and robust as you once were!" :shock: :lol:

When I had my belly hernia operated on (and they hacked off a few kilos of loose skin at the same time), I was pleasantly surprised that the demands of the healing process on my body had supercharged my metabolism. I fully expected after the operation that inactive recovery time would mean that I would gain a hideous amount (even with moderate eating) and that I would be faced with the task of having to lose up to ten kilos or so. Imagine my joy when at weigh in (when I could actually shuffle onto the scales) and discovered that I weighed less than before my operation.

Do what you can...push as much as you can but really make sure that you don't push yourself too far and fall off the edge.
Glad to see you are still in the game even when it gets tough.
Excellent work...looking forward to your next weigh in - and your better future! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby klas26 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:56 pm

Yes unfortunately I'm in a little to much pain to go mountain climbing.

The surgeon needs a serious chat about the right place and the right time to discuss loosing weight, one not being when you are being wheeled into surgery feeling exposed embarrassed and scared
and are already so darn nervousness about the procedure!!!

Near 10kg off I'm not sure what more I could do at that point...
Anyways good to be home, nice not to be hungry although it's also a little scary not to have an appetite.

Can't wait to get to under the 110 mark again will be a lovely little milestone :)
klas26

Postby Blitz » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:27 am

klas26 wrote:Yes unfortunately I'm in a little to much pain to go mountain climbing.

So running a marathon this weekend is out of the question then? :lol: :wink:

klas26 wrote:The surgeon needs a serious chat about the right place and the right time to discuss loosing weight, one not being when you are being wheeled into surgery feeling exposed embarrassed and scared
and are already so darn nervousness about the procedure!!!

Near 10kg off I'm not sure what more I could do at that point...
Anyways good to be home, nice not to be hungry although it's also a little scary not to have an appetite.

Never having been fat - they just don't get it. It doesn't matter if they are health professionals or just regular plebs...they just don't understand having never dealt with all the major and subtle problems the overweight have.
That is the strength of this Forum. We are you peers in this - we understand this from the inside and not from the casual observer's view point.

klas26 wrote:Can't wait to get to under the 110 mark again will be a lovely little milestone :)

It is good to grasp forward to these sort of goals...each one of these goals carries us closer to the finishing line and success. 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby klas26 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:14 am

Blitz wrote:
klas26 wrote:Yes unfortunately I'm in a little to much pain to go mountain climbing.

So running a marathon this weekend is out of the question then? :lol: :wink:

Never having been fat - they just don't get it. It doesn't matter if they are health professionals or just regular plebs...they just don't understand having never dealt with all the major and subtle problems the overweight have.
That is the strength of this Forum. We are you peers in this - we understand this from the inside and not from the casual observer's view point.

Yes lol... Maybe the marathon might have to be put on hold for say!!! I don't know...ever .... Lol....
(End of this year maybe once I look good in spandex maybe :) )

Thanks Kim, it's so frustrating getting a surgeon like that. He wasn't obese but wasn't skinny either..
He was more concerned as to why I had not got the lapband refilled and not happy with my progress to date.

Anyway I am thinking of writing him a letter since he was dismissive when I was explaining myself.. Grrr oh how I'm so sick of judgemental people!

That's why I enjoy the forum love the wonderful ongoing support.

Looks like another .200g down weigh in tomorrow might be a little different with clothes , But at least I know ive lost with no program needed for over a month. In saying that back on the official program on Monday :)
klas26

Postby Blitz » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:54 am

He's not happy with your progress?
Heck - he should try living the life from the inside and really discover how unhappy it makes you feel! :shock: :lol:

Typical surgeon reaction...lapband refilled fixes the problem. What they don't get is that if that space between the ears ain't right - no amount of surgery is going to fix the problem. While surgery can be a useful (abet a drastic, expensive and dangerous method)...it is not the 100% fix that it is promoted as. Even if everything goes right (and it doesn't for many) - it is still a very hard road to travel down with lifetime drawbacks. :(

Good job posting a loss in these tough times...and glad to hear that things are return to normal 8)
...get back on the program and put in a smashing number for next week okay? :D

Victory is for those that keep at it...not to the fickle but to the faithful!
Keep going!

Kim
Blitz

Postby klas26 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:45 am

Thanks Kim,

It's just so sad when you expect so much from the ones that should actually know better. Doctors should be trained in both physical and practical :( and if they are they need to focus on head space as it over rules everything.

All I can say is after what I've been through with the surgical approach all of a sudden I'm questioning my choice!!!

Being A bit older, wiser and have just learnt so much about me and my body in the past few years that the lead up to my original decision never knew!!!!

If I'd lost a loved one earlier or had a crystal ball and could see what I needed to truly do! Of I could see it was not all about being happy and excepted but just about being heathy and happiness would follow would I have taken that path????

But had what I've done and the decisions I've made made me who I am today?

So here I am still trying to get this weight off. The focus I'd on the next 12kg :)
Then we will go from there :)
klas26

Postby Blitz » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:59 am

You are right on the money with your observation there.
While it is smart to deal with it when you are young - it is often the case that a lot of time and experience needs to pass under the bridge before wisdom kicks in. :roll:

For me I had to hit the the other side of 50 before I did anything about my morbid obesity.
Now with hindsight I'm kicking myself that I hadn't dealt with it years ago.
"Youth is wasted on the young" is a very true saying.

In the end - it is what it is...and thankfully dealing with this problem at any time is better than never dealing with it.

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:43 am

Congrats on your loss Klas, can't wait till you get to breakthrough the 110kg milestone; which I'm sure you'll do easily!! Keep up the good work!! :wink:

Kim, I can soooooooooooooooo relate to all you wrote; I too had to get to my 50's (starting my journey a month before my 50th to be exact). Youth is definitely wasted on the young, but with age comes experience and wisdom, and we'll not only end up with both but with a better, healthier future regardless of age!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:05 am

DD Diva wrote:Kim, I can soooooooooooooooo relate to all you wrote; I too had to get to my 50's (starting my journey a month before my 50th to be exact). Youth is definitely wasted on the young, but with age comes experience and wisdom, and we'll not only end up with both but with a better, healthier future regardless of age!!! :wink:

My 56th birthday is coming up soon and I started my weight loss journey a few weeks shy of my 52nd birthday. In my mind's eye 52 years was all I had if I didn't change. So every year since then I count as a blessing and a bonus. I may have wasted a lot of those youth years but at least now I have a few more extra years (with good youthful healthiness to boot) that I wouldn't have had if I hadn't changed my lifestyle. 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby Tams » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:39 pm

Hey Klas, don't get too down about the surgeon's demeanour. Remember that surgeons in particular, are clinical by nature. Add to that the millions of people they see (in person and in their research), who die or are sick from something that we CAN CONTROL, and they can get a bit disheartened and blunt (if not downright angry). If it helps, think of it a bit like the current trend of Drs blatantly and bluntly declining patients who will not vaccinate their children - it's the same thing; non-vaccination, and overweight, are choices, despite the evidence, that will result in illness and death. Never pleasant to be on the receiving end of a surgeon's messages of course (I know, Ive just been there; very disheartening). But it's good to hear you're fighting still :) I hope that putting his blunt manner in perspective of his job and nature can help you feel better.
Tams

Postby klas26 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:57 am

Thanks tams yes I do understand the way they think, I've got a mum with smokers lung cancer (terminal) but never felt like that towards my mum as I know no ones perfect and we just all have something we can't seem to shake whether it's weight smoking nail biting :) if we had hindsight to begin with life would be different.

I know what you all mean about the age thing.. I was 29 and hitting 30.. Mother of two at the time missed all the cool stuff you do when your a Teen due to pure embarrassment about my weight... 29 was when I went no more. And got the band...
Then after so many complications and another pregnancy busy mum of three pushed herself under the carpet and concentrated on the kiddies... Here we are now... back on a weight loss struggle..

This weeks weigh in was a success though I can now officially say more then 10kg off :)
Not bad with no excerice as I'm still very sore three weeks out from my operation just taking it slow.

This weeks weigh in was 700g loss.

10.5kg in total :lol:

Being 112.4kg I'm still not feeling wonderful but it beats 122.9kg...
Slow and steady wins the race. The beauty of this is I have not really followed their program because I want a long term thing. The weeks I do I get off over 1kg but I'm liking the freedom of choice so I've opted for the goal at jenny to be 100kg then I'm going to try getting the rest off gradually through healthy eating and choices.

Hope you are all doing great :)
klas26

Postby Tams » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:30 pm

This weeks weigh in was 700g loss.

10.5kg in total :lol:

Being 112.4kg I'm still not feeling wonderful but it beats 122.9kg...
Slow and steady wins the race.

YEAH, THAT!!

I'm in a fat gain position at the moment, but it sure beats giving up totally (it could be HEAPS worse), so I'm not feeling wonderful either, but give it time...
Tams

Postby klas26 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:21 pm

Thanks tams, up and down sounds like me :)
Put on 400g over christmas but not to bad considering :)
klas26

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In