It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Téa's weigh ins.

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Téa's weigh ins.

Postby fgamz89 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:29 am

So instead of doing a weekly weigh in I plan to do a fortnightly weigh in as I find it keeps me more focused on the foods I'll be eating and more goal determined..

I did however do this weekly, my starting weight was 62.7kg as of last week, this morning, I weighed in at 62KG flat which is perfect, I don't want to lose weight too quickly, I'm definitely taking my time with weight loss as I want to create a different lifestyle and not just 'lose weight'.

Last week was me pretty much getting into the intense side of exercise, body shredding routines that kill you but really work out your body and cardio exercises as well, I'm aware from what I've read that I will eventually gain muscle before the fat goes and my PT even said to ignore the scales during the first few weeks since it will go up and possibly make me feel like I'm gaining weight.. But like I said I plan to do my weigh ins anyways and see how I have progressed :D

Next weigh in will be on 8th March.. I'll see you then with awesome results!!!
STARTING WEIGHT: 62.7KG
GOAL 1: 58 KG - completed
GOAL 2: 54KG
FINISHING GOAL: 50KG
fgamz89

Re: Téa's weigh ins.

Postby Blitz » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:36 am

fgamz89 wrote:So instead of doing a weekly weigh in I plan to do a fortnightly weigh in as I find it keeps me more focused on the foods I'll be eating and more goal determined..

I found the opposite to be true. Whilst I did have a weekly weigh in...I found that my daily weigh ins kept me very focused on my food intake and made me goal determined (specially as the days got closer to my weekly weigh in).

fgamz89 wrote:I did however do this weekly, my starting weight was 62.7kg as of last week, this morning, I weighed in at 62KG flat which is perfect, I don't want to lose weight too quickly, I'm definitely taking my time with weight loss as I want to create a different lifestyle and not just 'lose weight'.

0.7kg is a fair loss. Good work. :)
I imagine that some muscle was made as well, so you got the best of both worlds - recorded a lost and gain more muscle/fitness. :D

fgamz89 wrote:Last week was me pretty much getting into the intense side of exercise, body shredding routines that kill you but really work out your body and cardio exercises as well, I'm aware from what I've read that I will eventually gain muscle before the fat goes and my PT even said to ignore the scales during the first few weeks since it will go up and possibly make me feel like I'm gaining weight.. But like I said I plan to do my weigh ins anyways and see how I have progressed :D

Next weigh in will be on 8th March.. I'll see you then with awesome results!!!

You may want to record you body measurements as well. That way if your muscle building hides your fat burning then you will be encouraged to see body shrinkage is happening.

Keep working it hard!
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby fgamz89 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:35 pm

Thanks Kim.

I am really tempted to see my scale every morning but if I notice a small change in usually get discouraged and stop the trying lol..

I definitely can feel a difference in my body though.. I'm not feeling so flabby anymore which is great.. I'm excited to see my end results though.. If I feel this way just losing a kilo and I have a 11 to go. Wow!!

Eating is getting better too. Making healthier choices.. My fitness pal helps tremendously.. I had a mini cupcake yesterday and if I hadn't checked to see the calories in that I would have had 3 or 4 and ate at least my whole days and half a days worth of calorie intake!!! Definitely an eye opener..
fgamz89

Postby Blitz » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:47 am

Yeah those innocent looking cupcakes can pack quite a punch.
In my book, all things are permissible but not all things are helpful.
To me stuff like cupcakes gives me too little pleasure for having to working my butt off to remove the damage.
My daughter loves them and she occasionally has one as a treat but she is wise enough to know to trade another kind of treat or make a really healthy choice when we go to the local markets for dinner and/or go for a good walk with her mum and dad.

One kilo down...eleven to go - excellent!
One of the great surprises of weight loss is how great you feel generally as you lighten your load.
If only I had know how fabulous I would feel losing all that fat - I would have done it years ago.
But that is the trouble when you are struck in that hole...it is hard to see the horizon from that vantage point! :shock: :lol:
Enjoy the feeling but remember - every kilo more you get off - the better it becomes! 8)

Keep going!

Kim
Blitz

Postby fgamz89 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:56 pm

I'm down to 61 kg flat!!!
I'm pretty happy with these achievements.. I had a hiccup last week and hurt my groin doing some hiit.. It was a quick recovery, thankfully but I need to take it easy when it comes to my excessive exercises as I tend to go really really hard for a beginner and it's not good..

Oh well lesson learnt.. Until next time T. xo.
fgamz89

Postby Blitz » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:40 am

Exercise is that delicate balance of pushing the body hard but not breaking it.
I know that as soon as I get a twang of pain I slow right down straight away.
When caught in those first few seconds you can usually steer clear of major damage.
Real serious injuries occur when we ignore those early warns and keep pushing the pain barrier.

In my early days of exercise I ignored the pain caused by my thongs interacting with sweaty feet. In those early days I thought thongs were okay footwear for exercise...this event showed me the wisdom of buying a reasonable pair of walking shoes and good thick socks! :lol:
Had mega blisters on my toes that slowed my walking exercises for a while until they healed.
Learnt to listen to my body after that!

One thing that I did find helpful was to use those first small twangs to find my way around the problem.
For example; if I'm running along and suddenly feel a small jab of pain in some part of my foot - I would slow pace down and try to consciously place my foot in a new gait. I would shift the weight around and use another part of the foot to take the stride.
Once I found a place that felt alright I would slow assume normal speed.
By this method I was often able to avoid serious hurt and managed to work through those early warning signs.

Another thing I also found useful is to start my exercises slowly.
Finding the rhythm is more important than belting out of the blocks.
When I start my run, for example, I'm travelling at a speed that would make a snail competitive.
I'm far more interested at that stage to get my feet placement, running stride and arm swing right.
Once they are feeling comfortable (usually after a couple of hundred metres) I'm ready to go harder.
The fastest part of my run is always the last few hundred metres.
This is when I'm right in the rhythm and the style is cruising real naturally. 8)

Down to 61kg...good to see you still moving forward. :D
Keep going!

Kim
Blitz

Postby fgamz89 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:19 am

Sonika haven't posted as regularly as I should be.. I'm a bit annoyed atm and hoping someone can help me with what might be going on..

I started to do cardio in my routine.. I do 35 mins of cardio everyday and weight training every 3 days.. So far no luck with losing any weight if anything I've gained weight.. I'm still eating clean, counting my calories and should have been in my 57s by now.. But I'm at 62 still and don't know why.. I've increased my water intake, stopped doing cardio and just sticking with diet for now (I found out I have diastasis recti and I need to lay off the hiit)

I just have no idea what I'm doing wrong.. If anything I'm doing everything right.. I even increased my caloric intake when I was doing the heavy workouts but still nothing.. Ive decreased my calories for now since I'm not doing much. I just need some guidance and some help..

I've been thinking of just losing weight via diet and then when I've reached my goal weight to add tone via weights, by then I'm hoping my diastasis has gone away. I'm giving it a year from now.

But if anyone can help me please do, I'm all ears. :)

Nb. I've been doing hiit for a little over 2 months now. Surely I would have seen results now right?
fgamz89

Postby admin » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:24 pm

Welcome Back

You have hit a Plateau...everyone does so you are not alone. Your brain says you want to reach a certain number and your body says nope I am staying here!
Here is a quick article on this subject which you might find useful.

How to get over a Weight loss Plateau

Blitz will have more to say on this subject as he has been there done that and got that t-shirt! :o

Cheers
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Blitz » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:06 am

It could be a plateau...just a period of time where you body is telling you that it needs to catch up with what you are doing to it
...or...
The weight lifting is making muscle and masking weight loss.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing as this gives you a more toned looking body and with the muscles come a high calorie burning metabolism.
Think of it in terms of doing a house renovation.
At the beginning of the renovation everything is stripped down and the place looks like a bomb site.
But that is so the place can be made anew.
With muscles it looks like you are going nowhere or even backwards but this is happening for the greater good can became reality down the road.
One of my greatest regret in my weight loss journey is that I didn't take down measurements of different parts of my body.
This would have given me added encouragement during my journey especially when the scales didn't seem to be giving me results.
Apart from my scales showing that my weight was dropping the only other indications of success was that my clothes were literally falling off me and every two weeks I had to put new holes in my belt (don't forget I lost a huge amount of weight so stuff like that is very noticeable).

Don't panic...all your work will pay off big time real soon! 8)
Keep going and win through! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Divalicious » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:59 am

Welcome back! :)

Good to see that despite the weight going upward, you've stayed strong and kept on true (cudos to you) :wink: It is especially discouraging when that happens, and most people tend to through it all in as a result. :oops: What they don't realise, it is often (as Kim said) muscle gain which in the long term will chase away those nasty kilos (wait and see)!! :wink:

I know that the harder I work out at the gym, and especially the more weight training I do, the more I go up!!! :roll: But.....within a week or two (of the numbers continually going up) my body surrenders quite a substantial amount which includes the amount gain (plus interest)!!! Yay :D

What I would suggest to you is, decrease the weight training (a tad) and increase the cardio (for fat loss). It's a good idea to do a mix, cardio and weight training as both will give you the results you need. Just remember, cardio for fat burning and weight/strength training for muscle building which in turn will not only give you the same (BETTER in fact) fat burning/weight loss results but will see you more toned (or as Kim said) sculptured.

I've been on a plateau for weeks now, having just 3.5kg left to goal, and it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard to shift weight, and whenever I do it tends to be (thankfully only slightly) upwards. If I've been "good" and stayed on track (and generally this is the case) it is because I've either not exercised enough and/or have exercised heaps but have gained muscle, which we all know weighs more than fat.

Take heart, stay on track and you'll see that at the end of these disappointing shifts upwards will come a massive (roller coaster-type) downward dip!!! :wink:
136.0kg - Heaviest weight (1/1/12)
126.6kg - Starting weight (1/1/13)
60.0kg - Goal weight
63.3kg - Current weight

Divalicious

Postby Tams » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:02 am

Are you getting help with the diastasis recti? Could you check with the medical professional that your exercise regime is safe with this condition, and is building you toward better, rather than creating further future problems?

Just speaking from an injury perspective here, as I've been out for 4 months, and looks like I wont be fully fit for 1 year (as in fit to do what I normally do!). I'm doing some extensive rehab work -its at least 1hr per day, and I've had to let go of all fitness type work. I also know that many programmes and personal trainers aren't geared for safety, especially with someone who has a condition, so be careful as your first priority.

I don't know a lot at all about your condition, or hiit - but given it is high intensity interval weight training, I'd be betting that you need a solid and strong core to safely do things. Which seems that you need to correct the diastasis recti first??? See a good physio for a rehab programme??? (How frustrating! I hear ya!!)

Best wishes!
Tams

Postby fgamz89 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:33 pm

Wow thank you everyone for such encouraging replies :)

I had heard of plataeus before so it's definitely not new to me, I will look more into it though as I haven't really been through it before I just hope everything falls into place sooner than later, in patient enough to wait but after 2 months I was definitely starting to feel alone, but I'm glad other people have experienced this as well and have knowledge of it.

My diastasis is my main focus atm (it's from my pregnancies).. I do have to do certain exercises for it, I can't do hiit anymore, I can do certain things but I have to be careful with the core exercises as I've been shown which to do and which to avoid, even have to get up a certain way now and wear a splint .. I have been walking and doing my x training As well for cardio.. IT does get pretty boring after a while but I do it everyday for a good 40 mins now.. Been doing good with my caloric intake too so I'm hoping I see results soon..
fgamz89

Postby Blitz » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:12 am

My first principle in weight loss is "listen to your body - and look after it".

If your body isn't 100% then how can you expect it to give you 100%...look after your body and then it will be able to deliver in the future. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby fgamz89 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:23 pm

Haven't posted in a while but awesome news I'm down to 57kg wee!!

Will have to bookmark this page to come more regularly :) I hope everyone's been well!! xx.
fgamz89

Postby fgamz89 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:27 am

Yay!! Down to 56kg!!

I'm loving my new confidence!!