It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:42 am

Free Newsletter

Whhhoo NOT

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Whhhoo NOT

Postby Tas » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:27 am

Hi All

Well as you know I went to my personal trainer on Friday - had a major workout. I was as stiff as an old board on Saturday but weighed in at 79.9 kilos - I managed to do some exercises but was really painful. Sunday I hand mowed the lawns even though I was still sore, and ony managed a few kilometres on the ski/walker. My abdomen and legs are the worse for pain at the moment, can hardly get down on the exercise mat!

I weighed in this morning and am 80.8!! Back to the drawing board I guess :shock:

I am sure there are many reasons for it and I can only guess at what I have read that there is muscles forming or I have more fluids in my body - I did drink a lot yesterday (not wine, water :lol: )

Cheers

Maria
Tas

Postby emma21 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:21 pm

Hi Maria

Your weight can fluctuate a lot during the week (e.g. one day you could weigh 2kg more than the day before and vice versa) and theres lots of things that can effect this (fluid, muscle gain etc)

My only suggestion is not to weigh yourself everyday, maybe just once a week, so you get a more accurate weekly weight loss and it will probably stop you stressing a bit when you have noticed a sudden weight gain over night....

I hope what I have said has helped a little :)

Emma :D
emma21

Postby Tas » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:33 pm

Hi Emma

Thank you - yes you are right - I stress over everything :lol:

Seriously now, my weight has always fluctuated before I even gained this weight :shock: It's even worse now.

I did do a pretty severe workout on Friday and Sunday so I expect it is fluid (as it was hot and i was working out) so I drank more.

I should really move the scales out of the bathroom - it's too easy to jump on them after showering - so out it goes :P

Thanks again

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:45 pm

I should really purchase a set of scales....I only know how much I weigh cause they weighed me the day I had my wisdom teeth out last week. :oops:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dolly » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:11 pm

Did they weigh you before or after you had your teeth out :wink:
Dolly

Postby Tas » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:57 pm

Hahaha I like that one - maybe we should all weigh ourselves with something missing := :wink:

I was thinking about having a hysterectomy - mmm how much do *they* weigh :- :evil:

Maria
Tas

Postby Dolly » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:44 pm

A normal uterus is about 8 x 6 x 4 cm and has a volume of 75-200cc. This is about the size of a woman’s fist.
It actually weighs only 100-200gms (there are 28 gms in an ounce)

:lol:

Dinner
beef stew
and a glass of red[/u]
Dolly

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:27 pm

hhehhe dolly Hi tas have u tried measuring yourself it may show your losses better as you have been doing great workouts . Try measuring these places say once a week on a different day to your weigh in youll be suprised at how much it shows .

The best places to do this are -neck,bust (nipple line ),under bust (bra line )waist (belly button), hips , upper thigh (widest part ), lower thigh (above the knee), arm (between shoulder and elbow) and neck .

Hope this helps you
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Tas » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:10 am

Hi Dolly and Jules

I feel much wiser after finding out about how much a uterus weighs :D Not much weight in it really is it? I might as well stay *entire* for the time being.

Dolly I hope you enjoyed your stew after that explanation :twisted:

Jules, I should have measured myself when I first started on this journey and i didn't but I will hunt out a tape measure and start now - thanks for the tip...

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Return to Weekly Weigh In