It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:40 pm

Free Newsletter

I don't understand!

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

I don't understand!

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:49 am

I just weighed myself and I've put on 7 kilos! :cry: I don't understand! How can I have put on weight when I've been eating less and exercising more! I hate my body! :cry: :cry:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Fairie » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:56 am

I understand your frustration, it seems the more we excersise and be careful on what we eat WE PUT WEIGHT ON. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I just have to keep thinking I will get to goal!!!

Is it the TOTM Dawn, I know that affects my weightloss.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:58 am

I'm on thew implanon thing, I don't get them anymore

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dolly » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:49 am

Hi Tegan, sorry to hear you've gained weight. I once gained 3 kilo in 5 days and it almost sent me into an eating binge (luckily the girls here calmed me down)

Firstly we'll have to look into what might have happened in your diet..
These foods have hidden fats that make people gain weight
Sourdough bread it contains
3 cups lukewarm water
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon salt
1 cup powdered milk
1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted and cooled (1/2 stick)
or vegetable oil
flour (white, whole wheat, or a combination
thereof; up to 10% other flours may be used)
So if they are putting that much fat in their loaves perhaps that could be part of the problem

Small serve of chips (12.6 grams fat) you had when you went out with your girlfriends also low fat ice-cream (4 grams fat)
Full cream milk (9.8 grams fat) where as skim or tone no-fat contain (0.2 grams of fat)

Muslie is filled with hidden fats and sugars (I was once told, if you eat two or more tablespoons of sugar/honey per day it will turn into body fat) Not sure if my friends info was accurate, but I've remembered and lived by her rule.

Avocado, margerine, butter, oil, even though they are great energy givers if a dieting person has more than 3 teaspoons of these fats per day you may gain weight)
Did you know that even though there are many wonderful nutrients in this fruit, according to Karen Daly's Fats and Figures book, just a ½ of a large avocado (150g flesh) contains 34.0 grams of fat and 321 calories.
That's the same amount of fat grams as a Hungy Jacks Whopper burger. Totally amazing.

Ham I never eat the stuff anymore the salty meat makes me gain weight for some reason.

The Mexican restaraunt you went to last Friday may have reversed lots of your good work.
Also that nicolos chicken (I'm not sure what that is but a quarter of a bbq chicken with skin on is a whopping 14 grams of fat 250 calories (not good if a person is trying to keep to 25 grams of fat and 1200 calories in a whole day) where as 200g of chicken breast cooked at home only has 2 grams of fat.

Perhaps your scale batteries are running low, I was told at eDiets you should buy a new scale every year as the constant heavy weight can stretch the spring in the digital scales giving a false read out.

Perhaps you've got a thyroid gland breakdown (hypothyroidism)
People who gain an alarming amount of weight in a short time (when not overeating) are quite often found to have hypothyroidism, which means you have next to no metabolism.
It's caused by not consuming enough iodine, our soils don't contain enough of this mineral so our foods are low.
The health food stores sell kelp vitamins that are iodine rich.

The doctor can give you a simple blood test to determine if this is the problem. If it is, you will then be given a daily thyroid pill to replace the thyroid hormone that isn't being produced in your gland located in your neck.
Last edited by Dolly on Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:31 am

I work for the place that makes the bread - I know they're half the salt of most commercial loaves. It has 60% wholemeal wheat and 40% white wheat flour. Not exactly sure on the rest, will ask john this Saturday.

I'll cut out avocado, and not have any butter on sandwiches and halve the amount on my toast.

As far as the muesli, I buy it from a wholefood shop loose. It's pretty similar to my Mum's and they don't put added sugar or anything in, just what's in the fruit. But I'll remove the additional honey, and try to take it out of my teas etc.

I'm happy to take ham out, was eating it under the impression that the protein would help muscle build up.

Nichols chicken is an organic brand of chicken - no skin on the breasts. And the pie was a vegetarian pie (can't remember which it was now though - think it was homity which is potato and leek)

The Mexican restaraunt definitely wouldn't have helped, but I tried to choose the least bad dish on the list - I didn't choose where to go.

The scales are only a week old and are mechanical not digital, so that rules that out.

I'm just really depressed cause I don't feel like I've put any on. I was only thinking last night that even after only a week I didn't look as flabby, still plump, but a bit firmer. Now I just don't feel like eating anything, but I know that's just as bad.

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dolly » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:56 am

It may have been the Mexican restaurant and vegetarian pie (a healthy cheese or pastry does not always mean low fat)
sometimes they use eggs or cream cheese to bind the thing together. They value nutrition value over low fat.
I remember going to a health food store 2 years ago with my husband. It was lunch time and they had these huge pastie type things. It was pastry filled with vegetables and ricotta cheese. I asked for separate bags so we could walk through the mall eating them. After a minute I noticed the bag was see through with fat. I finished eating it, it tasted great but never bought there again.

I know the week before I get my periods I gain almost 2 kilo. so thats not a fun time either.

You're a smart lady and I'm sure you'll figure out the hidden culprit food.
But, If the weight does continues to go up, please see a doctor for a blood test. I pray it's not your thyroid gland.

As you already know, when you are establishing muscle build up, it will make you gain a few kilo initially, but after that time the big muscles will make it easier for you to burn body fat.

hugs
Dolly

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:16 pm

Hey there tegan
Dont get down on yourself hun . I am also on the implanon but i still get weight fluctuations when i was usually to have my monthlies as well as some water retention . Have u just got it or had it for a while . When i first got mine inserted i put on nearly 10 kgs in a couple of weeks .Doc told me it can be one of the side affects . I would this week relly scrutinise all that u eat in a diary which could be as simple as a book or folder . If u have a calorie counter do this for a week and calculate where they could have been high .Most of all dont lose faith . We have all had bad weeks and blowouts here . Its just like getting bucked off a horse.U just jump back on and keep going
Chin Up Dude
Huggles Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:21 pm

I've had it in for about 8 months. Before that I was on the pill. I put on around 15 kilos with the pill and haven't budged since. I thought maybe the Implanon having only one hormone that can affect weight rather than the pill's 2 might make it come off a bit, but not so.

I literally haven't budged more than a kilo or so for 3 years. I was the same weight when I went for surgery 4 years ago as I was when I had my wisdom teeth out 2 weeks ago. This is 7 freaking kilos. And the only thing I've been eating differently is cutting out snacks like biscuits and chips and I've been exercising more.

hey maybe my metabolism works backwards :roll:

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:26 pm

LOL naaaah . I have no metabalism the lowest my weigt has been in 2 years is 92kg and hasnt gone any further down hopefully i can break the barrier Hey who knows your body will go next week ahhhhhhhhhhh now i get it and have a huge loss Most of all dont get dicouraged .I used to think men were but on this earth to give us hell but now i think its our bodies heheh they never ever everrrrrrrrrrr do what they are told
Cheers JUles
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby linda » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:06 pm

maybe it could be portion size? if not, then maybe a trip to the doctor to get your thyroid checked out. I have not only cut out chocolate and junk food, but also cheese and bread. I think cheese was my worst offender. How about you show us what you eat you tomorrow and we can all have a look and see what we think. Remember cardio is the fastest way to burn fat.
linda

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:09 pm

Ok, tomorrow I will weigh/measure everything, since I don't have a camera. But even then it still doesn't make sense becasue I am eating less now than I was before. My meal sizes and types are the same, just no more mid meal constant snacking.

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dolly » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:15 pm

It could be that the implanon doesn't agree with you, the side effects listed below table 1, indicate this as a classic symptom.

click here - http://www.who.int/reproductive-health/ ... ews61.html
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:22 pm

Yeah, possibly

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:38 am

weighed myself Friday and I had lost 1 kilo from thursday. Then weighed myself Saturday night and had put on 4 kg. Weighed myself this morning (Sunday) and was back down to just under my Friday weight.

Is it even physically possible to vary 4kg over a 24hr period? I'm thinking about throwing this set of scales out. I could swear I'm not shifting weight that much. And every time it happens I just cry and cry for ages.

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dolly » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:15 pm

I've got to question my scales too. Next shopping day (5 days time) I'm going to be searching for scales too.

Dolly

Next

Return to Weekly Weigh In