It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:53 pm

Free Newsletter

HEY! NEWBIE ALERT!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

HEY! NEWBIE ALERT!!

Postby RachelB2B » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:09 am

Hey all,

I've just found this forum and I'm so glad I have! I'm a bride to be (I have just under a year to go) and I've put on 10 kgs in the past year.

So, here's what I've done: I have modified my diet in the past 2 weeks and I'm doing OK (it's getting there, I'm 90% better) and I joined a gym (absolutely out of character but I'm so so so so glad! This is my first week)

So far I've already lost 2.5 kgs (mostly water weight I'm guessing) and I plan to get under 60 kgs... but ultimately all I care about is losing body fat percentage and getting FIT! I haven't been fit in YEARS so here's to trying!

I'd love to be a thinner, toned, glowing healthy bride in time for my October 2008 wedding. I hope I can motivate others and you won't mind me constantly updating how I'm going because I desperately need someone to talk to about this!

Rachel xx
RachelB2B

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:04 am

HI rachel welcome to the group

there are a few women here who was due to become brides as well (ive been engaged for over 3 years and still not married lol)

best wishes for your weightloss journey
kate_turner2000

Postby ali » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:39 am

Hey Rachel and Welcome!

This forum is great for getting the support and advice you need, and also a place you can come and talk to people that understand what your going through!

You must be so excited about your wedding, I love weddings! I cant wait to be a bride! (even though im only 20 and have a long wait ahead, hehe) I bet you will be a beautiful, glowing bride come october next year!

Its good that your starting your journey now because weight loss is a slow process, but slow and steady wins the race :wink:

Good luck! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:30 am

Hi Rachel :D Image
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Mandie » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:47 am

Welcome aboard! Congrats on your upcoming wedding.

SOunds like you've taken some good steps to start losing weight.. what a great start you've had! You will make a gorgeous bride :)
Mandie

Postby RachelB2B » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:53 am

ali wrote:Hey Rachel and Welcome!

This forum is great for getting the support and advice you need, and also a place you can come and talk to people that understand what your going through!

You must be so excited about your wedding, I love weddings! I cant wait to be a bride! (even though im only 20 and have a long wait ahead, hehe) I bet you will be a beautiful, glowing bride come october next year!

Its good that your starting your journey now because weight loss is a slow process, but slow and steady wins the race :wink:

Good luck! :D

Hey hun!

I'm only 19 years old! I live with my fiance and have been together for over 4 years. He proposed over a year and a half ago which seems like yesterday so I know that I have to start NOW as time just flies when you're planning a wedding.

Thank you all for your warm welcome... I just got back from the gym! I joined the gym just this week and have already gone 4 times this week. I'm so proud!! I love it, it's so odd for me to love exercise.
RachelB2B

Postby rivenriver » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:00 pm

Hello! :) Welcome!
rivenriver

Postby ali » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:28 pm

I'm only 19 years old! I live with my fiance and have been together for over 4 years. He proposed over a year and a half ago which seems like yesterday so I know that I have to start NOW as time just flies when you're planning a wedding.

Wow thats so cute! It must be so exciting! I wish I lived with my bf, we are so far apart (ok its only like an hour and a half but it seems like forever! Hehe) and I only get to see him on weekends :(

Well good luck with all the wedding planning, that must be so exciting! :D I bet you will be a beautiful bride!

And congrats with going to gym, yeah exercise does become addictive! I love the feeling of loving exercise, hehe (although of late ive been way too lazy :roll: )

Anyway, I talk way too much! Hehe.

Good luck with it all, and I cant wait to start reading your progress when you set up your own progress page! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Postby losebabyfat_2005 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:38 pm

I'd love to be a thinner, toned, glowing ( yeah i would like to be too)

I was hardly a toned bride(glowing maybe) as i was 6 months pregnant. I got married just over a month before my 19th birthday (I'm 21 yr 6 month now) Weddings are so fun, two of my friends are engaged at the moment, one is getting married next year.

Good luck on your weightloss journey, YOU CAN DO IT!

Tanya
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgD7vDi/]
[/url]
losebabyfat_2005

Postby KimE » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:03 pm

Hi Rachel and welcome aboard.

All the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby RachelB2B » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:08 pm

hehehe, thank you for your responses! Sounds like I need to set up a progress page?! I'll be back on tonight once I get over the guilt of over-eating at a halloween party last night!!
RachelB2B

Postby Sas » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:45 am

Welcome Rachel! Good luck with your weight loss journey!

So how are you wedding plans coming along? I got married almost 4 months ago now. :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby GOING,GOING,GONE » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:17 pm

WOW there are alot of girls getting married and ones engaged out there congrats and good luck on your wedding plans and your weight loss journey Rachel. Hey Kate 3yrs isn,t that long your only young yet so enjoy it there is plenty of time to be an old married lady :lol:
TENSION IS WHO YOU THINK YOU SHOULD BE..RELAXATION IS WHO YOU ARE....JULS
(CHINESE PROVERB)

GOING,GOING,GONE

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:57 am

Hi Rachel and welcome to the forum! Errghhh, I hate wedding planning it's such a drag :roll: But then I've never been totally into weddings so I guess it's just hard work from my point of view (that and the fact that I'm doing most of the work myself). Good luc with it!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby oostevens » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:51 pm

WELCOME RACH!!

We share the same name, and I love your spelling :p its the correct way isnt it ha ha.

I got married in April 2006 and I was 21.

I gained a bit before my wedding, but not as much as after i got married.

I am now in the process of losing that weight and my biggest goal is to put my wedding dress on again and have it be TOO big for me :)

Good luck on here, and i know u shall achieve your goal. The wedding is such an awesome day and i know u'll look your best and you will be just glowing :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Next

Return to Introductions