It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:01 pm

Free Newsletter

Newbie Intro

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie Intro

Postby RubyRose » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:28 pm

Hi Everyone,

Well I guess I just wanted to introduce myself. I am so happy I found this site what a great support forum. I think half the battle is won if you have other people to talk to that are going through the same ups & downs as yourself & the success stories are so encouraging.

Well about me. I have finally had enough of being obese. I have been like this for about 10 years , with my weight creeping up slowly every year. I finally decided I have had enough. The trigger was when the hot weather started & I had to face the fact I was going to spend another summer overweight, not fun. I want to be down the beach in boardies nice & cool.

So here I am :

Starting weight: 115kg
Goal Weight : 60kg
Start date : Monday 29th October 2007
Goal Date: 29th April 2008.

Looking forward to the future:

Postby Mandie » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:37 pm

Hi there, welcome aboard!

Just a quick tip - a good goal for weight loss is 0.5-1kg per week... losing weight slowly is more manageable, and best achieved by lifestyle changes.. and you are more likely to keep it off!

Having said that, your goal seems possibly a bit high... that's 55kg in 6 months! It's a great aim, but it might be more realistic to give yourself a couple more months to be at goal.

Best of luck! Are you doing a specific diet/plan, or just making some general healthy changes?

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:42 pm

Hi there RubyRose

welcome to the group :) i know how you feel, you get to the stage where enough is enough and you want to enjoy the good parts of life but you are being held back by your weight.

you are going to achieve great things. small changes to start off with is what i recommend so that you get used to sticking to them. as mandie said your goal is a great aim, try and break that up into smaller goals like 5kg lots and that way you can reward yourself with gifts each 5kg :) makes it go a lot quicker!! xox

Postby Rissa » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:46 pm

Nice to meet you, RubyRose! :D
We've actually got the same starting weight, and have similar goals in our desire to lose a big chunk of weight. I only really started this 2 weeks ago, so am relatively new myself. Good luck, and I can't wait to hear about your progress.
First weigh-in: Sunday 11 Novemember, 2007.
Mission: to lose 5 kilos by this date.

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:33 pm

welcome to the forum ;)

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:00 am

Hi RubyRose and welcome to the forum! Some good advice from the girls! Good luck with it.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby GOING,GOING,GONE » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:10 am

Hey RubyRose nice to meet you I agree a good steady 0.5 to 1kg a week is a good format and do break it down like suggested by Kate into 5kg lots I,ve been on this journey to many times to count, from past experience I found that if I broke it down to 5kgs at a time and make a reward plan for when I reached that goal I would stick to it with more enthusiasm rewards non food of course would consist of maybe a facial or a new lippy, anything that would make me feel special because I had achieved something I set out to do. Good luck you sound focused and as you say you,ve had enough I think we all no what it,s like to be uncomfortable in the heat, and being down at the beach in your boardies sounds great.

Return to Introductions