It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Another Newbie....

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Another Newbie....

Postby Mum of 2 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:44 pm

Just a quick post to introduce myself.
My name is Beck, I'm 29, married with two children aged 5yrs & 3 yrs.
Ever since the birth of my daughter over 3 yrs ago I have been on the weightloss rollercoaster. When she was 3 mths old I worked out my own diet and exercise and lost 15kg over a period of a few months. I then injured my back and was unable to exercise so I gained most of the weight back on sometime later.
I tried getting back into the whole weightloss thing again, but my heart just wasn't in it, I'd lose a few kilo's here and there then just put them back on again.
I finally woke up, after we returned from our holiday to Melbourne back in August 07, after eating nothing but takeaway for over a week, I gained 4 kg, I knew it was time to do something.
So that lead me to the Kate Morgan Weightloss Program, I am in my 7th week now, going great, so far I've lost 5kg in 6 weeks, the weightloss is starting to slow off a bit now as I near the end of my target, only having 4 kg to lose seems to be taking forever, but I'm doing my best to stick with it.
I hope I find this forum a welcome support and look forward to chatting with you all at some stage on our weightloss journey's.
Best of luck to everyone - Keep up the good work.

Beck :D
Weight - started at 64kg
Goal - to get to 55kg
Started Kate Morgan Program 7 weeks ago

Currently weigh 58kg....not long to go now, woo hoo :)
Mum of 2

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:54 pm

HI Beck

welcome to the group. well done on your loss thus far and best wishes for the last few kilos. there are a couple of people here on kate morgan and similar programs.
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:24 pm

Hi Beck,

well done on your loss so far! great work!

You're SO close.. maybe try joining the Almost There section and posting up some progress? Quite a few girls over there down to the last few pesky kgs!

best of luck
Mandie

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:52 am

Hi Beck and wecome to the forum! Injuries can be a bit of a setback, but often times you can find ways to work around them! Well done on your losses so far!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Sas » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:58 am

Welcome Beck! Congrats on your loss so far.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby Mum of 2 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:51 am

Thanks for your replies guys, and your support, weightloss is such a challenging experience but well worth it in the end.
I had my weigh in on Monday and failed to lose any, I was so dissapointed, but this happened last time I was dieting so I expected it at some stage that I might not lose any, I'm also doing weights etc at home and using my exercise bike, so I guess even tho I didn't lose weight this week according to my scales I am toning up my muscles, so I'm trying to look at it in a positive way.
Keep up the good work girls & best of luck with your weightloss.

Regards
Beck :)
Weight - started at 64kg
Goal - to get to 55kg
Started Kate Morgan Program 7 weeks ago

Currently weigh 58kg....not long to go now, woo hoo :)
Mum of 2

Postby Mandie » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:56 am

You're right Beck, a plateau week here and there is nothing new! You will lose weight next week :)

Maybe you should try taking some measurements of your waist, hips, thighs and arms and then you can check those after a month or so - that way, even if the scales don't move, you have PROOF that you ARE getting more toned :)

Remember, muscle weighs more than fat. So you might have lost 1kg of fat and gained 1kg of muscle, but you'll be physically smaller :)
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:20 pm

hi beck you are definately making progress and making yourself healthier and happier. just keep at it and you will see the results.
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:19 am

Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Return to Introductions