It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:22 am

Free Newsletter

Greetings Earthlings

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Greetings Earthlings

Postby Peppa » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:12 am

Well, okay, I'm an earthling too!

I'm also diabetic and overweight. Losing weight is something my doctor harps on about but hey, easier said than done right?

I am coming to the conclusion that it's not decent to have dimples in any place other than one's facial cheeks however. To this end, I am trying new and wonderful things.

About me: ...hmm... 41, single no children, lives alone, works night shifts, owned by one cat, doesn't eat anything that doesn't come prepacked and microwaveable and um....oh yeah, did I mention I'm overweight?

For hobbies I have very simple tastes. I enjoy crosswords, cryptic crosswords, sudoku, photography, writing, jigsaws and other creative pursuits. Pretty much all my work can be viewed on my blog(s) which is linked on my profile - if I did that right.

I actually have three blogs and a photo site. Just one wasn't enough. That's how much I write. Thankfully, working nights gives me time to do all that stuff.

I have had a history of back injury which became a bit critical earlier this year when I was off work for about 3 months with it. Thus I have to be very careful what kinds of exercise I indulge in. I suspect my days of roller blading are over. lol

I actually stumbled across this site when I was researching feedback on the Leg Magic exercise thing. I did end up buying one and posted on the exercise forum about where I got it. I got a good saving there! :lol:

Having done that, this forum seemed quite nice and I thought I'd join because I'm hoping that some active support will be the ticket to keeping me on the straight and broad (I can't fit on the narrow anymore!).

Have I rambled enough?

Cheers

Peps
Live for the music and dance in the sunshine - failing that, head for the cheesecake! :D
Peppa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:37 am

welcome to the group peps

good luck with the leg magic. they look like fun :)

best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:50 am

Welcome to the forum Peps! Slow and steacy will get you there, just make those small changes gradually, particularly the exercise with your back. Some gentle walking and swimming might be good!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Sas » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:02 am

Welcome Peppa! Thsi forum is great for support and advice. Everyone is so friendly and nice :)

I look forward to heaing about your weight loss progress.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby tanya » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:41 am

Hey Peppa. Welcome to the forum and good luck with your weight loss.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVAbhK/]
[/url]

'Changing to a healthier lifestyle'
Mini goal: To get to 85kg!
tanya

Postby GOING,GOING,GONE » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:53 am

G,day Peppa and welcome, good luck on your journey your in the right place for support.
TENSION IS WHO YOU THINK YOU SHOULD BE..RELAXATION IS WHO YOU ARE....JULS
(CHINESE PROVERB)

GOING,GOING,GONE

Postby Mandie » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:36 am

Hi Pep :)

As Tegan said, slow and steady is the key. Make a few gradual changes, then make a few more.. and before you know it, you're living a healthy lifestyle and the kilos will start to come off :)

Just take things easy... simple walking is one of the best exercises out there!

best of luck on your journey :)
Mandie

Return to Introductions